Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
84,201 - 84,220 of 130,329 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Society is doomed.”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

How about no...
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Now how can you say Atheism is failing when the number of Atheist in America went from 8 million to 80 million in the past 20 years? That shows what the ability to read can do!
Living cell: A single living cell is sometimes referred to as being a “simple” form of life. But a one-celled animal can catch food, digest it, get rid of wastes, build a house for itself and engage in sexual activity. Each cell of the human body has been likened to a walled city, with a central government to maintain order, a power plant to generate energy, factories to produce proteins, a complex transportation system, and guards to regulate what is permitted to enter. And a single human body is made up of as many as 100 trillion cells. How appropriate the words of Psalm 104:24:“How many your works are, O Jehovah! All of them in wisdom you have made”!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Living cell: A single living cell is sometimes referred to as being a “simple” form of life. But a one-celled animal can catch food, digest it, get rid of wastes, build a house for itself and engage in sexual activity. Each cell of the human body has been likened to a walled city, with a central government to maintain order, a power plant to generate energy, factories to produce proteins, a complex transportation system, and guards to regulate what is permitted to enter. And a single human body is made up of as many as 100 trillion cells. How appropriate the words of Psalm 104:24:“How many your works are, O Jehovah! All of them in wisdom you have made”!
And for each Human Cell in the body there are from 2 to 10 Individual Plants & Animals in that body... So Since there are more bugs in the human body than Human Cells in the human body, and the Human body would die with hours without all those animals living in it means They are in Charge of You....
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Some find my constructs intriguing, and some have said I'm brilliant.. Opinions Vary ... Even had one noted fellow tell me that he knows my postulate must be wrong but for the life of him he could not figure out how to debunk it...
I'll tell you what, construct us some form of alternative energy and we'll all be intrigued. The postulate is just ink on paper. A clever riddle, maybe. Thinking for the sake of thought. Science fiction. A penrose staircase of scientific terminology. It's like my in-law who makes reference to her 152 IQ all the time. Good for you. Now, show us what you can do with it.

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what, construct us some form of alternative energy and we'll all be intrigued. The postulate is just ink on paper. A clever riddle, maybe. Thinking for the sake of thought. Science fiction. A penrose staircase of scientific terminology. It's like my in-law who makes reference to her 152 IQ all the time. Good for you. Now, show us what you can do with it.
If it wasn`t for the "thinkers" we would still be living in the dark ages.

In the fifties and sixties microwaves were science fiction....

Since: Sep 12

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Free online Games
Here provide all categories of games. Such as for children’s, younger’s, and elders

-Anands

Expressmeds247

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Send me some money and I'll be glad to draw you up plans to take you off the grid... I'll put you together a parts list with transfer switch gear, inverters and all the stuff to make you Green as a Pine tree... Just drop 4 grand in my paypal account and give me a week or so and I'll set ya right up... Quantummist@Yahoo.com on paypal ... I'll wait...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasn`t for the "thinkers" we would still be living in the dark ages.
He has no idea... I was designing, building and servicing things he has never conceived of probably since before he was born...

Have you noticed the ones that take such offense to rational, logical conversations and ideas are the ones that post annon and most the time mask their IP's ... That's because they generally have done little in their live to have pride in and don't want anyone to know that their Success is flipping two burgers at the same time.....

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And for each Human Cell in the body there are from 2 to 10 Individual Plants & Animals in that body... So Since there are more bugs in the human body than Human Cells in the human body, and the Human body would die with hours without all those animals living in it means They are in Charge of You....
Yeah, this idea fascinates me. The intestines of human beings are colonies of bacteria without which we would perish. We have germs all over us, all in us. The mitochondria was probably once a separate creature that essentially got absorbed.

So it's almost like Zeno's Paradox. Where do we end and they begin? Or can we even use that kind of language and be accurate?

Imagine a future in which we can replace virtually any body part, internal or external. A person could replace his nose with a more pleasing one. Then maybe he needs a new heart. Then he starts to replace bits of his brain with more efficient ones. When something gives him trouble or wears out he just has a new one put in.

Keep doing that for decades. He is essentially immortal since there is no part of himself that cannot be replaced. But at what point is the original man gone and a totally new man in his place? If the replacing of parts is very slow and gradual, taking maybe a hundred years...can you draw a line that clearly shows where the guy changes into a new guy?

I don't think so.

This is pretty much why Creationism is stupid too. If a mutation can happen during reproduction and the offspring survive and this happens over and over again over time...where can you draw a line between "micro" and "macro" evolution?

The answer is you cannot. It's all just evolution. Micro and macro are terms the Creationists like to use because they cannot ignore the fact that changes within species do occur.

But that's another tangent.
Imposter in office

Logan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasn`t for the "thinkers" we would still be living in the dark ages.
zombie citizens were science fiction back then too!!!
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>Living cell: A single living cell is sometimes referred to as being a “simple” form of life. But a one-celled animal can catch food, digest it, get rid of wastes, build a house for itself and engage in sexual activity. Each cell of the human body has been likened to a walled city, with a central government to maintain order, a power plant to generate energy, factories to produce proteins, a complex transportation system, and guards to regulate what is permitted to enter. And a single human body is made up of as many as 100 trillion cells. How appropriate the words of Psalm 104:24:“How many your works are, O Jehovah! All of them in wisdom you have made”!
Nice... Well said
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>And for each Human Cell in the body there are from 2 to 10 Individual Plants & Animals in that body... So Since there are more bugs in the human body than Human Cells in the human body, and the Human body would die with hours without all those animals living in it means They are in Charge of You....
Hence comes dependency... Life depends on other life it could not survive without it... Yet another big problem of T.O.E...
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, this idea fascinates me. The intestines of human beings are colonies of bacteria without which we would perish. We have germs all over us, all in us. The mitochondria was probably once a separate creature that essentially got absorbed.

So it's almost like Zeno's Paradox. Where do we end and they begin? Or can we even use that kind of language and be accurate?

Imagine a future in which we can replace virtually any body part, internal or external. A person could replace his nose with a more pleasing one. Then maybe he needs a new heart. Then he starts to replace bits of his brain with more efficient ones. When something gives him trouble or wears out he just has a new one put in.

Keep doing that for decades. He is essentially immortal since there is no part of himself that cannot be replaced. But at what point is the original man gone and a totally new man in his place? If the replacing of parts is very slow and gradual, taking maybe a hundred years...can you draw a line that clearly shows where the guy changes into a new guy?

I don't think so.

This is pretty much why Creationism is stupid too. If a mutation can happen during reproduction and the offspring survive and this happens over and over again over time...where can you draw a line between "micro" and "macro" evolution?

The answer is you cannot. It's all just evolution. Micro and macro are terms the Creationists like to use because they cannot ignore the fact that changes within species do occur.

But that's another tangent.
To say complex systems of life just arose out of chemical soup is what makes evolutionist stupid... Ignoring scientific laws to support their dogmatic views is the norm... No knowing the difference between a mutation and an all out change is something they cannot comprehend... Has any species ever been proven to change into something other than what is was? Nope...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence comes dependency... Life depends on other life it could not survive without it... Yet another big problem of T.O.E...
Not a issue of T.O.E. in the slightest... T.O.E is an overall theory of Unification of Forces to present a interconnected line from the first particle in the Universe to All the Observed Universe and Life is but a blip along that line... You do know that there are Living Organisms thriving in the hot radioactive cooling waters of Nuclear Power Plants right... Living organisms thriving in battery acid in your car battery and sulfuric acid hot springs... There are living organisms thriving under the ice of the poles at 60 below... There are living organisms thriving inside rocks in Death Valley... There are living organisms thriving in the sky just below the Ozone layer... Many of which thrive on chemo or photo synthesis without need for any other living organisms.....

But Even if I were to follow your mind set, which I don't, then you are disputing Creationism as the story goes that life was formed from non living dirt and magically life was breathed into the mud ball....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
To say complex systems of life just arose out of chemical soup is what makes evolutionist stupid... Ignoring scientific laws to support their dogmatic views is the norm... No knowing the difference between a mutation and an all out change is something they cannot comprehend... Has any species ever been proven to change into something other than what is was? Nope...
That's of course Idiotic ... First Evolution states it's a Theory and the reason is that evidence is over a time frame longer than the Human species has existed... You can claim the theory ignores scientific laws but that does not make it so... Please provide the Scientific Law you think the Theory breaks and then maybe it can be explained why what you or some other creationist think is a scientific law it not such or how it is not understood in the first place...

We can consider the dinosaur... there is Massive Evidence that one or more lines are still here today and flying around all over the place... Enough Evidence that to most rational people it is considered proven... Rational people can see a Wolf and then a Chihuahua and figure out that such change in a fairly geologically short period of time would lead to something so differentiated in say a few short million years that they would be very difficult to link... Rational people understand that every year new viruses pop up as new species from mutations and can logically relate that to larger more complex organisms...

But with all the evidence, and there are Millions of individual pieces of such, the Irrational, Illogical folks will ignore all evidence in order to claim Magic as truth...
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Not a issue of T.O.E. in the slightest... T.O.E is an overall theory of Unification of Forces to present a interconnected line from the first particle in the Universe to All the Observed Universe and Life is but a blip along that line... You do know that there are Living Organisms thriving in the hot radioactive cooling waters of Nuclear Power Plants right... Living organisms thriving in battery acid in your car battery and sulfuric acid hot springs... There are living organisms thriving under the ice of the poles at 60 below... There are living organisms thriving inside rocks in Death Valley... There are living organisms thriving in the sky just below the Ozone layer... Many of which thrive on chemo or photo synthesis without need for any other living organisms.....

But Even if I were to follow your mind set, which I don't, then you are disputing Creationism as the story goes that life was formed from non living dirt and magically life was breathed into the mud ball....
To go with the evolutionist mind set which only accepts scientific proof is to say life spontaneously created itself... Oh wait a second... Science doesn't say that at all... That would require magic!! My bad just shut your eyes and chant "It was all just here!" over and over again... Yes life is everywhere and very dependent on a complex system that scientifically could not have just sprang from nothing... Much less evolved the way that is being presented ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
To go with the evolutionist mind set which only accepts scientific proof is to say life spontaneously created itself... Oh wait a second... Science doesn't say that at all... That would require magic!! My bad just shut your eyes and chant "It was all just here!" over and over again... Yes life is everywhere and very dependent on a complex system that scientifically could not have just sprang from nothing... Much less evolved the way that is being presented ...
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

All that reply is evidence of is that you have No Idea what a Proof is in science... Or have the slightest idea of how science works or the method there of... Another quote that fits is...

Scientifically complex life can spring forth from less complex forms, less complex forms can, given time, spring forth from subsets of organic molecules, subset organic molecules can spring up from individual simpler molecules, simpler molecules can spring up from individual interactions of complex atoms, complex atoms can spring up from less complex atoms, less complex atoms can spring up from interactions of individual particles and em waves, individual particles and EM wave can be converted from Energy.... And vice versa....
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>That's of course Idiotic ... First Evolution states it's a Theory and the reason is that evidence is over a time frame longer than the Human species has existed... You can claim the theory ignores scientific laws but that does not make it so... Please provide the Scientific Law you think the Theory breaks and then maybe it can be explained why what you or some other creationist think is a scientific law it not such or how it is not understood in the first place...

We can consider the dinosaur... there is Massive Evidence that one or more lines are still here today and flying around all over the place... Enough Evidence that to most rational people it is considered proven... Rational people can see a Wolf and then a Chihuahua and figure out that such change in a fairly geologically short period of time would lead to something so differentiated in say a few short million years that they would be very difficult to link... Rational people understand that every year new viruses pop up as new species from mutations and can logically relate that to larger more complex organisms...

But with all the evidence, and there are Millions of individual pieces of such, the Irrational, Illogical folks will ignore all evidence in order to claim Magic as truth...
Rational people would look at the evidence... Not wild speculation... If evolution held true and our ancestors were indeed apes then us humans have not evolved for the better... What intelligence told our feet to evolve the way they have?... Why did we loose hair and depend on animal fur to survive?... For that matter why should we even need to eat?... By now shouldn't we all be green and soak all we need from the sun?... Lol... What intellect told animals to develop wings?... How many millions of years did these land dwelling creatures have to carry those stubs on their sides before taking off?... I'd love to see one of those fossils...
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

All that reply is evidence of is that you have No Idea what a Proof is in science... Or have the slightest idea of how science works or the method there of... Another quote that fits is...

Scientifically complex life can spring forth from less complex forms, less complex forms can, given time, spring forth from subsets of organic molecules, subset organic molecules can spring up from individual simpler molecules, simpler molecules can spring up from individual interactions of complex atoms, complex atoms can spring up from less complex atoms, less complex atoms can spring up from interactions of individual particles and em waves, individual particles and EM wave can be converted from Energy.... And vice versa....
Talk about hogwash... You should have ran for office!!
defender

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

At what point do these organic molecules form intelligence to mutate for the benefit of survival?.... Why do they reproduce in the first place Einstein?... Reproduction is a system that requires a pre design... What magic told the spontaneous first cell to reproduce?... Why would it need to?...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Dale 150,402
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 18 min Tollesboro Guy 81,590
Laurel County Jail 1 hr true 27
Mitch McConnell 3 time loser 1 hr told you so 7
You mad, teetotaler? 1 hr Tiger Woods 10
Animal Shelter 1 hr annie oakley 1
Ferguson riots in Missouri ? 1 hr gosh 55
Nissan Commercial, Truck Saves Plane Is Fake (Jan '12) Aug 20 Pointless Arguments 18

Search the London Forum:
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••