josephs new rest. downtown
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i did once

Monee, IL

#24 Mar 23, 2012
I went there fries good ,steak sandwich was awful no meat at all what meat I had was tough .
OOTFL

London, KY

#25 Mar 23, 2012
ARe the only open for lunch during the week? I work out of town Mon-Fri. so I haven't had a chance to get over there.
Foodie

London, KY

#26 Mar 24, 2012
Great place to have lunch. Clean, pleasing atmosphere, and great service. Very friendly and appreciative owners.
so far so good

United States

#27 Mar 24, 2012
I haven't went yet because I have 3 small kids. I'm just not sure if they offer kid's meals at a discounted price. I just didn't want to drag them in there and have to pay an arm and a leg for something they might not even like.
Does anyone know if they offer kid's meals?
Ricky

United States

#28 Mar 24, 2012
I'm sure kids would be welcome, but there's limited space and no special kids menu. This is a young business, and the owner has been very smart to keep the menu small and the hours limited. Great place.
Shannon Carpenter

United States

#29 Jun 26, 2012
Chef Joseph Smith owns and operates it. I eat there everytime I'm in town. Awesome food, super nice staff, never had a bad experience.
just went there today

Manchester, KY

#30 Jun 29, 2012
i have read all of the hype on this poster thats why i went and tried it today, this was my take on the place, the food is mediocre, the server acted as if she was afraid to give us anything including napkins, and 1 packet of sugar when asked for. the reuben and fries and a drink that i had was $11.00 i was floored i expected this chef to have a sanwich or fries of some great substance or fry's that were the bomb boy was i disappointed. truth is i have no ax to grind or nothing against these people but it is all hype and not that great and a little pricy for what you get. you can go there at your own risk but ill guarantee youll be disappointed as i was
agree

London, KY

#31 Jun 30, 2012
just went there today wrote:
i have read all of the hype on this poster thats why i went and tried it today, this was my take on the place, the food is mediocre, the server acted as if she was afraid to give us anything including napkins, and 1 packet of sugar when asked for. the reuben and fries and a drink that i had was $11.00 i was floored i expected this chef to have a sanwich or fries of some great substance or fry's that were the bomb boy was i disappointed. truth is i have no ax to grind or nothing against these people but it is all hype and not that great and a little pricy for what you get. you can go there at your own risk but ill guarantee youll be disappointed as i was
I went there today also, got salad trio, agree waitress gave us 2 crackers, how stingy! I won't go back. stinks in there, musky.
percy

Heidrick, KY

#32 Jul 1, 2012
Amazing homemade ice cream!
you know

Knightstown, IN

#33 Jul 1, 2012
Same here...food was interesting service needs a make over. You cant hire dumb young girls that have no idea how to treat customers. Either train them or hire servers that havent spent their lives sitting on the couch playing video games.
out of business

London, KY

#34 Jul 1, 2012
Looks like they put the hometown diner that was next to IGA out of business.
Jimmy

United States

#35 Jul 4, 2012
Calling the servers young and dumb is just wrong. They're young, but they're not dumb in any way. They've always been really sweet to me, and I've found them to be extremely personable to everyone.
foodie

Cynthiana, KY

#36 Jul 7, 2012
just went there today wrote:
I dont understand why you was floored at the price of what you got. Prices are on the menu and all you have to do is add! I have eaten there several times and the food is very good. They are a young business tring to find there way and they will make some mistakes along the way.and on the comment of the servers...well I think they have great servers especially compared to everywhere else in this town..At least there servers are clean and brush there hair. I think their price on there fries is somehthing like 1.75 or something like that and there drinks are less then two dollors..I think most other places fries and drinks are over two dollors. So I dont think you really know what your talking about.
dude

Middlesboro, KY

#37 Aug 16, 2012
Really wrote:
When did it open? Is it still a pool hall atmosphere?
1Question do they serve alcohol beverages
Cincinnati Eddie

Cincinnati, OH

#38 Sep 28, 2012
Joseph is the owner and the chef of this awesome restaurant. Everything is homemade and very fresh. We have had the fried green tomatoes, fried green tomato BLT, dumplings, soup beans, cornbread, and fried pies. Everything was delicious and better than we can make at home. The owner was very friendly and professional and was open to our suggestions and comments, (we didn't have any other than to say how good everything was). If you want to eat like you are at your Grannys and at very fair prices then give this restaurant a try. I can almost guarantee I would be there weekly if I were not in Cincinnati, but when in London will be eating with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 24 min want to know 1,223
We're Back In The News ..... Again. 32 min ___Jenny___ 91
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr So true 142,293
If you need a suit, forget London 4 hr Secretary 20
Political Statement, "You can't rape your wife." 4 hr ___Jenny___ 1
HOW that $15 an hour minimum wage law working out 5 hr Temporary fix 12
Regency Cinema 8 6 hr London 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages