Mass Family Killing In London

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Somerset, KY

#1 Sep 10, 2008
There was a boy that killed his siblings and attempted to kill his parents years ago in London. If anyone remembers this and has information, could you please let me know.

I am looking for the memorial site that the parents had for the children and what it was that they said ailed their son. He killed the siblings and seems like he shot the parents then himself.

Someone told me Rolling Acres and the boys name was Buzzy Greer, but that information brings up nothing in the search engines.
Whatup

United States

#2 Sep 10, 2008
That's absolutely correct. But that is not his real name and I don't remember it. It was a terrible situation and best left alone. All of the parents children died. He was on drugs.
curious

Pikeville, KY

#3 Sep 10, 2008
what year did this happen
Wondering

Somerset, KY

#4 Sep 10, 2008
I was not trying to stir up anything. I was looking for the memorial site that the mother has and the poem she has on the site. There is also another page that has a painting and a stained glass artwork. And I did after all go to school with "Buzzy".

I have now found the info. that I was looking for and what I dont understand after posting is why a person cannot "remove" their post from the site once they have the information they need or have finished their business.

His name is John Michael. And the site his mother has is very inspirational and I wanted to send it to a mother that I know that has just lost her child. The site is more about Buzzy's mother overcoming the grief of the loss of all of her children than it is about the actual occurances.

And I really dont think that Becky would have her story posted online 4 times if she did not want it to be read by people and if she did not feel that it could help others.
hot tamolly

Pikeville, KY

#5 Sep 10, 2008
Wondering wrote:
I was not trying to stir up anything. I was looking for the memorial site that the mother has and the poem she has on the site. There is also another page that has a painting and a stained glass artwork. And I did after all go to school with "Buzzy".
I have now found the info. that I was looking for and what I dont understand after posting is why a person cannot "remove" their post from the site once they have the information they need or have finished their business.
His name is John Michael. And the site his mother has is very inspirational and I wanted to send it to a mother that I know that has just lost her child. The site is more about Buzzy's mother overcoming the grief of the loss of all of her children than it is about the actual occurances.
And I really dont think that Becky would have her story posted online 4 times if she did not want it to be read by people and if she did not feel that it could help others.
I dont think you said anything out of the way, where is the website, I agree, this lady posted the website so people can look at it
curious

London, KY

#6 Sep 10, 2008
I would like to see it to. I went to school with Todd and my sister was in class with Kami, i think. That was a sad, sad situation.
fluffy

London, KY

#7 Sep 10, 2008
Buzzy was a friend of mine. We had No idea he was going through such psychological issues at the time. Shocked us all. Details don't need put on TOPIX. IT'S NOT THE PLACE. hE STILL HAS FAMILY LIVING. THEY NEED TO BE GIVEN RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jun 08

Lexington, KY

#8 Sep 10, 2008
I had never heard of this story until i read this and i have to say i feel so bad for the mother, but i did find this on the internet, its the only thing i could find. Its a very sad thing to read.

http://www.childrenofdome.com/Becky.htm
info

Pikeville, KY

#9 Sep 10, 2008
fluffy wrote:
Buzzy was a friend of mine. We had No idea he was going through such psychological issues at the time. Shocked us all. Details don't need put on TOPIX. IT'S NOT THE PLACE. hE STILL HAS FAMILY LIVING. THEY NEED TO BE GIVEN RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!
no one has said anything bad, and if his mother has it on a website, I dont guess she is trying to hide it
I read it

Pikeville, KY

#10 Sep 10, 2008
OMG!! That was soo sad, but at the same time it was encouraging. I can't image what she must have felt.
I went

Houston, TX

#11 Sep 10, 2008
To school with Todd. He was in the same grade that I was. We were all very close and that's a day I'll never, ever forget. Well, a night I'll never forget. My father came in and told me what had happened right before bed. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well, but he didn't want me going to school without having been told. One of his closest friends actually found out right in front of the lockers in front of me and that's one thing, especially at that age, that you never forget. One of our group's good friends was trying to hook up both Todd and my best friend and she had kept trying to call Todd that night to talk to him about going out with my friend. The line was busy. That's because Buzzy had taken the phone off the hook. Todd had so much promise of playing college, maybe even pro basketball and it's such a nightmare what that family went through. All I know, is that that family had to absolutely have God in their lives because I'm not sure how they made it through not only just losing Todd, Kami and Buzzy but their mother had already lost one other child from other circumstances. Sad doesn't even begin to embrace the way that it shook all of Laurel County when this happened. Buzzy just simply had MAJOR problems in his life and otherwise, I do not believe this would have happened. I didn't know him personally, but I did know Todd. I knew his sweet, cute smile. The way that he LOVED UK basketball. The day of the evening this occurred, he actually had what all of his fellow team mates described as the most unbelievable practice they'd seen him have. One three pointer after another. They even placed his number/jersey on an empty seat for the rest of the season. That kid was amazing, as was Kami. Their parents are stronger than anyone could ever imagine.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 10, 2008
Wondering wrote:
There was a boy that killed his siblings and attempted to kill his parents years ago in London. If anyone remembers this and has information, could you please let me know.
I am looking for the memorial site that the parents had for the children and what it was that they said ailed their son. He killed the siblings and seems like he shot the parents then himself.
Someone told me Rolling Acres and the boys name was Buzzy Greer, but that information brings up nothing in the search engines.
H.R. Dyche on top of the hill, 1st turn after London Funeral Home.. may they rest in peace..
pittsburg lady

Elyria, OH

#13 Sep 10, 2008
what ever happened to buzzy. is in prison or what?
ARE YOU JOKING

Houston, TX

#14 Sep 10, 2008
pittsburg lady wrote:
what ever happened to buzzy. is in prison or what?
I mean, are you serious? Wow, lady!!!!!!!!!! Click on the freaking link, if nothing else and READ! Buzzy is dead. He killed his little brother and sister, shot at and hit his father (who barely made it out of the hospital in time for his own children's funerals), then turned the gun on himself by shooting himself in the head after running off into a ditch right past, just a tad past Meadowbrook Estates off of 363. THERE YOU GO. YOU IDIOTS THAT GET ON HERE AND ASK STUPID [email protected]# LIKE THAT WHEN THERE ARE EVEN LINKS ON HERE TELLING YOU WHERE TO READ ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. WHAT ABOUT PRISON!!!!!!!!!! You are truly an idiot. Can you read!?????????
Manny

Manchester, KY

#15 Sep 10, 2008
I had never heard of this before but i'm not originally from Laurel Co. so thats probably why.
What year? Is he in prison?
Bad Memories

Cynthiana, KY

#17 Sep 10, 2008
He commited suicide in front of Meadowbrook Subdivision (on 363) after a long police chase. Truly one of the two saddest things that happened during my teenage years. I saved the newspapers and I came across them a few months ago, brought chills all over again.
Unbelievable People

Houston, TX

#19 Sep 10, 2008
Manny wrote:
I had never heard of this before but i'm not originally from Laurel Co. so thats probably why.
What year? Is he in prison?
WOW. Seriously. Moron. Illiterate, perhaps? Did you not see the post explaining explicitly what happened? Oh, wait. No. I'm sorry. You knew enough to read and know that he is no longer with us "thats probably why" you didn't know. Then you ask once more if he's in prison. You are sick. All you're wanting to happen is for someone to continue on that he killed those children then shot and killed himself when running away from the scene. There. Ask again you freaking sicko. If you ask, one more time if he is in prison, you should seek help. Why continue to ask such things as that? His family, regardless of the incident would probably rather he be in prison and the other children alive than for you to repeatedly ask if he's still alive which again, is sick.
Manny

Manchester, KY

#21 Sep 10, 2008
Unbelievable People wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW. Seriously. Moron. Illiterate, perhaps? Did you not see the post explaining explicitly what happened? Oh, wait. No. I'm sorry. You knew enough to read and know that he is no longer with us "thats probably why" you didn't know. Then you ask once more if he's in prison. You are sick. All you're wanting to happen is for someone to continue on that he killed those children then shot and killed himself when running away from the scene. There. Ask again you freaking sicko. If you ask, one more time if he is in prison, you should seek help. Why continue to ask such things as that? His family, regardless of the incident would probably rather he be in prison and the other children alive than for you to repeatedly ask if he's still alive which again, is sick.
First of all know-it-all, I have only made one post, asking a simple question. NO one had posted anything about Buzzy killing himself or what had happened to him when I posted so I did not know what had happened to him after he killed his family. A simple question and you get bent out of shape? What is your problem? I have since gone to the websites and now understand what happened and am very sad at what this family went through and still goes through every day. How tragic this story is. Take time to think before you open that BIG mouth of yours and assume everyone is as stupid as you seem to be.Have a nice day.
Mater

London, KY

#22 Sep 10, 2008
I did not know this family.My heart goes out to them.I am very saddened by this.I cannot imagine what the mother went thru and still is.May God bless this family.I believe this mother can help other mothers that has lost a child.Her words inspired me and I was never blessed with children.I have been depressed really bad,so I do understand about her darkness and the tiny little hole getting bigger.Anybody out there that is depressed and going thru something bad they need to read this.My depression was nothing compared to the mothers.
shame on U

Cynthiana, KY

#24 Sep 10, 2008
Unbelievable People wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
London Rotary Park 48 min Observer 14
1930 maple grove road 1 hr Citizen 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Paganbirdkeeper 167,588
Global warming is a big lie 7 hr They faked it 63
Proper Or Not 9 hr Bald rocker head ... 3
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 10 hr hurricane irma 9,557
Poll What element of Zodiac are you? 11 hr DiamondBaby 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages