no such thing as a friends

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
no such thing

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 8, 2008
I just want to say in my life friends are backstabbing liers who use for their own benefit.I have always heard you can count your true friends on one hand,if this is true Im in trouble because I can`t count one.Friends from the past are just that,they don`t care except about themselves.The things experianced by me everyday makes me know this is true.I once had many so called friends,but not anymore its time for me to realize people are how they are and not the way I would like them to be.No matter how well you treat them they will cut you to the bone.A recent thing in my life has changed my outlook.Friends don`t exist and sooner we learn this the better off we are.If you don`t believe me just trust people to be there for you and you`ll see the people closet to you are the worst.
so sorry

Lexington, KY

#2 Oct 8, 2008
I'm so sorry you feel that way. It sounds like you have been truly hurt by someone. There are people out there, however, who are true friends. You also need to look deep inside yourself and ask if maybe you had a part in the situation. It is the hardest thing to do, but noone is perfect. Noone, including ourselves.
truth

London, KY

#3 Oct 8, 2008
no such thing wrote:
I just want to say in my life friends are backstabbing liers who use for their own benefit.I have always heard you can count your true friends on one hand,if this is true Im in trouble because I can`t count one.Friends from the past are just that,they don`t care except about themselves.The things experianced by me everyday makes me know this is true.I once had many so called friends,but not anymore its time for me to realize people are how they are and not the way I would like them to be.No matter how well you treat them they will cut you to the bone.A recent thing in my life has changed my outlook.Friends don`t exist and sooner we learn this the better off we are.If you don`t believe me just trust people to be there for you and you`ll see the people closet to you are the worst.
Found all this out quiet some time ago.Rely on yourself and no one else because no one will be there when you need them.They are only there if they need something from you.
A person's word means little to nothing now.Long ago things were different but times have changed.It's a dog eat dog world and the harder times get the worse we will see in people.
al natural

London, KY

#4 Oct 8, 2008
your full of crap theres some you can count on maybe you chose the wrong ones or it might be how you treated the ones that was true friends?
make it work

Lexington, KY

#5 Oct 8, 2008
The only thing you can say is play your cards close to your chest.Being a friend is more than getting along.Sometimes friends will take you for granted and it makes you mad as hell,but try to understand how they feel,maybe something in their life is going on and they need support from you.If your selfish enough that you want sacrafice what you want,then I guess you`re never be able to be a friend to anybody,so if your on either side of this try to understand the other person.Being a friend to someone isn`t about you its about them.One other thing if you have a close friend don`t lose them,because if they`ve been good to you and really cared about being their for you.To put it frankly you would be sorrier than hell to turn your back on them when they need you.
anonymous

London, KY

#6 Oct 8, 2008
what if you have tried and didnt understand what they was going thru.but started understanding and trying to be apologetic,and even sending them a card.woudn't it be up to them now?
Friends

Winchester, KY

#7 Oct 8, 2008
no such thing wrote:
That is truly sad, but maybe it is the caliber of friends you choose. I have friends that have been in my life for years and have always been there. My best friend and I have know each other now for 35years and have never once had a mean work toward each other, we have experienced all of lifes ups and downs literaly our whole lives. I wish for you that you find that kind of friendship it is truly special when you do. Don't give up on friendship just look for better people to befriend.
anonymous

London, KY

#8 Oct 8, 2008
Friends wrote:
<quoted text>
That is truly sad, but maybe it is the caliber of friends you choose. I have friends that have been in my life for years and have always been there. My best friend and I have know each other now for 35years and have never once had a mean work toward each other, we have experienced all of lifes ups and downs literaly our whole lives. I wish for you that you find that kind of friendship it is truly special when you do. Don't give up on friendship just look for better people to befriend.
Im happy for you to have found this.with my situation i hadnt knowed him long but i think of him everyday i have other friends but there is just something different about him i like.maybe when he gets some things worked out in his life he will call me.cause i really do miss him with all my heart he's a special friend to me.
so sorry

London, KY

#9 Oct 8, 2008
Anonymous you sound so sweet and like you really care for this person just give him some time.
anonymous

London, KY

#10 Oct 8, 2008
Yes i try to be a good person,im not perfect but who is.like i stated when he works through some issues in life maybe he will think of me and call me i will always be there for him.
pam

London, KY

#11 Oct 9, 2008
there are real friends out there.
sage

Somerset, KY

#12 Oct 9, 2008
I uderstand how te person who started this thread feels.I have also had many friends in my life let me down by betraying me.I would say I have had hundreds of friends.I am 33 and can now say only one was a true friend.We are married now and have children and we live in two different towns, but I know if I needed her all I would have to do is pick up the phone.They may be few and far between but true friends are worth the search.I hope you find a true friend.
craig

London, KY

#13 Oct 10, 2008
there out there sometimes they just popup out of the blue.
TMI

Monticello, KY

#14 Oct 10, 2008
You'll never know a true friend until they leave this world. I lost the one and only true friend I had on this earth and I don't think I'll find one like him. My wife is my best friend but a guy needs a guy friend to be around also. The same applies to ladies.
dan

London, KY

#15 Oct 10, 2008
I agree, there are no true friends, they are until you get them in a situation. I try to be nice to everyone, but I just get stabbed in the back. So guess what I am going to stop being nice and who cares what people think of me.
TMI

Monticello, KY

#16 Oct 10, 2008
Just keep your expectations low and we’ll survive.
Agree

Murray, KY

#18 Oct 10, 2008
Sounds like the story of my life really. I'm 30 years old, and I can only count 2 people in my life that I think are truly my friends. And I'm married to the one, and live each day in fear that he will give me what I deserve, and leave me with nothing.
TMI

Monticello, KY

#19 Oct 10, 2008
Agree wrote:
Sounds like the story of my life really. I'm 30 years old, and I can only count 2 people in my life that I think are truly my friends. And I'm married to the one, and live each day in fear that he will give me what I deserve, and leave me with nothing.
Why do think you deserve that?
Someone

Corbin, KY

#20 Oct 10, 2008
The best frind you will ever have is your mother. A mother's love is forever and unconditional. Fathers run a close 2nd but they are not mothers. After that you can have very good friends, but you have to be a good friend to have good friends. Choose friends carefully. True friends are there in the bad times not only in the good. If they are partying buddies, they are not friends.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#21 Oct 10, 2008
dan wrote:
I agree, there are no true friends, they are until you get them in a situation. I try to be nice to everyone, but I just get stabbed in the back. So guess what I am going to stop being nice and who cares what people think of me.
Same situation here. Seems like everytime I am nice to someone that there is a hidden agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephnie Boler 43 min That Guy 1
will there be school tomorrow (Dec '10) 1 hr Trapped local 50
Jeremy deato 1 hr Conservative 1
Microchip Inventor: Ppl Should NOT Take the Chip! (Jun '12) 2 hr Mark 37
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr whatever 147,260
Randoph Boswell (scott) (May '12) 3 hr scam scam 14
who do girl like more country boys or city boys? (Oct '08) 4 hr Brittany lewis 1,024
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages