hawk creek church
First Prev
of 26
Next Last
baptist man

Lexington, KY

#1 Feb 2, 2008
whats going on at hawk creek, i hear people are leaving every church and denomination in the county to go there.
Juan the Baptist

East Bernstadt, KY

#2 Feb 3, 2008
I'd rather not go anywhere than to be a part of some new social club. Just wait until the whole thing falls apart. The mentality of people around here and the history of churches gives great odds for that to happen.
educated

Calvert City, KY

#3 Feb 3, 2008
It is a great church and I am happy to be a part of it. It is not a social club....We have reached so many people that we are now yhaving sunday services at the community center. Come and join us and see what you think for yourself.
educated

Calvert City, KY

#4 Feb 3, 2008
Juan the Baptist wrote:
I'd rather not go anywhere than to be a part of some new social club. Just wait until the whole thing falls apart. The mentality of people around here and the history of churches gives great odds for that to happen.
We are anything but a new social club. come and see what you think.
Juan the Baptist

Mount Vernon, KY

#5 Feb 3, 2008
Well, Hawk Creek hasn't come knocking at my door to recruit me into their flock but I understand they are quite good at knocking on the doors of the wealthy.
Concerned

Mayfield, KY

#6 Feb 3, 2008
I can't afford to pay attention and they were more than happy to have me in their church.

Since: Jan 08

Corbin, KY

#7 Feb 4, 2008
Why would somebody start something like this? If people like the church and enjoy going there, they tell others and naturally that draws in more members. If they are growing that is a good thing. If people were happy @ their church they would not switch.
R R R

Waneta, KY

#8 Feb 4, 2008
God knows the heart no matter what denomination you are or what church you go to!
squire

Hazard, KY

#9 Feb 4, 2008
R R R wrote:
God knows the heart no matter what denomination you are or what church you go to!
EPHESIANS 4;4 one faith?
Native Son KY

AOL

#10 Feb 11, 2008
I just hope "they" don't sell off the Hawk Creek property to the wrong people, now that Hawk Creek Church is in downtown London . It's sad for a community to lose the only church . Some people probably will wish they had the old church back , when you have to get all dressed up for LIVE TV i.e. Joel Osteen.
reality

Cynthiana, KY

#11 Feb 11, 2008
squire wrote:
<quoted text>
EPHESIANS 4;4 one faith?
Sadly most people disregard what God says.
But He said they would do that and teach "their own" doctrine instead of His.
You don't hear many teaching that there is "one body, one Spirit, one Lord, one faith, one baptism and one God".
humphammer

Lexington, KY

#12 Feb 11, 2008
Came thru london yesterday , hawk creek has taken the community center and there were cars parked all over every parking lot in town, looks like this is going to be a MEGACHURCH, corinthh and hart and faith assembly have peaked out....this is the church to watch!!!!!!!!!!
Axl40741

Waneta, KY

#13 Feb 11, 2008
sorry Hump ... Corinth has definetly not PEAKED out. come see for yourself on Sunday morning or watch on local TV!! I have tried different churches and not a member and by far Corinth has the best spirit ... not a show church !!
laurel co pride

Lexington, KY

#14 Feb 11, 2008
humphammer wrote:
Came thru london yesterday , hawk creek has taken the community center and there were cars parked all over every parking lot in town, looks like this is going to be a MEGACHURCH, corinthh and hart and faith assembly have peaked out....this is the church to watch!!!!!!!!!!
Humpy , you are right , HAWK CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH is definately the church to watch, when you see people coming out of charismatic churches to go DOWN ON THE CREEK you can be assured the SPIRIT is working...corinth is all right, but nothing to compare to the spirit at HAWK CREEK Ive bee to both of them. God bless you all and God bless HAWK CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH!!!!
Typical

Yauco, Puerto Rico

#15 Feb 11, 2008
Corinth has the best spirit? Maybe you meant to say the best at judging others. Out of all the preachers I have listened to B. is by far the most judgemental.
Swissman

Lexington, KY

#16 Feb 11, 2008
Native Son KY wrote:
I just hope "they" don't sell off the Hawk Creek property to the wrong people, now that Hawk Creek Church is in downtown London . It's sad for a community to lose the only church . Some people probably will wish they had the old church back , when you have to get all dressed up for LIVE TV i.e. Joel Osteen.
Does anyone still go to swiss colony baptist church or has hawk creek closed them down too?
What do you mean about getting dressed up???
BAPTIST BUT EMBARRESED

Lexington, KY

#17 Feb 11, 2008
Typical wrote:
Corinth has the best spirit? Maybe you meant to say the best at judging others. Out of all the preachers I have listened to B. is by far the most judgemental.
AMEM, AMEN< AMEN!!!!!!!!!
OLD TIME PREACHER

Lexington, KY

#18 Feb 11, 2008
humphammer wrote:
Once upon a time everyone ran to the latest fad;
Corinth, First Pentecostal, Hart Baptist, Faith Assembly, Calvary Baptist, Hopewell Baptist, etc,
these places have begun to falter sad but true people follow where a crowd is at...but thats ok , people like to be with other people, Hope there is a lot of love at hawk creek, It will work but if it turns into another judgemental, political organization then it is just more of the same with a big mortgage. Wish the best for them but keepyour eyes on JESUS MY DEAR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS at hawk creek, GOD BLESS
vaughn ridger

Lexington, KY

#19 Feb 11, 2008
Swissman wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone still go to swiss colony baptist church or has hawk creek closed them down too?
What do you mean about getting dressed up???
Swiss Colony Baptist is way down, I dont know if they can pull back up, Hawk Creek is on everyones lips out in these parts.
Baptist lady

Lexington, KY

#20 Feb 11, 2008
Laurel Co Girl wrote:
Why would somebody start something like this? If people like the church and enjoy going there, they tell others and naturally that draws in more members. If they are growing that is a good thing. If people were happy @ their church they would not switch.
Apparently people are not happy at their churches if you could see the crowds at Hawk Creek, I think it is a good thing for people to go to hawk creek; the Laurel River Assn will not be able to control this group of people. These people are on a mission and will not be controlled by an association...this is a good thing. Many Penecostals are there and are learning the truth about the Holy Ghost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal-mart DC 6097 desperately needs to vote union! 12 min Costcoman 56
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min ChromiuMan 156,423
Looking for a good time 3 hr Im mexican 2 5
anyone know anybody that iive at bennett lane? 3 hr John Holmes 2
Looking for a female English Mastiff to breed (Oct '10) 16 hr Drewatr 10
Missing cat.. 20 hr a friend 11
Donnie mills 23 hr just wondering 2

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages