Biggest People Pleaser Church?

Biggest People Pleaser Church?

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Avery

Shelbiana, KY

#1 Nov 14, 2012
I've heard tales of the BIG growing churches in London, and apparently they're accepting and condoning of anything and everything; gays attending and helping in the services, thrashing rock music, disrespectful clothing,(homosexuality, drunkenesss, adultery, etc)(sickening) as long as they build numbers and get people to attend. That's not what church should be about, pleasing people. Growing numbers and teaching false doctrine and accepting blkantantly sinful things into church will not save people, and produce true God fearing Christians. Any thoughts, churches doing this, etc?

Seems like these place become as cults, drawing people based on ungodly things that the people want.
Oger

Sikeston, MO

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Avery wrote:
I've heard tales of the BIG growing churches in London, and apparently they're accepting and condoning of anything and everything; gays attending and helping in the services, thrashing rock music, disrespectful clothing,(homosexuality, drunkenesss, adultery, etc)(sickening) as long as they build numbers and get people to attend. That's not what church should be about, pleasing people. Growing numbers and teaching false doctrine and accepting blkantantly sinful things into church will not save people, and produce true God fearing Christians. Any thoughts, churches doing this, etc?
Seems like these place become as cults, drawing people based on ungodly things that the people want.
They ALL do such things, none are any different from the other. Never allow ANYONE to tell you you have to attend such places to get to heaven.

If "Jesus" himself set foot in any of them, he'd sling tables and such all over the building that will do nothing but return to rubble.
Avery

Shelbiana, KY

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Well, I disagree with them ALL doing it. Some are letting things go on a lot more than others. I think smaller churches tend to adhere to the traditional Christian values. They follow the bible. It does not change. To some of the BIG churches, it does. Don't let anyone tell you that ALL churches condone things of the world. Some of them still have values and go by the bible.
Oger

Sikeston, MO

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Avery wrote:
Well, I disagree with them ALL doing it. Some are letting things go on a lot more than others. I think smaller churches tend to adhere to the traditional Christian values. They follow the bible. It does not change. To some of the BIG churches, it does. Don't let anyone tell you that ALL churches condone things of the world. Some of them still have values and go by the bible.
"Well, I disagree with them ALL doing it. Some are letting things go on a lot more than others"

Just as I said, they ALL do it...

"Don't let anyone tell you that ALL churches condone things of the world"

Well, where is one at? I will join it, and be a team leader...I've been to many and of all denominations.
pray tell

AOL

#5 Nov 15, 2012
Avery wrote:
I've heard tales of the BIG growing churches in London, and apparently they're accepting and condoning of anything and everything; gays attending and helping in the services, thrashing rock music, disrespectful clothing,(homosexuality, drunkenesss, adultery, etc)(sickening) as long as they build numbers and get people to attend. That's not what church should be about, pleasing people. Growing numbers and teaching false doctrine and accepting blkantantly sinful things into church will not save people, and produce true God fearing Christians. Any thoughts, churches doing this, etc?
Seems like these place become as cults, drawing people based on ungodly things that the people want.
I understand what you are saying, but aren't these the type of people you would want to come to your church to hopefully get saved???
I am against homosexuality as well as othe sinful acts_but these people need to get saved-We should not be satisfied with our own little bunch-We need to get the adulterers, fornicators, homosexuals and others to come and get saved!!! That does not mean we are condoning them-that means we want to get them saved--Love the sinner-hate the sin!!!
agree

Melvin, KY

#6 Nov 15, 2012
pray tell wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying, but aren't these the type of people you would want to come to your church to hopefully get saved???
I am against homosexuality as well as othe sinful acts_but these people need to get saved-We should not be satisfied with our own little bunch-We need to get the adulterers, fornicators, homosexuals and others to come and get saved!!! That does not mean we are condoning them-that means we want to get them saved--Love the sinner-hate the sin!!!
I agree, but if they are helping out in the services, they should have already have been saved.Once the sinners are inside the doors, the preachers should preach hell so hot we all can feel the heat.I know God is love and that is what everone wants to hear preached, but hell is just as real as heaven and most preachers these days are too weak kneed to preach it.Everyone is afraid of hurting someones feelings, and that is what is wrong with the churches today. We need preachers that aarent afraid to preach the bible. Once the sinners are in the doors, they need to FEEL love and HEAR the bible and know what the church is God's house and needs to be respected.The chhurchees are getting a bad name these days because you cant tell the inside from the rest of the world.I can remember when even the sinners respected God's housse more than most so calle christians respect it today. People would have neveer thought of dressing in the manner folks are today in manny churches.The churches have set back and allowed Gpd's house to become disrespected. If WE DON'T HAVE RESPECT IN THE CHURCH, WHERE ARE WE OR OUR CHILDREN GOING TO FIND IT.I am glad I go to a church where our pastor is not afraid to preach the word. Too many people are being preached right into hell. because the church has become sso soft, that people believe anything they do is alright as long as they go to church. It is time to get back to the old ways and seek out the old paths.
Watchman

London, KY

#7 Nov 16, 2012
Today the Church is just as blinded by an experience and expectation that has shaped and perverted the perception of the Spirit of God and the Word to the point that the Spiritual Israel is now looking for a Physical Kingdom to be set up on the earth and God breaking all of the natural kings and kingdoms. Is there no end to our ignorance and absurdity? Will we too reject the true manifestation of the Spirit and the Word which has brought forth the Truth that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh, not simply as a man that offered Himself once for all, But Jesus has come in the flesh of lowly man and is still here in our midst in every believer developing and working by the Spirit and the Word to establish and grow the Kingdom of God to full manifestation, but we simply can’t believe it.
The Church is waiting for a Kingdom to COME ONE DAY IN THE SWEET BYE AND BYE at the end of the age. Sound familiar? That is exactly what the Israelites were expecting when they rejected Jesus and crucified Him. The Truth be known that when God raises up the fully manifested Sons and Daughters of God going forth in the Power of the Kingdom of God, it will be the Church that raises up against them and calls them the servants of Beelzebub with lying signs and wonders.
Sound a little too outlandish to be possible? At the pace things are going in Churchanity and the closed mindedness of the leadership and denominations, I would venture to say that they have already prepared themselves to defend against these miraculous healings, signs, and wonders by the Sons of God and are already warning their flocks to beware of these false prophets with their lying signs and wonders.
For anyone to teach someone to believe that Christ has gone away and won’t be back until all hell breaks loose is definitely a lie and should be a sign to all who believe, and it makes me wonder how blind and deaf are we to not see and hear this deception.
The great danger in the Church today is the preaching of an intellectual gospel. God is not just saving us so we can go to heaven when we die. Jesus taught that the Kingdom of Heaven is within us. This is not a place to go to when we die. If all we receive is an intellectual Jesus whom we think will take us to heaven when we die, we have missed the true light of the gospel. The Word teaches us that when we truly receive Jesus we become a different person. If we come to Jesus and there is no change on the inside of us, then we need to keep seeking Him until we experience His Life, and we will change.
Once we experience God’s life we will never be satisfied until God leads us into a life filled with His Presence. If we have truly received Him and we are not living for Him, we will never be totally satisfied for the desires and the cry of our spirit is to be enveloped in His Presence. The Holy Spirit of God on the inside of us wants only one thing; He wants to be loose. He wants to possess us totally. He wants to fill our mind, and emotions with the life of God. He wants us to be totally transformed on the inside, so that Jesus once again can live in the flesh and manifest the life of God to a lost and dying world.
Kennedy

Ivel, KY

#8 Nov 16, 2012
I agree that sinners need to attend and convert, as Jesus walked and talked with sinners. BUT, the act of one being a Christian, then one day decidcing they're gay, and going to a BIG church in the county that has them help in worship service? I just don't see it. It is a black eye on that church on my opoinion, but that's my opinion.

I totally agree with getting everyone and anyone to church, but aren't we also, ALL of us Christians, to be out preaching, teaching, and letting people know about the gospel without just expecting them toi show up at a church? I think so.

The church in my mind at the time is Hawk Creek Baptist. Growing, but at what compromising of the word?

Since: Mar 09

London, KY

#9 Nov 16, 2012
ALL CHURCHES are people pleasers. If they did not please people, people did not get something out of it, then they would not attend.

Churches change over time. Fifty years ago how many churches around here would have accepted someone that had been divorced to participate in the ministry? Now they have support groups in the church. A person that had a child out of wedlock would have been shunned. So would the child. A couple living in sin would not have been allowed either. Now the church looks the other way.

Why?

Because society changes. "Normal" changes. The church adapts to the world no matter how much it claims otherwise. If it did not, at least to some degree, the pews would be empty.
Kennedy

London, KY

#10 Nov 16, 2012
God's word does not change. People try to change it but it does not change. Gay leaders in worship is not right and should not be done in church.

Some people go to a church to worship God and because the bible tells us to do so. Ever read Hebrews 10:25? If not read up.

I go because I want to please God and worship God. It helps one to stay strong in their faith and be the person you need to be.
Tyler

Pella, IA

#11 Nov 17, 2012
Kennedy wrote:
I agree that sinners need to attend and convert, as Jesus walked and talked with sinners. BUT, the act of one being a Christian, then one day decidcing they're gay, and going to a BIG church in the county that has them help in worship service? I just don't see it. It is a black eye on that church on my opoinion, but that's my opinion.
I totally agree with getting everyone and anyone to church, but aren't we also, ALL of us Christians, to be out preaching, teaching, and letting people know about the gospel without just expecting them toi show up at a church? I think so.
The church in my mind at the time is Hawk Creek Baptist. Growing, but at what compromising of the word?
Have you ever been to the creek ?? I can say without a doubt their pastor does not compromise the word, he is an awesome pastor who cares for his flock and filled with the Holy Spirit. People may dress different, the music may be different, but the church definitely is in Gods favor !!!
Kennedy

London, KY

#12 Nov 18, 2012
I heard there's gays helping with the music and worship.

I guess if people know that and are ok with it, then they are condoning that sort of lifestyle.
Lurch

London, KY

#13 Nov 20, 2012
I know they have some groovy rock sessions during the morning worship service. It's so cool that churches have rock music concerts now.
Believer

Houston, AR

#14 Nov 20, 2012
We need to be filling up the churches we have instead of building and starting new ones.
Watchman

London, KY

#15 Nov 22, 2012
Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to the creek ?? I can say without a doubt their pastor does not compromise the word, he is an awesome pastor who cares for his flock and filled with the Holy Spirit. People may dress different, the music may be different, but the church definitely is in Gods favor !!!
So many confuse the issue of salvation, and being born again, and filled with the Spirit, they are told by their pastor that they are all the same thing. It’s like a happy meal, but the problem is you didn’t get your French fries and you don’t realize it until you get home. The Church just kind of throws it all in there together. It’s not that at all. It’s not even close.
You can look at the tabernacle of David, or look at the temple and see that there were 3 distinct experiences, outer court- salvation, holy place- born again- holy place- born of the Spirit. These show 3 distinct experiences in you walk.
1 You could have salvation
Yet never be filled with the Spirit
Yet never be born again
2 You could have salvation
And be filled with the Spirit
Yet not be born again
3 But you could not possibly be born again
Without having salvation
And being filled with the Spirit
The thief on the cross had salvation but was not born again
Vernon

Ivel, KY

#16 Nov 26, 2012
The only churches that are churches to attend follow the bible. Those making up stuff and adding to or taking from the word are false prophets. The women preachers, gays, and etc in chuch are an abomination to God.

Follow God and his word, and NOT people.....
spirit of truth

Denver, CO

#18 Nov 26, 2012
its okay to get sinners to come to church, but if leaders of the church allow sinners, gays, and women dressed like hookers to take part in service, they will think they are okay and dont need jesus.
you know yourself if a woman walks into the church house half naked with her boobs showing, the men in the church will not have their minds on worship or jesus.
this is not the place to go half naked.
you cannot allow the unsaved and vile behind the pulput to sing.
its like you are condoning this abomination and their blood will be on your hands come judgement day.
spirit of truth

Denver, CO

#19 Nov 26, 2012
Lurch wrote:
I know they have some groovy rock sessions during the morning worship service. It's so cool that churches have rock music concerts now.
my board will not vote that sort of filthy music in.
abcdef

Flat Lick, KY

#20 Nov 26, 2012
Every single person that I know that goes out there talks more about their pastor than they do their own relationship with God,

Furthermore I want to be involved in my church, I want my children to have a part in the Christmas play, I want for them to be relevant, not just a number. My question is how can anyone who isn't super connected with the powers get involved out there. I cherish the relationship that I have with my small church family; that can't possibly exist in a church that size.

Also how do you follow along in your bible with all the strobe lights, smoke machines, and darkness.

I get the feeling it's more of theatrical performance than a orderly worship service.
Right

Eubank, KY

#21 Nov 26, 2012
Vernon wrote:
The only churches that are churches to attend follow the bible. Those making up stuff and adding to or taking from the word are false prophets. The women preachers, gays, and etc in chuch are an abomination to God.
Follow God and his word, and NOT people.....
A big Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Strel 149,884
obama plays clown in NC 15 min r sizemore 10
hillary want thugs mothers to speak 21 min r sizemore 10
have you been raped or molested and never told ... (Dec '10) 46 min latonyafields6 165
DNC refuse to fly American flag 2 hr wormwood 29
8 an uncut 2 hr Oldschool 14
Yard cutting 3 hr Margret 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages