'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Jay

Paris, TN

#42472 Jun 20, 2012
Here's another one AL:

House Speaker John Boehner said the Republican-led chamber will move to repeal President Barack Obama’s health-care overhaul law if the U.S. Supreme Court doesn’t strike it down.

“Unless the Supreme Court throws out the entire Obamacare bill, the House will move to repeal all of it,” Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters in Washington today.
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42473 Jun 20, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give factual examples instead of just stating some vague winger platitude? From the end of 2007 until the end of Bush's last budget in Sept. 2009, America lost 10 million jobs. And, we're still missing those 10 million jobs. Hyperinflation? You sound like uber knucklehead Glenn Beck, but really, can you get any sillier? Trillions of dollars ago, at the start of the recession (Dec. 2007), inflation was about 2.4%. Now it's about 2.1%. Hyperinflation? No, just hyperventilating. Since Reagan, it’s the Republicans who’ve run structural deficits (Obama’s deficits are largely cyclical—very much a function of the recession). Unfortunately, the average voter/citizen does not understand this as they are tuned in to the relentless propaganda machinery.
9% is not hyperinflation Frankie boy. It's simple enough, using the same basket of goods from the Reagan era with how we calculate inflation, if we used those same basket of goods today, inflation is approximately 9%. Pretty sure hyperinflation is something along the lines of what we've seen in Zimbabwe. Good deflection though, instead of talking about actual inflation, deflect, discredit, avoid the issue. classy.

With all the trillions of dollars floating around in the 1's and 0's of computer bank accounts, perhaps you should do a little reading up on the concept of velocity of money.

Obama's deficits are cyclical? Look, let's go back to the height of the economy in 2008, before the down turn. You could take EVERY dollar that every "rich" person makes over $100,000, and we would STILL have government spending deficits.

I'm not sure what's propaganda about the US jobs report with us having created 69,000 jobs for the month. During that same time period, the US jobs report said we created 200,000+ part time jobs. Meaning, the only reason at all for a positive number in the jobs report is do the part time job creation. Even 69,000 is a far cry short of the 250,000 jobs we need every month to keep up with population growth.

But let's talk some "propaganda"- the official unemployment rate: 8.1%; Real unemployment rate: 11.6%. Reason for difference: organic growth of labor force which grows alongside the broader population and the BLS having some many different categories of unemployed who are not "officially" unemployed.
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/real-unemplo...

Let's see the "end of 2007", you mean after Democrats had taken control of Congress and been the ones setting the spending and writing the legislation? let me show you my "shocked" face :-()
Hello

Morehead, KY

#42474 Jun 20, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>I feel the need for speed...whoa!
Where in the world did you run across a pantera?
Just sitting still they look like they're moving..wow!
What a beautifully designed car...Detomaso Pantera.
We must have some Italian blood in us!lol
They do appreciate nice wheels...:)
Man I'd like to find a good straight away and let it go!!!!
LOL!!!! I hear ya buddy::::

It was on a tv program I was watching, They tested the Pantera a 1969 AMX a 1974 Trans Am and an M5 with an Ls7 corvette engine in it..

They were all built pretty good, The Pantera finished first and the AMX finished last, It should be noted that the AMX was the closest one to stock with about 400hp, The rest were between 500 & 800hp..

I believe about the fastest car I ever had was a 1969 Super Bee..
I had the speedo pegged at 150 a couple times,LMAO!!!
Darryl Washington

Cincinnati, OH

#42476 Jun 20, 2012
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
"all spending" and all "taxing"? no, but returning to the limits set forth in the Constitution is the only chance we've got at choosing to reset our economy and taking the pain now, before it's no longer a choice that we'll make as it will be forced upon us and the change will be much worse.
If we don't cut our spending, and not just the "baseline" spending (were instead of growing spending 8.5% we're only going to grow spending 6.8%) we need real cuts. We could cut 1% of our budget, and freeze spending-even in this bad economy, we'd have a balanced budget in 5 years. But we can't even cut 1%!
We also need government deregulation in regards to our domestic energy and other EPA interference in the economy, just to name the largest problems of job creation, with taxes, Obamacare and the rest right behind energy.
It's not going to happen though. No politician is going to stand up and say hey, you've been lied to. This isn't going to work, and EVERYONE is going to take some pain now, or we're all going to face even worse circumstances in the very near future for kicking the can down the road yet again.
As for the "wealthy individual" waiting in the wings-the entire world would dump their wealth into the US if we implemented some of these policies and were serious about reigning in the government and promoting economic freedom to create wealth. Not to mention the millions of American businesses, large and small, that are sitting on trillions of dollars of wealth b/c it's too risky an environment to do anything with that cash other than sit on it and wait for something to change.
Your answer is essentially the standard Tea Party line and is also based on a false premise. Specifically, your implying that our spending has been unconstitutional or has exceeded some constitutional limit does not make it so.

Most of us know the Tea Party position quite well by now. I was appealing to people to THINK about answers to the questions I posed.

It’s impossible to have a discussion with a radio that only receives one station, one that plays the same song continuously. It runs stagnant and is frankly unproductive.

We have been decreasing the rate of growth of our spending and that is going in the right direction to address our need to cut spending, without having to purr grandma out to pasture on an ice berg to float away and die in the cold. We cannot avoid the reality that taxing is important for paying our bills, unless one believes thee are zillionaires waiting in the wings to voluntarily share their wealth with us common folk. If you believe otherwise, look at the success of austerity programs in Europe. Feeling envious?

I really don’t like being blunt but you would do yourself a serious disservice by voting in favor of policies that would promote the rich becoming richer and the rest of us poorer.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#42477 Jun 20, 2012
Jay wrote:
Here's another one AL:
House Speaker John Boehner said the Republican-led chamber will move to repeal President Barack Obama’s health-care overhaul law if the U.S. Supreme Court doesn’t strike it down.
“Unless the Supreme Court throws out the entire Obamacare bill, the House will move to repeal all of it,” Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters in Washington today.
Thanks Jay....;-)
They are falling apart at the seams....
Imploding!
Jay

Paris, TN

#42478 Jun 20, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jay....;-)
They are falling apart at the seams....
Imploding!
*********

Holder is a disgrace! He has been side-stepping this issue and ignoring the requests of Congress for too long. And what of Obama?- he does the same thing, totally ignores the courts and court orders as though he is above the laws established for all citizens of this country.

There doesn't seem to be the hoopla over Obama as there was in his first campaign. I think he might just be losing a lot of the black vote this time. In talking with some black friends we know, they said that the black community is disgusted with Obama's push for back door amnesty, especially when the unemployment rate is so high for black folks, especially in small towns like ours. These people do not want welfare or government handouts, all they want is a job that pays a decent wage to carry out their responsibilities like everyone else. By giving amnesty to 1-2 million illegal aliens, there will be even more competition for jobs across the country. They feel as many of us do, that they are natural born citizens, and until we put our own country back to work, Obama is making a big mistake.
Hijinx Romney

Cincinnati, OH

#42479 Jun 21, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*********
Holder is a disgrace! He has been side-stepping this issue and ignoring the requests of Congress for too long. And what of Obama?- he does the same thing, totally ignores the courts and court orders as though he is above the laws established for all citizens of this country.
There doesn't seem to be the hoopla over Obama as there was in his first campaign. I think he might just be losing a lot of the black vote this time. In talking with some black friends we know, they said that the black community is disgusted with Obama's push for back door amnesty, especially when the unemployment rate is so high for black folks, especially in small towns like ours. These people do not want welfare or government handouts, all they want is a job that pays a decent wage to carry out their responsibilities like everyone else. By giving amnesty to 1-2 million illegal aliens, there will be even more competition for jobs across the country. They feel as many of us do, that they are natural born citizens, and until we put our own country back to work, Obama is making a big mistake.
Did you see how President Obama and his people tried to hoodwink the American people? Does he really think we will get away with his conspiracy to strip us of our Second Amendment rights? Not on Fox News” watch! Can’t he can do anything right?

Ann and I cackled so hard when his conspiracy was exposed that she almost lost control and went Seamus on us (got the runs as she would say, but that doesn’t sound very presidential if I say it). Really Mr. President, selling guns to Mexican drug lords so we will rebel and demand that our guns be taken away? Really Mr. President? Just how foolish do you think we really are? The ARA knows better and has our best interest at heart. The American people have spoken!
Hijinx Romney

Cincinnati, OH

#42480 Jun 21, 2012
Jay wrote:
Here's another one AL:
House Speaker John Boehner said the Republican-led chamber will move to repeal President Barack Obama’s health-care overhaul law if the U.S. Supreme Court doesn’t strike it down.
“Unless the Supreme Court throws out the entire Obamacare bill, the House will move to repeal all of it,” Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters in Washington today.
House Speaker Boehner is so outraged that his face, normally normally glowing orange, is starting to turn red and when that happens, watch out! America’s going to get a good dose of democracy. Ah, good times.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#42481 Jun 21, 2012
no you didnt but we can wrote:
In the last 4 years the typical American family lost nearly 40% of it's wealth. That included young and old,rich and poor,well educated and less educated, with and without children in the family. Obama claims we have actually recovered and he told us to celebrate his miracle recovery 2 years ago.
Seems Obama really has touched us all. Each and every one of us. Let's show him how we feel about his claim and celebrate by booting him out of office before he makes us a 3rd world welfare- state country.
Romney 2012!!!
Is Romney running in China?
wtf

Jackson, KY

#42482 Jun 21, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Fast and Furious scandal: House panel votes to hold Eric Holder in contempt
A House panel voted Wednesday to hold Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt for failing to cooperate with a congressional inquiry into Operation “Fast and Furious,” hours after President Obama asserted executive privilege over related documents.
On a party-line decision, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted 23 to 17 to hold Holder in contempt for failing to share documents related to the operation run out of the Phoenix division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives between 2009 and 2011, with the backing of the U.S. attorney in Phoenix. The move makes Holder the first member of Obama’s Cabinet held in contempt by a congressional committee.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fast-a...
You meant 2008 dumbass.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#42483 Jun 21, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jay....;-)
They are falling apart at the seams....
Imploding!
And the Senate will squash anything he does.

Lmfao
frank

Oakland, CA

#42485 Jun 21, 2012
The GOPers are at it again, remember when those pillars of fiscal responsibility spend $80 Million only to see him acquitted! Every President, including Washington, has tried to keep information from Congress. In modern times, Richard Nixon invoked executive privilege six times, half of those over the Watergate investigation. President George W. Bush, also six times. And Bill Clinton, 14 times trying to fend off GOPer bloodhounds!
frank

Oakland, CA

#42486 Jun 21, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*********
Holder is a disgrace! He has been side-stepping this issue and ignoring the requests of Congress for too long. And what of Obama?- he does the same thing, totally ignores the courts and court orders as though he is above the laws established for all citizens of this country.
There doesn't seem to be the hoopla over Obama as there was in his first campaign. I think he might just be losing a lot of the black vote this time. In talking with some black friends we know, they said that the black community is disgusted with Obama's push for back door amnesty, especially when the unemployment rate is so high for black folks, especially in small towns like ours. These people do not want welfare or government handouts, all they want is a job that pays a decent wage to carry out their responsibilities like everyone else. By giving amnesty to 1-2 million illegal aliens, there will be even more competition for jobs across the country. They feel as many of us do, that they are natural born citizens, and until we put our own country back to work, Obama is making a big mistake.
So you say you love freedom, but did you protest when George W. Bush repealed habeas corpus and posse comitatus, rights first guaranteed by the Magna Carta in 1215.

You say you’re in favor of smaller government, but you never protested when Gdub expanded it. Or when G. H.W. Bush expanded it. Or when Ronnie Reagan expanded it. Or when Nixon expanded it. Or when Eisenhower expanded it.

You say you’re in favor of democracy, but when Gdub was selected by the five members of the Supreme Court (installed by Republican presidents), one of them Dick Cheney’s close personal friend, you never protested.

You say you’re in favor of openness in government, but you never protested when Dick Cheney set the nation’s energy policy in secret in collaboration with BP, Exxon/Mobil, Halliburton, and the nation’s wealthiest energy companies, or when Cheney and his friends engineered the energy crisis in California and profited hugely.

You say you’re patriots, but you never protested when Cheney ordered the “outing” of a covert CIA agent during a time of war — which U.S. law considers treason. You never protested when the Bush administration tacitly admitted that Gdub was AWOL during a time of war which U.S. law considers a felony.

You never protested when Dubya let Osama escape, when the WMDs turned out to be nonexistent, when the link between Osama and Saddam turned out to be a lie.

You say you believe in human dignity, but you never protested when you found out we were torturing people, some of whom were innocent of any crime.

You say you’re in favor of fiscal restraint, but you never protested when George W. Bush took a budget surplus and a national debt of $5.7 trillion to a gigantic deficit and a national debt of more than $9 trillion.

You say you share the values of the Founders, but you never protested when you found out the Republican government was illegally wiretapping American citizens.

None of this made you angry; none of this frightened you. But you finally got angry when your lawfully elected representatives decided that all Americans deserve the right to see a doctor if they’re sick.

I need to get some of that health care you don’t want me to have – you make me sick!
frank

Oakland, CA

#42487 Jun 21, 2012
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
9% is not hyperinflation Frankie boy. It's simple enough, using the same basket of goods from the Reagan era with how we calculate inflation, if we used those same basket of goods today, inflation is approximately 9%. Pretty sure hyperinflation is something along the lines of what we've seen in Zimbabwe. Good deflection though, instead of talking about actual inflation, deflect, discredit, avoid the issue. classy.
With all the trillions of dollars floating around in the 1's and 0's of computer bank accounts, perhaps you should do a little reading up on the concept of velocity of money.
Obama's deficits are cyclical? Look, let's go back to the height of the economy in 2008, before the down turn. You could take EVERY dollar that every "rich" person makes over $100,000, and we would STILL have government spending deficits.
I'm not sure what's propaganda about the US jobs report with us having created 69,000 jobs for the month. During that same time period, the US jobs report said we created 200,000+ part time jobs. Meaning, the only reason at all for a positive number in the jobs report is do the part time job creation. Even 69,000 is a far cry short of the 250,000 jobs we need every month to keep up with population growth.
But let's talk some "propaganda"- the official unemployment rate: 8.1%; Real unemployment rate: 11.6%. Reason for difference: organic growth of labor force which grows alongside the broader population and the BLS having some many different categories of unemployed who are not "officially" unemployed.
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/real-unemplo...
Let's see the "end of 2007", you mean after Democrats had taken control of Congress and been the ones setting the spending and writing the legislation? let me show you my "shocked" face :-()
Thank you Mr. President
Auto sales have been a bright star in this struggling economy. Month after month, dealerships have reported surprisingly strong demand, even though consumers are still skittish about making big purchases. The industry is on pace for 13.8 million light-vehicle sales this year! People are flocking to the most popular models, lured by their utility and fuel efficiency. The Chevy's Volt is outselling the Corvette, with nearly 7,100 delivered to dealers this year, compared with about 5,500 for the Corvette.
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42488 Jun 21, 2012
Darryl Washington wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer is essentially the standard Tea Party line and is also based on a false premise. Specifically, your implying that our spending has been unconstitutional or has exceeded some constitutional limit does not make it so.
Most of us know the Tea Party position quite well by now. I was appealing to people to THINK about answers to the questions I posed.
It’s impossible to have a discussion with a radio that only receives one station, one that plays the same song continuously. It runs stagnant and is frankly unproductive.
We have been decreasing the rate of growth of our spending and that is going in the right direction to address our need to cut spending, without having to purr grandma out to pasture on an ice berg to float away and die in the cold. We cannot avoid the reality that taxing is important for paying our bills, unless one believes thee are zillionaires waiting in the wings to voluntarily share their wealth with us common folk. If you believe otherwise, look at the success of austerity programs in Europe. Feeling envious?
I really don’t like being blunt but you would do yourself a serious disservice by voting in favor of policies that would promote the rich becoming richer and the rest of us poorer.
Our spending has exceeded some constitutional limits in that we're spending Federal dollars, that have been taken from the taxpayers, and spending them on unconstitutional programs.

The problem with your metaphor of the single radio station that plays the same song, well, it's the only one that will work to turn things around. It's the only one that ever has.

Still with the same old throwing grandma off a cliff. Let me ask you something, there is no money in social security. Obama has taken out 500 Billion from Medicare, not the Republicans. The "security net" programs have to change, those abusing it need to prosecuted or at least have their taxpayer checks ended. It's not sustainable-the austerity you're seeing in Europe is the result of no one wanting to find solutions to the welfare systems-since it would mean doing the un popular thing of means testing and cutting benefits and those who can qualify for them.

Besides, there haven't been any spending CUTS in Europe, only raising taxes. There's a big difference between austerity "pledged" and austerity implemented, as it appears its more about raising taxes than cutting spending.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/europes-phantom...

Obama has decreased wealth inequality. But just like every other socialist and community policy, he has done it by destroying the wealth of others and lowering everyone's wealth. How about implementing growth policies and reforms that will enlarge the economic pie and create wealth to allow those who strive to reap what they sow?
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42489 Jun 21, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Mr. President
Auto sales have been a bright star in this struggling economy. Month after month, dealerships have reported surprisingly strong demand, even though consumers are still skittish about making big purchases. The industry is on pace for 13.8 million light-vehicle sales this year! People are flocking to the most popular models, lured by their utility and fuel efficiency. The Chevy's Volt is outselling the Corvette, with nearly 7,100 delivered to dealers this year, compared with about 5,500 for the Corvette.
It's just more smoke and mirrors.
Consider your use of the Chevy Volt as an example. You're absolutely right that there have been more Volts "delivered" to dealers. The dealers are ordering the Volts b/c they have been ordered to do so by GM. Not b/c anyone is actually buying the things. Chevy actually SUSPENDED Volt sales starting this past March b/c there was zero demand for the things.

I wouldn't be so keen at crowing car sales as good news. It seems to be another "bubble" similar to the housing market of '08. Ally Financial (formerly GM Financial) has been making loans along the same guidelines of the "no job, no income, but got a pulse? we can finance you!"

Ally Bank offers 72 month paper at 150% of invoice (to cover deficiencies in the trade) at 3% to credit scores as low as 520. Auto dealers reportedly think Ally is “insane” for underwriting such poor quality auto loans, but they are pleased that volume has increased by 20% as a result of the reformatted auto loan program.

Come on Frank, open your eyes man and take a look around every once in a while.
lol

Glasgow, KY

#42490 Jun 21, 2012
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Our spending has exceeded some constitutional limits in that we're spending Federal dollars, that have been taken from the taxpayers, and spending them on unconstitutional programs.
The problem with your metaphor of the single radio station that plays the same song, well, it's the only one that will work to turn things around. It's the only one that ever has.
Still with the same old throwing grandma off a cliff. Let me ask you something, there is no money in social security. Obama has taken out 500 Billion from Medicare, not the Republicans. The "security net" programs have to change, those abusing it need to prosecuted or at least have their taxpayer checks ended. It's not sustainable-the austerity you're seeing in Europe is the result of no one wanting to find solutions to the welfare systems-since it would mean doing the un popular thing of means testing and cutting benefits and those who can qualify for them.
Besides, there haven't been any spending CUTS in Europe, only raising taxes. There's a big difference between austerity "pledged" and austerity implemented, as it appears its more about raising taxes than cutting spending.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/europes-phantom...
Obama has decreased wealth inequality. But just like every other socialist and community policy, he has done it by destroying the wealth of others and lowering everyone's wealth. How about implementing growth policies and reforms that will enlarge the economic pie and create wealth to allow those who strive to reap what they sow?
Just goes back to the 2 ways to enslave a nation...one is by sword, the other by debt. Obama has accomplished something no other president has accomplished...he is enslaving us at warp speed. I guess being arrogant and impatient when it comes to dealing with us peons has worked out rather well for Barack Hussein Obama.
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42491 Jun 21, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say you love freedom, but did you protest when George W. Bush repealed habeas corpus and posse comitatus, rights first guaranteed by the Magna Carta in 1215.
The Tea Party movement started gaining traction under Bush, plenty of people who protested and spoke up against the Patriot Act, funny how the ones on the Left aren't criticizing it, or Obama and his fellow Dems expanding it even farther-you sure it's the Right that's the one being hypocritical?
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you’re in favor of smaller government, but you never protested when Gdub expanded it. Or when G. H.W. Bush expanded it. Or when Ronnie Reagan expanded it. Or when Nixon expanded it. Or when Eisenhower expanded it.
So, two wrongs make a right? Besides, all things in context, still, it's been creeping towards big government a little at a time, Obama's mistake has been throwing the frog into the pot with the water boiling, instead of slowly turning up the temperature. The NDAA, the power grabs of the EPA, all the "quantitative easing", etc topped off with the latest being illegal amnesty with a stroke of the dictatorial pen all while refusing to turn over documents related to the Gun Walker program. The arrogance of Obama and the Dems in power make the expansion of government and the loss of our rights and freedoms to obvious for even the dense to ignore.
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you’re in favor of democracy, but when Gdub was selected by the five members of the Supreme Court (installed by Republican presidents), one of them Dick Cheney’s close personal friend, you never protested.
lol, still harping that "bush stole the election"? On November 12, 2001, the Times reported: "Even under the strategy that Mr. Gore pursued at the beginning of the Florida standoff — filing suit to force hand recounts in four predominantly Democratic counties — Mr. Bush would have kept his lead, according to the ballot review conducted for a consortium of news organizations … The media consortium included The Times ... "
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you’re in favor of openness in government, but you never protested when Dick Cheney set the nation’s energy policy in secret in collaboration with BP, Exxon/Mobil, Halliburton, and the nation’s wealthiest energy companies, or when Cheney and his friends engineered the energy crisis in California and profited hugely.
I feel like I may see you one day walking around with a tin foil hat on your head.
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you’re patriots, but you never protested when Cheney ordered the “outing” of a covert CIA agent during a time of war — which U.S. law considers treason.
Valeria Plame? Cheney? lol, it was Richard Armitage at State, and it was known since the beginning. http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/219836...
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You never protested when the Bush administration tacitly admitted that Gdub was AWOL during a time of war which U.S. law considers a felony.
Pretty sure Dan Rather lost his job running with that make believe story, perhaps you should read up on it, most of this link cites things from factcheck.org http://old.nationalreview.com/owens/owens2004...
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You never protested when Dubya let Osama escape, when the WMDs turned out to be nonexistent, when the link between Osama and Saddam turned out to be a lie.
Osama escape? It was Bush's policies that led to Obama's ability to have him assassinated. There was no active WMD program, but a couple of tons of yellow cake uranium, 500+ chemical shells, weaponized strains of bacterial and virus samples and more. There were the multiple UN resolutions as well as Congressional authorization, that cited more than just the threat of WMD's, it also talked of states supporting terrorism, not that Iraq was behind 9/11
American Lady

Danville, KY

#42492 Jun 21, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You meant 2008 dumbass.
I "meant" what I said....BIG boy.....
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

#42494 Jun 21, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you believe in human dignity, but you never protested when you found out we were torturing people, some of whom were innocent of any crime.
I think we'll differ on what exactly counts as torture to begin with, water boarding is perfectly ok by me. As for being "innocent", name one person water boarded who was innocent. Perhaps if you're talking about "convicted" of a crime, that may be true, but Obama won't use civil courts or military tribunals, so....keep on turning the other cheek.
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you’re in favor of fiscal restraint, but you never protested when George W. Bush took a budget surplus and a national debt of $5.7 trillion to a gigantic deficit and a national debt of more than $9 trillion.
Plenty of Republicans and Conservatives were raging against Bush pushing through Medicare Part D, the Education Bill and the bailouts being the crowing achievement-of course, Democrats were screaming at Bush the whole time for not spending MORE on those programs and even more to boot. Which considering the majority of the Education bill was written by Democrats who have controlled Congress since the '06 elections, and thus, spending...who are we piling the blame for deficits on again?
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you share the values of the Founders, but you never protested when you found out the Republican government was illegally wiretapping American citizens.
So, our law enforcement agencies were listening in on calls made from the US to KNOWN terrorist, and from KNOWN terrorist to people in the US...and that's illegal? While under Obama he's expanded the program even further internationally as well as purely domestically. <yawn> sorry, you're boring me with your political hypocrisy.
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this made you angry; none of this frightened you. But you finally got angry when your lawfully elected representatives decided that all Americans deserve the right to see a doctor if they’re sick.
Lawfully elected? see the previous post about the whole ginned up "Bush stole the election" farce. Though, it would be interesting to see the Supreme Court resolved the "natural born citizen". Not about Obama's birth certificate, but concerning that Obama's father was not an American citizen.
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to get some of that health care you don’t want me to have – you make me sick!
Frankie boy, Obama's giving us all free health insurance, not health care. We're all going to have coverage, but that doesn't mean you're actually going to receive any kind of treatment lol
Look at how well the government runs the health care of our Veterans, or of that of the Native Americans. Social Security in bankrupt, so too is medicare/medicaid (in 3-8 years depending on what numbers the CBO uses), do you REALLY think you're going to get health care from the same government that is failing at the much simpler government programs?
If it was about providing health insurance and coverage, we would have allowed competition across state lines, ended coverage mandates for things like acupuncture etc that drive up base costs, instituted health saving accounts similar to 401(k)s, and found a solution to the unsustainable costs of illegal immigrants using our hospitals as their family physician-and those are the easiest, simplest fixes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr HistoricallySpeaking 133,316
Pentecostals are unfaithful (Mar '09) 2 hr how g 12
Laurel county schools 4 hr Opinion 2
for sale compound bow (Mar '09) 4 hr Thayerj914 3
basketball 4 hr jim 1
Holiness churches (Apr '12) 5 hr givemeabreak 9
How do you get EBT ? 5 hr hayslinger 1
London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster
Yahoo! Sports 9:39 AM
Dalton to replace Rodgers for Pro Bowl
NFL10:12 AM
Andy Dalton added to Pro Bowl roster
NBC Sports12:57 PM
Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton headed to his 2nd Pro Bowl
NBC Sports 3:15 AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition