preacher quits CARMICHAEL

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 39
Next Last
the proudest monkey

London, KY

#12 Jul 12, 2011
Thanks guys...I'd almost forgotten why I didn't like church.
long time ago

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jul 12, 2011
a long time ago, when i visited this church. i thought they were serving the lord. but then i was shocked when jeff got up and preached on clothes and hair.
he was discriminating against women who wear long clothes that cover their nude body. and preaching against women who god condemned for cutting off their hair like a man.
needless to say, he did not win any of those souls over to convert to his ways.
the bible says let each and every one work out their salvation with fear and trembling.
what one thinks is okay, may not be okay with another. our preacher does not preach on hair and clothes, but he preaches on pride and people who think too highly of themselves.
why cant we all get along?
Old time Baptist

Arlington Heights, IL

#14 Jul 12, 2011
long time ago wrote:
a long time ago, when i visited this church. i thought they were serving the lord. but then i was shocked when jeff got up and preached on clothes and hair.
he was discriminating against women who wear long clothes that cover their nude body. and preaching against women who god condemned for cutting off their hair like a man.
needless to say, he did not win any of those souls over to convert to his ways.
the bible says let each and every one work out their salvation with fear and trembling.
what one thinks is okay, may not be okay with another. our preacher does not preach on hair and clothes, but he preaches on pride and people who think too highly of themselves.
why cant we all get along?
He strikes me as the type of person who thinks he is better than everyone else.
I mean it's not like it's a sin to cover up your naked body.
Too much nudity causes people to committ adultery in their hearts, and that is a sin too.
Let's look into the Holy Book and think about God. He is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. He changeth not.
What was sin 50 years ago is still sin today. That's why America has lost a lot of blessings and freedoms. Because they are too lazy to stand up and fight for the ways of God. God will judge the nation who turns from Him and indeed warns that the nation that forgets God will be turned into hell (Psalm 9:17)
We need to get back to the old time way.
When you get ready to die on your death bed, you will not be reaching for your makeup and fancy clothes. http://www.officialstreetpreachers.com/The%20...
What I saw

Flemingsburg, KY

#15 Jul 12, 2011
There were professed Christians there on Sunday with a planned agenda, or should I say, show to put on whose sole intent was to split that church wide open. They should be happy today. God have mercy on their souls.

As long as they're there, I won't be back. Jeff Lewis is a good man and has been my pastor and spiritual mentor for many years.
member at peace

Clarkson, KY

#16 Jul 12, 2011
Member wrote:
I sit here and read the postings above, I was at church Sunday morning when this all went down and I do have to say that things went down that was not good. However the can of worms was opened and the truth came out. The board was told either get rid of Benny Fields or Jeff Lewis goes it led to our shepherd leaving the flock and he said this will be our last service and walked out the door. Was that the christian way to handle it. To tell the board you choose between the two. It was also stated in the service if you can't get alone in church how are you going to make it to heaven. I see problems on both sides.
Sunday nights service was wonderful the spirit of the Lord was in the house, I felt peace right when I walked in the door. It was spoken in tongues and profacite (mispelled) don't put your faith in man but in me. The board has chosen man. Our church has been known as a praise church built on love. The song Jesus built the church on love was sung Sunday morning and I felt it was very appropriate at the time. People who helped make the church what it is today will be leaving, these people have been life long friends to me and my family. The board members should wait upon the Lord instead of acting hastily.
I am a longtime member at Carmichael and thank the Lord that I am finally at peace and have closure with Carmichael. The last year and half as been horrible at Carmichael. Rumors have been flying and tensions have been raging. Messages were preached by Jeff not out of the Bible but his anger and feelings towards the people. He even admitted that when Bennie Fields leaves he will start preaching out of the Bible again. Jeff Lewis and family have hurt a lot of good people over the years. They pick and choose who they want. The ones that leave are not handing them hundreds or letting them use them, jeff says "we don't need them at our church anyway" The back stabbing has been done by the lewis family. The blame cannont be put on one single member or Sunday morning's service. jeff Lewis should be a strong man of God for once and admit the lies and demands he has put on the board and that he has not been in the center of the Lord's will. He has named his retirement age for years and refuses to let the Lord decide that for him. The board should be men enough to admit that if they would have handled all this a year ago and would have quit shoving things under that great big rug, and not lied to cover all the sins that have been done this would not have happened. The best words I have heard during all this is "Who is in the right order...God, Family, Church???" Jeff has always put family, church (his paycheck), then God. The boards definitely put church, family (their beloved heritage), then God. Where does God fit in the picture. Well for me and my family I put God, Family, then church. Because I will not follow man but follow the will of God and that is why I am at peace with leaving Carmichael.
neutral member

Clarkson, KY

#17 Jul 12, 2011
Old time Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>He strikes me as the type of person who thinks he is better than everyone else.
I mean it's not like it's a sin to cover up your naked body.
Too much nudity causes people to committ adultery in their hearts, and that is a sin too.
Let's look into the Holy Book and think about God. He is the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. He changeth not.
What was sin 50 years ago is still sin today. That's why America has lost a lot of blessings and freedoms. Because they are too lazy to stand up and fight for the ways of God. God will judge the nation who turns from Him and indeed warns that the nation that forgets God will be turned into hell (Psalm 9:17)
We need to get back to the old time way.
When you get ready to die on your death bed, you will not be reaching for your makeup and fancy clothes. http://www.officialstreetpreachers.com/The%20...
That is the problem. Jeff Lewis does think he is better than most. He has become too big for Carmichael. People have exhaulted him instead of the Lord. He wants complete control
unbiased member

Clarkson, KY

#18 Jul 12, 2011
Info wrote:
Get rid of jeffs wife
Everyone knows who the problem has been. Renee runs Jeff's ministry. not the lord
DUMMY

Ripley, TN

#19 Jul 12, 2011
If I say that this is my last service in the church then Iget up and leave then come back the next week for service again is this not a LIE?
just sayin

Clarkson, KY

#20 Jul 12, 2011
i reckon he's back!
Info

Winchester, KY

#21 Jul 12, 2011
Jeffs back!
overlook

Somerset, KY

#22 Jul 12, 2011
what wrote:
who's the queen
Everybody knows who the queens are in that church. But they overlook it because of status in the church. Theres about 4 I could name.
please

United States

#23 Jul 12, 2011
Who are the four queens? Please tell us.
singer

United States

#24 Jul 12, 2011
I think Jeff is Great !!!
Anonymous

London, KY

#26 Jul 12, 2011
What I saw wrote:
There were professed Christians there on Sunday with a planned agenda, or should I say, show to put on whose sole intent was to split that church wide open. They should be happy today. God have mercy on their souls.
As long as they're there, I won't be back. Jeff Lewis is a good man and has been my pastor and spiritual mentor for many years.
I agree it was planned, but if it had not happened no one would have ever found out the truth about Jeff and Renee Lewis. Because 3 of the board members would not let the truth come out. The so called spoke person for the board stood right in the pool pit and flat out LIED.. I am fearful for this person, he is walking on dangerous grounds. The whole truth needs to come out and let the church know the entire story not just what Jeff and Renee wants the people to hear. Shame on those board members who would not speak the truth. The splitting of the church is now on your hands, I bet you wish now that you would have handle the whole mess differently and stopped things a long time ago..
Erica

United States

#27 Jul 12, 2011
Now, this proves it!
The devil visits church too.
Shameonyou

London, KY

#28 Jul 12, 2011
Who is on the board at Carmichael?
sickened

East Bernstadt, KY

#29 Jul 12, 2011
Blameless wrote:
<quoted text> I agree it was planned, but if it had not happened no one would have ever found out the truth about Jeff and Renee Lewis. Because 3 of the board members would not let the truth come out. The so called spoke person for the board stood right in the pool pit and flat out LIED.. I am fearful for this person, he is walking on dangerous grounds. The whole truth needs to come out and let the church know the entire story not just what Jeff and Renee wants the people to hear. Shame on those board members who would not speak the truth. The splitting of the church is now on your hands, I bet you wish now that you would have handle the whole mess differently and stopped things a long time ago..
I am heartsick that people think it is ok to slander people on this piece of garbage forum....I have never responded to anything on here until now. Those of you talking about lying and being on dangerous grounds should probably check yourselves. If you think what was done in God's house was ok "or God's will" you are wrong. If you support the kind of premeditated destruction of God's house and people than you are the ones on dangerous ground. If there were problems between the families, that should have been addressed outside of church. Further more, last time I checked there is only one judge and I am pretty sure none of us are it. I pray God's mercy on the people for that horrible attack that looked like a bunch of rabid wolves on Sunday. Someone said this all proves that the devil does visit church....he most definately does but only when the people of that church bring them with them in their hearts. Anger, bitterness, self love....are all ways to see that the devil is in your church. God has a way of pruning the trees so that they may be fruitful again....I
think there may be some pruning going on....
Facefacts

Doniphan, MO

#30 Jul 12, 2011
How was this planned? Yeah I think the kids encouraged others in the class to show their love and support but there is no way the rest could have been planned. Face facts, the board tried to pull a fast one and the congregation was smarter than they thought.
singer

United States

#31 Jul 12, 2011
He would always ask me to sing .I must have been his favorite.
overlook

Somerset, KY

#32 Jul 12, 2011
please wrote:
Who are the four queens? Please tell us.
They are right up in the pulpit sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Emcon Home Guard (Apr '13) 6 min Fedman 17
Fed judge expands investigation into hillary 8 min kate 2
Best criminal lawyer in London ky (Jun '12) 8 min Old but wise 66
snowflakes lose job that demanded new dress code 13 min kate 2
Xerox ABC payment method 58 min Sunshine33 1
NRA sucks (Dec '12) 1 hr Nubley McJerkin 154
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Traveler 148,993

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages