hawk creek church
caring

Somerset, KY

#74 Feb 23, 2008
they are getting ready to build a 4 million dollar church, deaton's starting going there, scoville's, terry binder,what happened in the church where they went before, must be a story there.

“Just Saying”

Since: Dec 07

Fariston/Lily

#75 Feb 23, 2008
Some friends of mine were shopping for a church a couple of years ago after their's broke up. I know that they went to SEVERAL churches before joining Hawk Creek. They are very happy there. My wife helps them out with the AngelFood Ministries even though she is a member of Souls Harbor. From what I hear, it is a very good place to be.
caring

Somerset, KY

#76 Feb 24, 2008
JRP510 wrote:
Some friends of mine were shopping for a church a couple of years ago after their's broke up. I know that they went to SEVERAL churches before joining Hawk Creek. They are very happy there. My wife helps them out with the AngelFood Ministries even though she is a member of Souls Harbor. From what I hear, it is a very good place to be.
yes churches can break up, but there churches didn't break up.
MIKE H

London, KY

#77 Feb 24, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL He proves it everyday. Well maybe not on Sundays from 10-12. Do you work with him or up town around him? You wouldn't be defending him if you did. Scum but I bet he will donate a lot of money to your church, so who cares right.
CAN YOU WALK ON WATER? I DOUBT IT. YOU SIN JUST LIKE, HE DOES. BUT YOU ARE BETTER, CAUSE YOU GET ON HERE AND TRASH HIM. NO, IDO NOT WORK WITH HIM OR ANYTHING.
In all those years

London, KY

#78 Feb 24, 2008
I sometimes think it is hard for a church or any organization to grow too quickly. Too many people may end up jockeying for position in the hierarchy of the church, and that might not bode well for longevity. Initial enthusiasm and fervor wanes over time and people will drift away, either following someone else, or looking for something else to fill their own needs, or a dispute over doctrine will enevitably arise. It happens in all churches. However, if this church is calling people to Christ, who am I to judge it or its membership? Isn't that what the purpose of all churches is supposed to be? Moreover, I'm fairly certain it is not Christ like to post someone's name on a public message board and then attack him/her behind the auspices of an anonymous cloak. I hope Christ is alive and working through this church to reach as many people as possible. That is my same wish for every church, including my own. Lord knows we can certainly use more Christians in this old world.
LOL

United States

#79 Feb 24, 2008
MIKE H wrote:
<quoted text>CAN YOU WALK ON WATER? I DOUBT IT. YOU SIN JUST LIKE, HE DOES. BUT YOU ARE BETTER, CAUSE YOU GET ON HERE AND TRASH HIM. NO, IDO NOT WORK WITH HIM OR ANYTHING.
LOL I am a better person. I can't remember saying I was this or that. I'm not the one suckering people for political gain. So, again is it okay to trash people and their families when your not in the church house?
creekteen

Cynthiana, KY

#80 Feb 24, 2008
I have been a member of hawk creek for about two years.... i just think it is unfair to say that the church is just in it for the money. We have many programs that reach out to anyone in the community who will come. We have celebrate recovery, a program which specifically reaches out to addicts and people with bad habits. We have a booming youth ministry which is seeing people saved nearly every week. Our bus ministry added a new bus recently. There are plans to start a special needs Sunday school class. If you could only see the diversity of both personalties and economic level in our church, I am sure you would change your opinion of us. If people are more concerned with who is in the church than seeing genuine life changes through Jesus Christ, they are sadly mistaken. I, for one, think that the sole reason for growth at the creek is our genuine love for people of any social status and the desire to see the awesome power of Jesus in people's lives.
caring

Somerset, KY

#81 Feb 25, 2008
pray for bill deaton, any may he sulfer, like he has made others.
Hopewell Member

Hopkinsville, KY

#82 Feb 26, 2008
OLD TIME PREACHER wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a time everyone ran to the latest fad;
Corinth, First Pentecostal, Hart Baptist, Faith Assembly, Calvary Baptist, Hopewell Baptist, etc,
these places have begun to falter sad but true people follow where a crowd is at...but thats ok , people like to be with other people, Hope there is a lot of love at hawk creek, It will work but if it turns into another judgemental, political organization then it is just more of the same with a big mortgage. Wish the best for them but keepyour eyes on JESUS MY DEAR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS at hawk creek, GOD BLESS
I have been a member at Hopewell Baptist Church and love the people and the spirit there. As far as the "Fads" (Fad's come and go) but we've been here since 1883! and have outgrown Many buildings since then. We have a love for each other and a love for Missions. As far as being a TV Church, Jesus told us to "Go" and we are going as best as we can. I pray for other Churches all around our community, that they will grow and see people saved. We should be working together for the Glory of God.
fo shizzle

London, KY

#83 Feb 26, 2008
laurel co pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Humpy , you are right , HAWK CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH is definately the church to watch, when you see people coming out of charismatic churches to go DOWN ON THE CREEK you can be assured the SPIRIT is working...corinth is all right, but nothing to compare to the spirit at HAWK CREEK Ive bee to both of them. God bless you all and God bless HAWK CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH!!!!
Why would you want to compare churches??? Why can't both churches be great? I'll tell you what is NOT good spirit, and that is putting other churches down to make yours look good.
helping not hurting

Cynthiana, KY

#84 Feb 27, 2008
Juan the Baptist wrote:
Shoptaw was a deacon in his previous church and left for no reason. Church is about reaching out to the lost - not reaching out to the affluent and wealthy. Hawk Creek is in for it. I feel sorry for the old timers there who have been the heart of that church for 50 years. The church is now about growth, numbers, building a 3 million dollar building, and recruting tithers. What would Jesus do?
Dr. Shoptaw and his family are inspirations to me...When i look at their family i see love and kindness.Dr. Shoptaw and his wife are always ready to reach out a helping hand to others. They have money..so what? They dont care about that. THey care about God! They are doing whats best for their spiritual life. We cant judge that. And to To Warren Scoville..whom i think is a changed man..you should be helping him grow in his faith...not tearing him down!
catching fire 4 him

London, KY

#85 Feb 27, 2008
wow i cant believe people are trying to trash God @ work , im a member of hawk creek and were all about seeing lives saved , changed , and plugging people into to a special ministry because God has a special plan for everyone and thats how church works is coming together and finding how different people to contribute to the kingdom because its just a church and in the end we wont be judged by what church we go to its how God can use to contribute to the kingdom and when we let God take over things happen that only God can do though us not that we can do on our own. We have such a love for people and just want to do whatever we can do for God because the church is made up of the body for christ so we have all these people coming with different gifts that God has sent to hawk creek because God has called us there and thats where his spirit is moving stronger than ever . so i pray we all get sold out for God and that we catch such a fire for him and spead it like wildfire , that we make such a difference and leave an awesome impact and give all credit to God ! everyone thatsd bashing us , come see us and then try to state your opinions because the spirit is definately moving and we have all different kinds off people there and it doesnt matter how wealthy you are we just got to lay up our real and only treasures in heaven! so hope to see you all very soon . god bless you all .
anyway

Corbin, KY

#86 Feb 27, 2008
Hawk Creek is a great group of people; mostly young ones. It's a good church. Leave it alone. At least people are finding a church and going!
REALITY

Somerset, KY

#87 Feb 27, 2008
helping not hurting wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Shoptaw and his family are inspirations to me...When i look at their family i see love and kindness.Dr. Shoptaw and his wife are always ready to reach out a helping hand to others. They have money..so what? They dont care about that. THey care about God! They are doing whats best for their spiritual life. We cant judge that. And to To Warren Scoville..whom i think is a changed man..you should be helping him grow in his faith...not tearing him down!
DO YOU HAVE YOUR EYES CLOSED?
Sinner saved by grace

Richmond, KY

#88 Feb 29, 2008
I am almost ashamed to admit that I have read these entries; however, as someone who attends the Creek my curiosity lead me here. Concerning the few individuals who have been personally attacked, I'm reminded of what Jesus said to the woman caught in the act of adultery..."let He who is without sin cast the first stone." To those individuals I say be encouraged by His words from Matthew 5 which in effect say you are blessed by those unkind remarks concerning your faith. For anyone who would visit Hawk Creek on any given Sunday, they will find 500+ people from all socio-economic backgrounds worshipping God as one body; struggling and former thieves, adulterers, addicts, along with everyone else who is looking to God for His life changing power. As followers of Christ we are all sinners saved by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ. I pray that every church in this region experiences revival because Christ's coming is soon!

Since: Feb 08

Manchester, KY

#89 Mar 1, 2008
KUDOS to you! I have attened the Creek on several occasions and have felt such love. We are by no means, wealthy people, and when it comes down to it, the vast majority are just ordinary people working to live. Yes, there are several "BIG Spenders" there, but there are ones in the other chuches in the county. It seems to me that as with the other churches who have experienced large growth, everyone is looking for one tiny negative among the vast amount of positive things.

Yes, Jesus is coming soon, when it all comes down to it, all that matters is if HE lives within your heart. Splitting all these hairs is not worth missing Heaven. I've got to much to see when I get there and I've come way to far to turn back now!
Sinner saved by grace wrote:
I am almost ashamed to admit that I have read these entries; however, as someone who attends the Creek my curiosity lead me here. Concerning the few individuals who have been personally attacked, I'm reminded of what Jesus said to the woman caught in the act of adultery..."let He who is without sin cast the first stone." To those individuals I say be encouraged by His words from Matthew 5 which in effect say you are blessed by those unkind remarks concerning your faith. For anyone who would visit Hawk Creek on any given Sunday, they will find 500+ people from all socio-economic backgrounds worshipping God as one body; struggling and former thieves, adulterers, addicts, along with everyone else who is looking to God for His life changing power. As followers of Christ we are all sinners saved by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ. I pray that every church in this region experiences revival because Christ's coming is soon!

Manchester, KY

#90 Mar 1, 2008
That should have said "I have attended". Computers, they are such a pain sometimes! But then again, it could be operator error. ;)
what

Somerset, KY

#91 Mar 2, 2008
rocket1 wrote:
KUDOS to you! I have attened the Creek on several occasions and have felt such love. We are by no means, wealthy people, and when it comes down to it, the vast majority are just ordinary people working to live. Yes, there are several "BIG Spenders" there, but there are ones in the other chuches in the county. It seems to me that as with the other churches who have experienced large growth, everyone is looking for one tiny negative among the vast amount of positive things.
Yes, Jesus is coming soon, when it all comes down to it, all that matters is if HE lives within your heart. Splitting all these hairs is not worth missing Heaven. I've got to much to see when I get there and I've come way to far to turn back now!
<quoted text>
amen to you, and i hope you mean what you say
Invatation

Manchester, KY

#92 Mar 2, 2008
Bigmaw wrote:
I wish I could just get motivated to attend church. I am letting too many hypocrits keep me from going to any of them. I know I will never find a church with perfect people and you arent' supposed to go for the people but I just worship in my own way and stay out of the churches. I am ready for the torture to begin now.
You are invited to the church I go to its just outside London, its a little small one room church, there has been several ppl getting saved, ppl hooked on meth are getting delivered, we are small but I promise we will show you love!! Just come as you are!!(nothing against meg churches this is just where I choose to go)

Lexington, KY

#93 Mar 2, 2008
what wrote:
<quoted text>amen to you, and i hope you mean what you say
"I hope you mean what you say..."?????
Please elaborate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr North Mountain 156,580
midwest logistics (Sep '09) 6 hr Kydriver 42
stephanie riggs (Feb '09) 7 hr Jilly 19
Trucker in London ky tonight and wants to play 12 hr Trucker 1
Missing cat.. 14 hr Elmo 15
Reid gone now dump Mitchy! 16 hr American Sailor 3
Ricky Ashley 18 19 hr ABC 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages