east bernstadt school and board memebers

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Orange Glaze

Manchester, KY

#1 Dec 2, 2011
I dont believe that the EB school personal has balls that God gave a bull!!!!!!!!
They allow one board member to run the show down there telling them who they cant attend their school!
A little boy came to school there this year and wanted to play ball but due to not living within the district one of the board members who lives in East Bernstadt wanted him not to play so he caused a stink thus causing this child problems!!!!!
Now he wants the child out of school all together what ever happened to free education and allowing children to attend school and play ball???
EB school needs to get back to where it use to be from long ago and get its act together.
Once upon a time the school was the best within the county now we wonder if that is true with all that goes on there.
EB get back to the basics step up run the school and allow the childrem from across the county that once came for the great education, leaders and wonderful teachers (WHO ARE STILL THERE) get back!!!!!!!!!!
Dont allow certain ppl to run the school just because they threaten to sue you GET SOME BALLS!!!!!!
mother

Ford City, PA

#2 Dec 2, 2011
Orange Glaze wrote:
I dont believe that the EB school personal has balls that God gave a bull!!!!!!!!
They allow one board member to run the show down there telling them who they cant attend their school!
A little boy came to school there this year and wanted to play ball but due to not living within the district one of the board members who lives in East Bernstadt wanted him not to play so he caused a stink thus causing this child problems!!!!!
Now he wants the child out of school all together what ever happened to free education and allowing children to attend school and play ball???
EB school needs to get back to where it use to be from long ago and get its act together.
Once upon a time the school was the best within the county now we wonder if that is true with all that goes on there.
EB get back to the basics step up run the school and allow the childrem from across the county that once came for the great education, leaders and wonderful teachers (WHO ARE STILL THERE) get back!!!!!!!!!!
Dont allow certain ppl to run the school just because they threaten to sue you GET SOME BALLS!!!!!!
I totally agree. Need new shcool board member.
mother

Ford City, PA

#3 Dec 2, 2011
I meant school board member
Grow Some Ballz

United States

#5 Dec 2, 2011
Why don't people grow some onions and tell who your talking about? You say the people at school needs to have some balls. Well have some balls and say who you are talking about. No one knows who you are on here and no one cares. Quit being a wuss yourself. Quit hinting and tell who are speaking about.
Maggie

Somerset, KY

#8 Dec 3, 2011
I like boards
Whoever

London, KY

#12 Dec 5, 2011
Lets find out the whole truth before we speak
BLUE KNIGHT

Lexington, KY

#13 Dec 5, 2011
From what I hear the whole truth has been told about the situation over there.
A young man attended school there and from what I understand was an out standing bb player who wanted to play.
So the board member decideds to hunt the childs address down finding out that he was out of the district so he couldnt play.
Besides he thinks his son is NBA material!!!!!!
That is the whole truth!!!!!!!!!!
That has never stopped kids that have went there before from playing for my child played there a few yrs ago and he was out of the district.
Its not like its high school ball or anything.
GO EB!!!!!!!
RED MAN

Lexington, KY

#16 Dec 5, 2011
Oh I believe it LOUISA believe me I do for I know!!
It's a mess since they think they can bully the teachers with their,"I AM GOING TO GET MY LAWYER ON YOU" phrase they use all the time.
I have a friend who works there so I know what is going down!!!!!!
louisa

Ashland, KY

#17 Dec 5, 2011
RED MAN wrote:
Oh I believe it LOUISA believe me I do for I know!!
It's a mess since they think they can bully the teachers with their,"I AM GOING TO GET MY LAWYER ON YOU" phrase they use all the time.
I have a friend who works there so I know what is going down!!!!!!
yep your right!!! You do know!!
whathappened

Ford City, PA

#20 Dec 6, 2011
I thought this was supposed to be better than the county schools?
yep

Somerset, KY

#21 Dec 6, 2011
i think there are two board members need removed the two are in it for themselves and not the whole school. the board members are the two newest ones that are like that.
MISTO MAN

Lexington, KY

#22 Dec 7, 2011
I do believe that EB schools are better than the county schools no doubt!
They have some of the best if not the best teachers within the county system who care about the children and go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get the job done.
I know my children have loved it going there and I can honestly say that the system as a whole really cares.
I do think though that this one board member that everyone is talking about needs to go and not be put back on the board for everyday he is there doing something or threatening teachers or the staff if his children doesnt get the special attention that they deserve.
In speaking with a good friend who teaches there it makes it hard on them for what if he does try to sue them or not get his way.
I agree that they are bullies big time both him and his wife and maybe that is why the school is enforcing all the new rules as to why parents cant walk their children to class now, cant enter the buildings without going to the office, they are putting up gates now to keep ppl out.
I think we haved the power to not elect him back in office and get a point across to others that this kind of behavior in not going to be stood for.
People use this sort of power in order gain access in order to favor what they want who they want and when they want.
If they dont get what they want then they start using the power to say,"I'm going to sue you, I'm going to do this or that."
So what if my child lives out side of the district my child should still be allowed to play ball like anyone else that lives within the district that attends school there and in a few yrs he is going to play so does that mean that Mr. Frost will go on the witch hunt again or since his child leaves does this mean he wont care any more?!
Get a life and realize that you reap what you sow and it will come back on you some where down the line.
Is he going to bully North Laurel into letting his child play sports there as well?!!!!!!!
Reality check

London, KY

#23 Dec 7, 2011
North Laurel will be a reality check for the Frost family.
MISTO MAN wrote:
I do believe that EB schools are better than the county schools no doubt!
They have some of the best if not the best teachers within the county system who care about the children and go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get the job done.
I know my children have loved it going there and I can honestly say that the system as a whole really cares.
I do think though that this one board member that everyone is talking about needs to go and not be put back on the board for everyday he is there doing something or threatening teachers or the staff if his children doesnt get the special attention that they deserve.
In speaking with a good friend who teaches there it makes it hard on them for what if he does try to sue them or not get his way.
I agree that they are bullies big time both him and his wife and maybe that is why the school is enforcing all the new rules as to why parents cant walk their children to class now, cant enter the buildings without going to the office, they are putting up gates now to keep ppl out.
I think we haved the power to not elect him back in office and get a point across to others that this kind of behavior in not going to be stood for.
People use this sort of power in order gain access in order to favor what they want who they want and when they want.
If they dont get what they want then they start using the power to say,"I'm going to sue you, I'm going to do this or that."
So what if my child lives out side of the district my child should still be allowed to play ball like anyone else that lives within the district that attends school there and in a few yrs he is going to play so does that mean that Mr. Frost will go on the witch hunt again or since his child leaves does this mean he wont care any more?!
Get a life and realize that you reap what you sow and it will come back on you some where down the line.
Is he going to bully North Laurel into letting his child play sports there as well?!!!!!!!
oldtimer

Mount Vernon, KY

#28 Dec 8, 2011
You know when I was growing up and had a disagreement with a fellow classmate my mother and father let me settle it. I'm not saying I didn't get my mouth mashed or jaw jacked a few times but no one filed charges or took me to juvenile court. These scrapes taught me respect for others opinions and taught me to choose my battle well. East Bernstadt has some of the best teachers in the state. I hear all the time about kids going to college and never having to worry because one particular teacher has taught them all the skill they need. Let your children fight their own battles and don't teach to bully. East Bernstadt is suppose to be a bully free school. God bless
ROLLER

Lexington, KY

#29 Dec 8, 2011
I agree with you OLDTIMER let the children fight their own fights and like you my parents allowed me to settle it when I went to EB.
They didnt step in nor did I ever ask them to step in for I had to learn to defend myself.
I agree also that EB is one of the best if not the best schools within the county and the kids that come out of there have a great Educational experience there that allows them to go far!!!
These parents should not get involved in situations unless something drastic happens but other then that stay out of it.
Kids are bullies due to parents being bullies so dont bully your children therefore causing your children to bully free.
Stay out of the business of teachers teaching and dont come into the class room demanding for little Johnny or little Maggie getting this or that!!!!!!
GO EB!!!!!!!!!!
parentof bbplayer

Lexington, KY

#30 Dec 10, 2011
have u seen there kid play ball? maybe the worst on team ,i think its a shame that the 8th grade team havent won a game mostly because of the frost kid , all because the dad is is a board member he has to start n after 8 turnovers n 12 missed shots they take him out, hurting the whole team,CRAZY
parent

Mount Vernon, KY

#31 Dec 10, 2011
parentof bbplayer wrote:
have u seen there kid play ball? maybe the worst on team ,i think its a shame that the 8th grade team havent won a game mostly because of the frost kid , all because the dad is is a board member he has to start n after 8 turnovers n 12 missed shots they take him out, hurting the whole team,CRAZY
I wonder when he canpaigned for board eletion was he on his postal route If so wonder what the post master general would think. I think I will get in touch and see.
parent

Mount Vernon, KY

#32 Dec 10, 2011
I meant campaigned and election
Mistaken registered voter

London, KY

#37 Dec 12, 2011
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. If you are on the school board only for your own self interest, you bring the whole thing down. If you learn the machine just enough to manipulate it for your own children, you have failed.

From what I understand, board members should not interfere with the operation of the school. That's the role of the administration. Maybe an EB member should gain a more clear understanding of his role.

The bottom line is, it's about student achievement. At the end of the day, that's it right there. And that means each and every child in your district.

It might not take a lot of horse sense to get on the school board, but it certainly takes a lot of it to serve.

Is it coincidental that we did not meet our test scores for the first time ever during the first term of our newest present board member? I think not.

In trying to help their own child, this board member and his wife alone have single-handedly done irrepairable damage. We must learn that although we love our children, at the end of the day, they will eventually have to take what we've instilled in them and try to make it on their own. We can't fight our children's battles for them.

Congratulations Mr. Frost, on dragging our once great school to the bottom where you apparently feed.

One more thing. Did y'all not think past this year in terms of your young man's athletic potential and/or future? Instead of trying to manipulate and bully this system, wouldn't you have served your son better by letting him stand on his own, with good advice and guidance from you?

What has happened is a shame on so many levels, not the least of which is a personal one. These are kids right here. They should have been encouraged to become friends. Life will teach them that you can never have too many of those.

I am a voting member of the East Bernstadt School district. I voted for Robert Frost. I won't do that again.
LOVE CHILD

East Bernstadt, KY

#38 Dec 13, 2011
I dont think I could have said it any better than what you said!!!

I too was fooled and I too will not be fooled again by casting my vote for him.
He has made his bed now let him lay in it!!!!!!!!!!

Our children need to learn to get along with other children thus parent dont need to stick their noses in little things that dont matter.
Children have learn to fight their own battles and parents/board members dont need to run to the school to defend their little ones.

I think he has done the school a great injustice by defending his children in such a matter thus causing major problems for everyone.

As someone who works in the school I want to thank those parents who reach out go beyond to help us do our job.
Parents who dont run to school when his or her child has a minor problem but allows them to settle it.
Thank you parents for being good examples!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hillary crimes 1 hr hey 32
Robinsons premium meats sausage co 1 hr Umm 5
obama wants to raise federal gas tax 136% 1 hr hey 2
That unused station? 2 hr alice 2
who's the prettiest woman in London? 2 hr tangobuddy 6
to alll cheese eaters (Aug '09) 3 hr Cheesy 158
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr truths 147,223
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages