Wal-Mart Shoplifting are they to harsh?

Wal-Mart Shoplifting are they to harsh?

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JustWondering

London, KY

#1 Jun 8, 2008
Don't get me wrong i know shoplifting is wrong, i am not in any way, shape or form saying it is right, but......i do believe that Wal-Mart is to harsh sometimes. I mean I've heard people say that they shouldn't of got took to jail because it was only something small but, my mother went to pick up my fathers medicine, when she went in she picked up two packs of m&m's because they were on sale for 2 for a dollar, then she got his medicine over $100 worth. She paid for the medicine and put it in the cart over the m&m's and left, not knowing she covered them up, and didn't even remember them after paying a fortune for the medicine. They took her to jail even after she tried to explain. A 45yr. women who has never even had a parking ticket. Do you think it's right?
mind sweeper

East Bernstadt, KY

#2 Jun 8, 2008
JustWondering wrote:
Don't get me wrong i know shoplifting is wrong, i am not in any way, shape or form saying it is right, but......i do believe that Wal-Mart is to harsh sometimes. I mean I've heard people say that they shouldn't of got took to jail because it was only something small but, my mother went to pick up my fathers medicine, when she went in she picked up two packs of m&m's because they were on sale for 2 for a dollar, then she got his medicine over $100 worth. She paid for the medicine and put it in the cart over the m&m's and left, not knowing she covered them up, and didn't even remember them after paying a fortune for the medicine. They took her to jail even after she tried to explain. A 45yr. women who has never even had a parking ticket. Do you think it's right?
no!!
Western Laurel Resident

Mount Vernon, KY

#3 Jun 8, 2008
JustWondering wrote:
Don't get me wrong i know shoplifting is wrong, i am not in any way, shape or form saying it is right, but......i do believe that Wal-Mart is to harsh sometimes. I mean I've heard people say that they shouldn't of got took to jail because it was only something small but, my mother went to pick up my fathers medicine, when she went in she picked up two packs of m&m's because they were on sale for 2 for a dollar, then she got his medicine over $100 worth. She paid for the medicine and put it in the cart over the m&m's and left, not knowing she covered them up, and didn't even remember them after paying a fortune for the medicine. They took her to jail even after she tried to explain. A 45yr. women who has never even had a parking ticket. Do you think it's right?
Where did this happen? She forgot to pay for the M&M's?? Hmmm, not good. What else has she "forgot" to pay for?
Ugh I forgot

Cynthiana, KY

#5 Jun 8, 2008
Just because you pay a chunk for medicine doesn't mean you get a bonus prize! No matter what the value it.
Crazy

London, KY

#6 Jun 8, 2008
That is just plain stupid. If she's never been in any kind of trouble before I'm sure she wasn't trying to steal a pack of M&M's. I mean if someone was going to steal something wouldn't it make more sense to steal something worth more than a $1? Western Laurel Resident, I have never stolen anything in my life, and yes I forgot an air freshener in my buggy one day after I just spent about $100 at the store I was shopping at. Before I walked out the door I seen it and I told the cashier I forgot it in the buggy and I did pay her for it. So YES people can forget things sometimes. A bag of M&M's? Yeah right, especially after over $100 worth of medicine. I highly doubt that she was trying to shoplift. Now if she had gotten the medicine and walked out the door and "forgot" to pay for it, yes I would believe that would have been intentional.
StucknredneckHel l

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 8, 2008
JustWondering wrote:
Don't get me wrong i know shoplifting is wrong, i am not in any way, shape or form saying it is right, but......i do believe that Wal-Mart is to harsh sometimes. I mean I've heard people say that they shouldn't of got took to jail because it was only something small but, my mother went to pick up my fathers medicine, when she went in she picked up two packs of m&m's because they were on sale for 2 for a dollar, then she got his medicine over $100 worth. She paid for the medicine and put it in the cart over the m&m's and left, not knowing she covered them up, and didn't even remember them after paying a fortune for the medicine. They took her to jail even after she tried to explain. A 45yr. women who has never even had a parking ticket. Do you think it's right?
She had have a CART to carry her medicine ?
Hahahaha
Are You in Denial ?
Your mom's a thieving rouge !
A two bit 100% shoplifter !
Off with her head !
wiseoner

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Jun 8, 2008
StucknredneckHell wrote:
<quoted text>
She had have a CART to carry her medicine ?
Hahahaha
Are You in Denial ?
Your mom's a thieving rouge !
A two bit 100% shoplifter !
Off with her head !
I imagine she got the cart because she thought she might need it while she waited on the medicine,but why in heavens name didn't she take the medicine out in the bag right at the medicine counter and just carry the small little bag back to her car she didn't need a cart for 100.00 of meds.on the other hand nobody in their right mind would believe she meant to steal 1.00 of candy,that is laughable.my opinion,it was hot.she got the cart thinking she'd pick up a few things while she waited,she was tired and hot,they got the meds finished faster than she thought,since her purse was probably heavy,she got the money out with it still in the cart[the purse,my purse is so heavy .i know about that.i counted my change and it was over 10.00 worth,took it out it ain't so bad anymore,but that's my 10 cents worth.
June

Jackson, KY

#9 Jun 8, 2008
JustWondering wrote:
Don't get me wrong i know shoplifting is wrong, i am not in any way, shape or form saying it is right, but......i do believe that Wal-Mart is to harsh sometimes. I mean I've heard people say that they shouldn't of got took to jail because it was only something small but, my mother went to pick up my fathers medicine, when she went in she picked up two packs of m&m's because they were on sale for 2 for a dollar, then she got his medicine over $100 worth. She paid for the medicine and put it in the cart over the m&m's and left, not knowing she covered them up, and didn't even remember them after paying a fortune for the medicine. They took her to jail even after she tried to explain. A 45yr. women who has never even had a parking ticket. Do you think it's right?
When i read the subject, I thought no, but after reading your comment, i have to agree with you, I hope your mother presses some kind of xharges on them. I would call 1-800-WALMART to (for what ever good it does)
real truth

East Bernstadt, KY

#10 Jun 9, 2008
JustWondering wrote:
Don't get me wrong i know shoplifting is wrong, i am not in any way, shape or form saying it is right, but......i do believe that Wal-Mart is to harsh sometimes. I mean I've heard people say that they shouldn't of got took to jail because it was only something small but, my mother went to pick up my fathers medicine, when she went in she picked up two packs of m&m's because they were on sale for 2 for a dollar, then she got his medicine over $100 worth. She paid for the medicine and put it in the cart over the m&m's and left, not knowing she covered them up, and didn't even remember them after paying a fortune for the medicine. They took her to jail even after she tried to explain. A 45yr. women who has never even had a parking ticket. Do you think it's right?
they is two sides to every story i bet you rightnow she had more than 1 dollar candy i work for wal mart you will not get me to believe this story
because it is wal mart policy you have to have over a certain amount before they call the police thank you very much
liz

London, KY

#12 Jun 9, 2008
I have a hard time believing "mom" was arrested for shoplifting one dollars worth of m&m's. It may sound hard to believe, but sometimes people bend the facts in there favor. Shocking I know. I remember a friend getting arrested for a broken tail light (or someting like that). Now that sounds harsh, until you find out that when he was pulled over there were open containers in the vehicle and he smelled like booze. Maybe mom is not giving you the full pic. Wal-mart did not get to be a mega company by being stupid.
real truth

East Bernstadt, KY

#13 Jun 9, 2008
Stalker wrote:
Is your mom a darkie?
what kind of stupid question is that this isn't about darkie or lightie you are just plan stupid

Since: Jan 08

Corbin, KY

#14 Jun 9, 2008
Many of you say you find it hard to believe that she would pay $100 for meds and then steal $1 worth of candy. I don't. If a person is a cleptomaniac they don't care what the value of the item is, they just get the thrill from stealing it. I mean think about it, if all she had was meds and candy, she would likely have left the buggy either in the store or at least in the entrance where she would have discovered the candy. I seriously doubt that anyone would roll the buggy to the car with only those items. And as for paying $100 then stealing $1, you can't steal the meds they have to be paid for before you can leave the area. Now I'm not saying that she did steal it, but I find it hard to believe that Wal-Mart would arrest you for $1 worth of candy. I think there must be more to it than that.
Sicko

London, KY

#16 Jun 9, 2008
Laurel Co Girl wrote:
Many of you say you find it hard to believe that she would pay $100 for meds and then steal $1 worth of candy. I don't. If a person is a cleptomaniac they don't care what the value of the item is, they just get the thrill from stealing it. I mean think about it, if all she had was meds and candy, she would likely have left the buggy either in the store or at least in the entrance where she would have discovered the candy. I seriously doubt that anyone would roll the buggy to the car with only those items. And as for paying $100 then stealing $1, you can't steal the meds they have to be paid for before you can leave the area. Now I'm not saying that she did steal it, but I find it hard to believe that Wal-Mart would arrest you for $1 worth of candy. I think there must be more to it than that.
WRONG! I have went in Wal-Mart plenty of times and picked up prescriptions and they let me take them on with me and pay for them at the front of the store. No one said her mom was a cleptomaniac. There you go putting things the way you want them. She could have forgotten the M&M's. Very possible she had them in the buggy, purchased the medicine and laid the prescription bag on the of the candy. Walked around in there for a few minutes looking around and then forgot them. Anyone can make an honest mistake. Everyone is not perfect like some think they are!!
Sicko

London, KY

#17 Jun 9, 2008
By the way Laurel Co. Girl, I find it hard to believe someone hacked into your computer and put things on topix under your name. You had to do all that stuff.
Mel1946

Cynthiana, KY

#18 Jun 9, 2008
Are you for sure that she paid for the medication. Was the m&m's a way to cover up the crime of stealing medication. Get the facts straight. It's all on camera at the Wal-mart. Maybe the mananger saw something that you didn't.
jimmyjoe

United States

#19 Jun 9, 2008
JustWondering wrote:
Don't get me wrong i know shoplifting is wrong, i am not in any way, shape or form saying it is right, but......i do believe that Wal-Mart is to harsh sometimes. I mean I've heard people say that they shouldn't of got took to jail because it was only something small but, my mother went to pick up my fathers medicine, when she went in she picked up two packs of m&m's because they were on sale for 2 for a dollar, then she got his medicine over $100 worth. She paid for the medicine and put it in the cart over the m&m's and left, not knowing she covered them up, and didn't even remember them after paying a fortune for the medicine. They took her to jail even after she tried to explain. A 45yr. women who has never even had a parking ticket. Do you think it's right?
no, if it happened the way you said it did then it should be called an honest mistake.
jimmyjoe

United States

#20 Jun 9, 2008
real truth wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of stupid question is that this isn't about darkie or lightie you are just plan stupid
your reply was just as bad. You should have said the issue of darkie or light is an ignorant statement made from an individual that assumes guilt on someone without knowing the facts or circumstances of the situation.

Since: Jan 08

Corbin, KY

#21 Jun 9, 2008
Ok #1 I was taling in general terms about people who steal and I clearly stated that I was not saying that she did steal the candy.

#2 I have NEVER said anyone hacked into my computer. That was only claimed by the person who continually harasses me and many others on here. Each and every post on here that is under the ID of "Laurel Co Girl" is mine. I have absolutely nothing to hide about my posts. I freely admit to each and every one of them. However, if they are not under my registered ID, I DID NOT POST THEM.
The harasser called IT had me removed for part of a day because I got angry at it and responded with words I should not have used. I did e-mail topix and demand to know why I was removed when this person who harasses everybody was not and I was reinstated. At no time did I ever claim someone hacked into my computer. That is a total complete lie.
Sicko wrote:
By the way Laurel Co. Girl, I find it hard to believe someone hacked into your computer and put things on topix under your name. You had to do all that stuff.
wiser

Hopkinsville, KY

#22 Jun 9, 2008
Laurel Co Girl wrote:
Many of you say you find it hard to believe that she would pay $100 for meds and then steal $1 worth of candy. I don't. If a person is a cleptomaniac they don't care what the value of the item is, they just get the thrill from stealing it. I mean think about it, if all she had was meds and candy, she would likely have left the buggy either in the store or at least in the entrance where she would have discovered the candy. I seriously doubt that anyone would roll the buggy to the car with only those items. And as for paying $100 then stealing $1, you can't steal the meds they have to be paid for before you can leave the area. Now I'm not saying that she did steal it, but I find it hard to believe that Wal-Mart would arrest you for $1 worth of candy. I think there must be more to it than that.
You would be correct if she was a klepto,but she didn't get to be 45 and everyone she knows including the daughter would know if she was a klepto,walmart has a zero percent tolorance rate,for shoplifting,what in the [email protected]@l do you people think that means?no it won't be a felony,but even 5 cents is shoplifting and walmart makes an example out of everyone,big or small,I believe it for the simple reason it is too easy to check.it will be in the arrest report,the daughter knows whether it's true or not,but she shouldn't have thought that the people on here would believe her,they all are ready to believe the worst in anyone.

Since: Jan 08

Corbin, KY

#23 Jun 9, 2008
Well you could be right. I will wait and check the arrest reports in the paper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min another viewer 168,764
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 2 hr Truth 9,570
News Laurel County Sees Increase In Panhandling 3 hr thomas j 10
seeking certain adult encounters on my bucket list 4 hr Black Spectre 1
Seeking Adult Fun - Places & People 8 hr Peep show 7
Brian chestnut 9 hr H-O-E 6
TRAILER FOR RENT in CORBIN (LAUREL CO) (Oct '09) 13 hr Steph 81

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages