thinking

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

Isn't that the next town over from Pigskin?

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

This thread got me looking at odd or funny city names in Kentucky. Here's some I found. And yes, these are all real towns .....

Bugtussle
Possum Trot
Monkey's Eyebrow
Barefoot
Penile
Tyewhoppety
Bear Wallow
Shoulderblade
Black Snake
Raccoon
Bug
Cut Shin
Dwarf
Top Most
Black Gnat
Hippo
Krypton
Relief
Mexico
Stop
Mud Lick
Oddville
Democrat
Ordinary
Pig
Thousandsticks
Fearsville

There’s another one but I think it’s kinda cool ..... Mystic, Ky.

Anyone know any more?
SKULCRSHERTAYNA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2009

yea.....CHICKENSH1t COWARD AIDS INFECTED B!tCH...THATS YOUR TOWN B!tCH,NOW GO OFF AND DIE CHICKENSH!t
Seeker

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Beefhide Creek, Pike County, KY

Beefhide Creek rises in Letcher County, KY near the city of Jenkins and flows in a generally northerly direction into Pike County KY for approximately five miles. It cuts through a narrow valley on the western side of the Appalachian Mountains beginning at approximately 1,400 MSL and loses about 500 feet in altitude in its descent to the point Beefhide Creek flows into Shelby Creek at Myra.(37.29 N and 82.61 W)

It is likely that the creek was given that name by early surveyors who observed a beef hide hanging on a barn at the mouth and gave the identity to Beefhide Creek.

The creek is populated through most of its length by scattered hillside farms and mobile home situated on the sides of the hills. Most of the hillsides are heavily forested and covered with under brush except areas which have been strip mined or clear-cut by loggers. Beefhide creek is subject to flash flooding during heavy rains. The area is the location of several coal mines which provide work and fuels the economy of the region.

During the 1990’s, the main highways US 23 and US 119 through the area was reconstructed and much of Beefhide Creek was taken. Several hundred people were relocated from the area to make room for the new road and the course of the creek was changed in some places.
One old time resident of Beefhide once remarked,“No one of any significance ever came from Beefhide. Nothing of any importance ever happened on Beefhide.”

However, this may not be exactly true. Many truly beautiful ladies
are from Beefhide, but one Beefhide girl may have been the ugliest
woman in the world. Even so, she was married at a young age to
an older man who actually worked from time to time. Additionally, the ugly woman was stolen away by another man a few years later.

A local preacher at a funeral of a Beefhide man announced an
astounding event. It seems that not only had the recently deceased gone to heaven, but that his horse had also been lifted up and at that very time he could see the man riding the animal through the Promised Land.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••