Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Real Deal

London, KY

#1 Jan 7, 2013
I thought id post about something good instead of all this other stuff on here. Great food thats just plain old Kentucky

Shuck Beans

Peanut Butter and Syrup sandwichs

Soupbeans and Cornbread ( with a really thick soup )

I could live on the 3 I listed!!!!!!!!!!
Old timer

London, KY

#2 Jan 7, 2013
Make mine peanut butter and honey please, thank you.
yum

Winchester, KY

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Dried Apple Stack Cake!

I love those shuck beans too!
Sunshine

AOL

#4 Jan 8, 2013
Fresh strawberries picked straight from your own patch.

Fresh corn and green beans from your garden.

Oh and how about that big ripe tomatoe warmed by the sun and how it taste when you bite into it without washing because you use no chemicals.
yum

Winchester, KY

#5 Jan 8, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
Fresh strawberries picked straight from your own patch.
Fresh corn and green beans from your garden.
Oh and how about that big ripe tomatoe warmed by the sun and how it taste when you bite into it without washing because you use no chemicals.
Ohhh, you are making me so hungry already. There's nothing better than veggies fresh from the garden.
Sunshine

AOL

#6 Jan 8, 2013
yum wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, you are making me so hungry already. There's nothing better than veggies fresh from the garden.
Me too, I can't wait till spring to start those good Kentucky Veggies! Come on Spring!
ky chef

London, KY

#7 Jan 8, 2013
How bout some nice roadkill poached possum on a stick with some taters and onions? Big glass of cold fresh buttermilk and some cornbread. YUM YUM
true

London, KY

#8 Jan 8, 2013
yum wrote:
Dried Apple Stack Cake!
I love those shuck beans too!
Apple Stack Cake is fantastic
Gun Town USA

London, KY

#9 Jan 8, 2013
Morels and Pawpaws.
Hungrey

London, KY

#10 Jan 8, 2013
The topic is making me hungrey. You just dont get food this good in other parts of the states. I used to live in Idaho, and couldnt wait to come home on the holidays and eat. Nothing better than soup beans cooked slow with a big ham hock, a onion, and some really good cornbread. And you cant forget Turnip Greens cooked in Bacon grease and some fried green tomatoes....mmmmmmmm
Hungrey

London, KY

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Gun Town USA wrote:
Morels and Pawpaws.
Thats right friend
Gun Town USA

London, KY

#12 Jan 8, 2013
A little Muscadine wine and you have a hillbilly party.
Sunshine

AOL

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Oh wow I can't believe I forgot Fried Green Tomatoes. I can taste them now!

Gotta say this is way better than who's cheating who, whose being true and whose car is parked next door.

Meatloaf anyone?
yum

Murray, KY

#14 Jan 8, 2013
Fried baloney sandwich with a big ol piece of sweet onion on it!! Best thread on here!
Sunshine

AOL

#15 Jan 8, 2013
When I was a kid I made onion and mustard sandwiches. Oh sooooo good. I guess you could say I was poor. But I didn't know it.
yum

Winchester, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
When I was a kid I made onion and mustard sandwiches. Oh sooooo good. I guess you could say I was poor. But I didn't know it.
My family thinks it's weird but I love vidalia onion and mayonnaise (Hellman's of course) sandwiches in the summer and also tomato and mayonnaise sandwiches made with those huge deep red tomatoes with slices as big as the largest slice of bread.

yum

Winchester, KY

#17 Jan 8, 2013
yum wrote:
Fried baloney sandwich with a big ol piece of sweet onion on it!! Best thread on here!
I like my balogna fried with biscuits and gravy and sliced tomatoes.
Sunshine

AOL

#18 Jan 8, 2013
yum wrote:
<quoted text>
My family thinks it's weird but I love vidalia onion and mayonnaise (Hellman's of course) sandwiches in the summer and also tomato and mayonnaise sandwiches made with those huge deep red tomatoes with slices as big as the largest slice of bread.
Oh please you are killing me with the thoughts of a thick sliced red tomatoe. Spring has to come soon.
yum

Winchester, KY

#19 Jan 8, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please you are killing me with the thoughts of a thick sliced red tomatoe. Spring has to come soon.
LOL. The local forecast is 70 degrees for Friday.
God really created some wonderful foods for us, didn't He?
ky proud

Murray, KY

#20 Jan 8, 2013
Fried potaoes and cornmeal gravy with cathead biscuits! Doesn't even require any meat but some thick cut bacon would go good with it and some over easy eggs too hehe..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Obama Zombies 151,511
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min The Bear777 2,146
Kenneth Ellington 58 min Apeyard1 1
People from Southeast KY appear foolish. 1 hr Ask me 10
who do girl like more country boys or city boys? (Oct '08) 1 hr RaifsniderbenPA 939
Is Burger Boy Permanently Closed? 1 hr jim thompson 5
trying to find a loughran (Apr '09) 1 hr Courtney Schell 12
Master Donuts - (next to Little Ceasers Pizza) 10 hr Patient but puzzled 12
•••

Severe Weather Statement for Laurel County was issued at September 02 at 6:32PM EDT

•••
•••
London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

London Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

London People Search