Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149742 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

sneaking one in_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81506 Jun 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
One you Believe in, the other you don't......
Give that man a cigar.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#81507 Jun 26, 2012
sneaking one in_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
Give that man a cigar.
Hand wrapped Illusione Epernay Le Taureau will do nicely....

Somerset, KY

#81508 Jun 26, 2012
sneaking one in_ss wrote:
<quoted text>
Give that man a cigar.
And not from the Clinton collection if you please, they smell like fish....
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#81509 Jun 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Geezzzz... This is the same thing that happens when Believers pass around biblical texts and I can't allow such rewriting of sacred texts...
"So You Say, But Cannot Demonstrate" Q,1:4
Q,1:1 is "I Never Believe, I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know. To Believe is to form a Religion"
Now pass the plate....
Here Here!! Round of applause! Standing ovation! Where's that plate @????

Somerset, KY

#81510 Jun 26, 2012
Lordy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Here!! Round of applause! Standing ovation! Where's that plate @????
This is the age of technology... The plate these days is a PayPal account...

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81511 Jun 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And not from the Clinton collection if you please, they smell like fish....
DNA analysis was done on the cigars, Q. It's not fish.

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#81512 Jun 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Or tobacco.

Somerset, KY

#81513 Jun 26, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say it was, Only that the aroma was more akin to sardine than a well aged baccer leaf....

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81514 Jun 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say it was, Only that the aroma was more akin to sardine than a well aged baccer leaf....
Aka Sherlock Holmes.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81515 Jun 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Geezzzz... This is the same thing that happens when Believers pass around biblical texts and I can't allow such rewriting of sacred texts...
"So You Say, But Cannot Demonstrate" Q,1:4
Q,1:1 is "I Never Believe, I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know. To Believe is to form a Religion"
Now pass the plate....
Training video

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81516 Jun 26, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Or tobacco.
Clinton said he didn't inhale. Guess it must have been edible.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81517 Jun 26, 2012
first I want to report that I tried to find out about early election returns, and got a notice about possible malicious addons. wonder what that is all about?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81518 Jun 26, 2012
Laquisha Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. You seem to get me and what Im about. Im no fool but I do have my faults. Im no saint but I love Jesus. Im no English teacher but I got no problem makeing myself clear. I work hard to have some nice things and don't mess with hard drugs. It all makes sense to me and I know God loves me. I may have been brain washed but I have lots of street creds.
I try to be fair to the believers who are not extremely nasty to those they disagree with. and I am hostile to the skeptics who are nasty and highhanded. I probably disagree with you on many things. But I count myself lucky to have had a wonderful education, and I know other people are not so lucky. If you had been nasty to others, or if you had been snide about the way someone else commented, then one could retaliate by criticizing you - but the real criticism should be about whether someone is nasty or not. and I do not think you really want to be one of the ones who just come here to insult people. so you should not be a target of insults either. there are nice people whom I disagree with. it is a mistake to make an enemy by being mean before the other guy is!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81519 Jun 26, 2012
Jamie Lynns Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do think highly of yourself. Guess someone has to! As for me, I think you're an ugly evil, hateful b!tch! And you smell like poo! So there!
That was to someone who is apparantly a woman, and I will not let you get by with it, even if I disagree with her. Were you retaliating against her for something she wrote that was mean to you or to one of your friends on here? or are you on here just to look for someone to insult. your rough obscene language makes you a worse person than she seems to be.

If you disagree with her on something, and have the brains to explain your views, try that. there are smart people on here who do not like to waste time with idiots who are here only to write nasty things to others for the "fun" of being mean.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81520 Jun 26, 2012
Laquisha Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I got no problem with you being a drag queen but you got some kind of problem like no self respect. Look at you. You need to think more highly of your tranny self. God loves even you and me and every one else he created. Were all his children. Get over it girl. Love not hate.
you made a mistake in lowering yourself to the level of that nasty person. this is not a place for lowclass women to indulge in a obscenity and insult contest. If you want to play here with the smart people, ignore the nasty dumb ones who insult you, or reply to them in a hightoned way and not on their level. once people start out as low as you two are, and things get worse, the rest of us will get disgusted with both of you.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81521 Jun 26, 2012
Jamie Lynns Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nuttin''bout self-respect, b!tch! So: Shut your ugly face! Pull up your stained panties! And go the hell home where there's some penicillin waiting for you! You're so nasty.
she should not have lowered herself to replying to you at all, and certainly not on an insult for insult level. The rest of us should take care of you for her.

GET THE HELL OFF OUR DECENT FORUM! iF YOU DO NOT, no one will reply to you without telling you what trash you are. and some folks will report you to topix. you are scum, and do not belong here. there are actually some places on topix where scum like you are welcome. go find them. this place has good people on it, and you will never belong among good people.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81522 Jun 26, 2012
Laquisha Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I got no problem with you being a drag queen but you got some kind of problem like no self respect. Look at you. You need to think more highly of your tranny self. God loves even you and me and every one else he created. Were all his children. Get over it girl. Love not hate.
Now, I told her to go away,.. but if you do not behave yourself decently, I will tell you to go away or face our condemnation also. You can have your nutty ideas about religion and argue with folks here, if you wish, but do not drag us down to a level of disgusting trashy conversation - NOT EVEN BY REPLYING TO SOMEONE DISGUSTING WITH SIMILAR INSULTS. We will take care of your nasty attacker if you will be decent yourself. If you are not decent yourself, then what sort of socalled Christian are you. It is not street smarts to be a street fighter with scum like that. Ignore that person. or both of you get off our decent thread.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81523 Jun 26, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which translates as: anyone who disagrees with your world view and personal interpretation of salvation is a "tard".
At some point,*you* decided to redefine what the word means, and what condition it describes.
You blithely use the term freely and often to demean others, and while doing so you insult and abuse those who have clinical mental disabilities.
A story I learned in Bible school -
During battle, a boy soldier in Alexander's army turned and ran in terror. He was caught and brought before Alexander himself.
The general looked at the boy and asked,"what is your name?"
"Alexander." The boy stuttered.
The great leader paused for a moment, then said,
"Change your name or change your ways."
that was to yaa, I think. at least he is helpful to those of us who want to see the worst side of socalled Christianity presented, so it looks as horrid as it so often is. I actually do want that to happen. But I also wish someone would come forward with something decent that is endorsed by Christians, to give a little balance - say about 9 to one evil to good.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81524 Jun 26, 2012
explain wrote:
may others be good to you and may you be even better to yourself!
thanks I needed that. does that mean it was Ok to go to the bakery every day when I found it in another town, and do not plan to go back there again til August? I will try to be good by eating fewer sweets and drinking more water and less soda while I am back home. it is going to be very hot, and we will need lots of water. what do you think about global warming?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#81525 Jun 26, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
For me it means, Turn from sin or burn in hell.
do you believe that this is true? do you believe that there is a hell in afterlife and that it is a place where people burn and suffer? does the spirit burn, or would it be bodies that burned, if so?

also, I thought many Christians believe that if a person sins, and then says he loves Jesus as his Saviour and thinks that Jesus was the only begotten Son of God sent to earth as a blood sacrifice to die for his sins, then he gets saved, even if is has been and still is a sinner - and still sins - as long as he keeps believing that stuff.

what is your opinion about that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Smallwood 2 36 min I care 42
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 59 min In the club 9,258
Democratic National Convention 1 hr Nonlib 22
DNC refuse to fly American flag 1 hr jimmy 8
aisin (Dec '12) 6 hr Sloan 7
Bluegrass sanitation 6 hr Richard 1
Why Islam loves their goats 7 hr Nonlib 7

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance