Gage

London, KY

#1 Jan 11, 2012
what doctor that takes medicare will prescribe adipex?
no way

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2012
No dr. Will give u adipex & bill medicare. That is not covered by any insurance co!
Gage

London, KY

#3 Jan 11, 2012
Sorry but you are bad wrong!! You can go to a family dr and get them I just cant remember what the dr's name is that my friend use to go to so I was wondering if anyone knew. And Medicaid does pay for the pills as well
know

London, KY

#4 Jan 11, 2012
I know one but I don't think they take medicaid. I do know that the Dr. across from McDonald's only charges $75 and that's for the visit and the adipex. You do there are safer meds you can go on to lose weight right??
married

London, KY

#5 Jan 11, 2012
What r the safe meds that work?
know

London, KY

#8 Jan 11, 2012
Diethylpropion, Orlistat which is alli, I don't know too much about so you would need to google them and talk to your doctor about them. Metformin will help but I don't think they will let you have it unless you have diabetes. Topamax is really good, it is used for migraines, seizures but the dose is way higher than what you would be on, to help people stop drinking, it can be used as a mood stabilizer, and for weight loss, it can be a wonderful drug if used right. I've lost over 30 lbs on it and know people who have lost 80+ on it. You start out at 25 mg and go up it does have some side effects but I only noticed them when they changed my dose and within a week to maybe 2 weeks at the most the side effects would disappear. Just google topamax for weight loss and there are all kinds of forums and websites about it, they will list the side effects and it will talk about how it has helped some people.
My other post didn't show up but I know my luck now both will show up.
married

London, KY

#9 Jan 11, 2012
Congratulations for your weight loss!!! I really need to get on track to lose weight. Are doctors ok prescribing topomax for weight loss? Does if give you energy like adipex? Exactly how does topomax curb your appetite?
wrong again

Englewood, CO

#10 Jan 12, 2012
Gage wrote:
Sorry but you are bad wrong!! You can go to a family dr and get them I just cant remember what the dr's name is that my friend use to go to so I was wondering if anyone knew. And Medicaid does pay for the pills as well
I work in a doctors office and no insurance will pay for your adipex. They will how ever pay for your office visit, but when you go to the pharmacy they do not bill your insurance for the medicine. You can call any pharmacy and they will tell you that weightloss medicine is not cover by any insurance company if you dont believe me. But there are several doctors that do have a weightloss program, but they will only give you adipex if you show that you are able to loose the weight and control your eating before hand. You can however go the the doctors across from McDonalds on 192 and they only have a weight requirement. Best of luck to you with your search.
Gage

London, KY

#11 Jan 12, 2012
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
I work in a doctors office and no insurance will pay for your adipex. They will how ever pay for your office visit, but when you go to the pharmacy they do not bill your insurance for the medicine. You can call any pharmacy and they will tell you that weightloss medicine is not cover by any insurance company if you dont believe me. But there are several doctors that do have a weightloss program, but they will only give you adipex if you show that you are able to loose the weight and control your eating before hand. You can however go the the doctors across from McDonalds on 192 and they only have a weight requirement. Best of luck to you with your search.
I know for a fact that they are covered with a medicard my sister in law goes to a doctor in corbin to get them and its covered there and at the pharmacy if it wasnt for the fact we are not on speaking terms I would be asking her and not on here!
know

London, KY

#13 Jan 12, 2012
Adipex is cheap, I only paid like $9 for 15. I went to the place across from McDonalds, but at the time they couldn't just give out the meds because their dr was out of town so I had to go to a pharmacy. I can tell you they go by your BMI and you have to be in the overweight category or obesity category. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
I wasn't on topamax for weight loss but I have heard of doctors using it for it, I just don't know about the ones around here doing it. It changes the way some food tastes, I couldn't drink pop, eat food with butter and anything really sweet tasted bitter and it suppresses your appetite and you don't have mood swings like on adipex. And not like speed like adipex either. I couldn't stand that always feeling like I was on edge.
wrong again

Englewood, CO

#14 Jan 12, 2012
maybe try calling the pharmacy bc I promise you that they dont... they may not have told her that but insurance no matter what kind you have will pay for weightloss medicine...Again insurance will pay for you doctors visit but not your medicine...if you still doubt it than call your Ins company and ask then... but as far as one certain doctor being able to get the ins to pay for the adipex you arent going to find one. But like "know" says adipex are cheap... I only pay $18 for 30 plus at my doctor I have a copay so all together i paid $38... but since you know that we are wrong Im not really sure why you are even asking...
a stranger

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Jan 12, 2012
Jelico gives you the meds. It is included in your visit.
a tub fill

Ransom, KY

#17 Jan 13, 2012
a stranger wrote:
Jelico gives you the meds. It is included in your visit.
how much is the visit at jelico and what do you get like how many ? me self i like the adipex but i get a little headake with thos
know

London, KY

#18 Jan 13, 2012
I think Jelico and the weight loss clinic here in london are the same price its $75 and that includes your meds and your visit. Now its $75 every time you go each month. That's why I think you would be better off going to a regular Dr. and finding a better medicine without the side effects. But the number for the one in london is eight six 2 1 eight 00. But you need to look up your BMI and see what it is because that is the first question they will ask along with what other medications you are on and they have a list of conditions they will ask about. I only lost about 5 lbs with adipex and I hated how it made me feel, with topamax I lost 30 lbs the first time and I just went back on it last month to lose more weight and for a few other problems. I've used alli and lost more weight than I did on adipex.
tiara87

Willard, NC

#21 Nov 3, 2013
Insurance can pay for adipex. . Cigna would pay for mine and I pay my $7 copay.
mom of two

Shelbyville, KY

#22 Jan 25, 2014
I know that diffrent healthpoints decribe them too, I don't know what state your in though
Be careful

London, KY

#23 Jan 26, 2014
Be careful with the adipex.
ahutchinson

Leesville, SC

#25 Sep 16, 2014
know wrote:
I know one but I don't think they take medicaid. I do know that the Dr. across from McDonald's only charges $75 and that's for the visit and the adipex. You do there are safer meds you can go on to lose weight right??
Where is this?
Pookie99

Bowling Green, KY

#26 Sep 24, 2014
Anyone know any drs or weight loss doctors in northern ky that will take wellcare and prescribe weight loss meds
Tina

Jacksonville, FL

#27 May 13, 2015
know wrote:
Across from which mc Donalds

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Cczar 172,925
OK slime , payback time you lieing thieves 1 hr Bob burlesque 1
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 2 hr Alain Vain 1,922
anyone know julia black? 3 hr Oh My 6
Saw On WYMT, LC Sheriff does "security inspecti... 3 hr DOC2 3
Hammer McQueen & his daughter Edna 9 hr Rat buster 5
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 13 hr Ya know 20

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages