Police: Multiple deaths and 'lots of ...

Police: Multiple deaths and 'lots of injuries' in Laurel County following storm

There are 22 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Mar 2, 2012, titled Police: Multiple deaths and 'lots of injuries' in Laurel County following storm. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

More than one person has died and there are "lots of injuries" in the East Bernstadt area of Laurel County following a severe storm Friday evening, according to Kentucky State Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just wondering

Crown Point, IN

#1 Mar 3, 2012
I am wondering if anyone heard anything abouy Buck Allen
Just wondering

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Found out myself just talked to him and he is ok
cjc

Chillicothe, OH

#3 Mar 3, 2012
Buck Allen is my former brother in law. So sorry to hear of his nephew's family (Wayne, Debbie and their son) dying in this tornado. Pray for the family. Does anyone know if Buck or Nina was injured in this tragedy.
cjc

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Mar 3, 2012
UPDATE -- The Wayne Allen and his family that was killed was not Buck Allen's nephew. I just talked to Buck and he said they had damage to their homes and garage but no one in his family was killed. Thank God for that, but we should all pray for the family that did lose family members and also for the ones injured.
curious

Brodhead, KY

#5 Mar 3, 2012
does anyone know how many was killed in east bernstadt?
kathy

Bolingbrook, IL

#6 Mar 3, 2012
how about the Tyrees re they all ok ???
oddmanout

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Mar 4, 2012
curious wrote:
does anyone know how many was killed in east bernstadt?
I read 4 with names listed but the story here states 5.Wondering if one of the injured has now passed away.
http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/03/2093069/de...

State officials said there were five fatalities in Laurel County, three in Kenton County, two in Johnson County, two in Menifee County, two in Lawrence County, and four in Morgan County, for a total of 18 statewide. But Morgan Coroner Raymond VanCleave and Deputy Coroner Jason Frederick told the Herald-Leader that six people were dead in the county, which would push the state total to 20.
kathy

Bolingbrook, IL

#8 Mar 4, 2012
The Tyree fam has been in the Ape yard for atleast the last hundred yrs does any one know if they are ok ??? I think Bobby Tyree lives there now , can I get an update from someone , PLEASE !!! Thank You !!!
kathy

Bolingbrook, IL

#9 Mar 4, 2012
My prayers go out to all of you
E B Resident

London, KY

#10 Mar 5, 2012
I pray for all the families who lost their loved ones and for those who were injured. I hope they will trust God to help them rebuild their lives.
Dolly

Logansport, IN

#11 Mar 5, 2012
Does anyone know if the Eversole family in and around East Bernstadt, KY are ok?
Kate

Estacada, OR

#12 Mar 5, 2012
Prayers to everyone there in Kentucky
Rob

United States

#13 Mar 5, 2012
Dolly wrote:
Does anyone know if the Eversole family in and around East Bernstadt, KY are ok?
according to Bryon, they're all got out in time. Thank the Good Lord.
are u serious

Manchester, KY

#14 Mar 5, 2012
Dolly wrote:
call them
clyde eversoles granddaug

London, KY

#15 Mar 5, 2012
Dolly wrote:
as far as i know the eversoles are fine there is ALOT of damage and a lot of people injured but as far as i have heard they are all ok thanks for ur thoughts
neighbor county resident

Pella, IA

#16 Mar 5, 2012
I have lots of cousins living in and around East Bernstadt, thankfully none of them were hurt. I live in Mt. Vernon and a lot of us would like to help with taking non-perishables and things that was needed the most at this time. Could someone please let me know so we can start in helping our neighbor. And give a drop-off location that we can do this for your town. Thanks so much and you all are in our Prayers.
Eb girl

Science Hill, KY

#17 Mar 5, 2012
Does any one know Lisa Sizemore. Cause I heard that blue grass road got hit bad and that the road she lived on
pittsburg friend

Kittanning, PA

#18 Mar 6, 2012
Mike and Brenda Eversole lost everything they owned. They could sure use help. Thank God the family survived the horrible ordeal.
former eb resident

Williamsburg, KY

#19 Mar 6, 2012
you can drop items off at the east bernstadt vol. fire department but last I heard they were asking for money only because they ha enough food and water
eb volunteer

United States

#20 Mar 6, 2012
EB fire Dept IS still taking donations of all kinds whether it be money or items!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tims pay lake 4 min Paradise lakes 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min President DonJ Trump 163,525
Ringling Brothers B&B Circus! 32 min Not Anymore 3
levi jackson state park 40 min imo 15
Laurel County Sheriff's Department shoots horse 1 hr Hep 9
Corinna Lashon Mcqueen 3 hr Concerned 1
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 7 hr Josie putty tats 9,417

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages