I Oppose Chuck Hagel's Confirmation!

I Oppose Chuck Hagel's Confirmation!

Posted in the London Forum

Fight back

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Grassfire Alert:
Next Tuesday (Feb. 26), a pivotal vote in the Senate could have a lasting and detrimental impact on the safety and security of our nation. On that day, former Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) will again attempt to be confirmed as our nation's Secretary of Defense.
Hagel failed to get the needed 60 votes during the first attempt last week -- largely because of growing sentiment that he's a poor fit for the position and would jeopardize the security of America. He has no respect for the US Military. But since the first failed vote, President Obama and his team have dramatically stepped up pressure against those in the Senate who cast "no" votes -- making it more likely that Hagel might be confirmed in his next attempt. Hagel's confirmation should send shock waves throughout the entire nation. Even former colleagues have stepped forward to voice their opposition.
Given the tinderbox situation in the Middle East, Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) said recently, "I believe a vote in favor of Sen. Hagel would send the wrong signal to our military, the American people and to the world about America's resolve regarding the most important national-security challenges of our era. "I am unable to support Sen. Hagel to be the next Secretary of Defense because I do not believe his past positions, votes and statements match the challenges of our time, and his presentations at his hearing did nothing to ease my doubts." The moderate Republican makes a strong case against Hagel, who the Heritage Foundation says has a penchant for slighting Israel -- making anti-Semitic comments about our greatest ally, while reaching out to Iran, Syria and the Muslim Brotherhood! Hagel's "nuclear zero" policies (a world without nukes) have been panned as naive and lacking a true sense of understanding of the region.
++ URGENT ACTION NEEDED!!! With the next vote scheduled to take place on Tuesday, Grassfire is urging team members to respond in force -- opposing the Hagel nomination. Our goal is to flood Capitol Hill offices with faxes over the next five days, bolstering the resolve of heroic Senators who have yet to succumb to Obama's pressures. Go here now to schedule your faxes to key members of the Senate -- including your two Kentucky lawmakers. http://www.grassfire.com/40098/offer.asp...
Send a strong message that Chuck Hagel is the wrong choice for America. Urge the Senate to reject Hagel and work to find a suitable candidate with the needed experience and understanding to fill this vital role. America deserves better. Our military deserves better. Our allies deserve better. Take immediate action by clicking here now. http://www.grassfire.com/40098/offer.asp...
Grassfire will hold your faxes until Monday morning -- when the Senate returns from their current recess. Our goal is to flood their offices with a sea of faxes urging them to REJECT the Hagel nomination! After scheduling your faxes for delivery on Monday morning, please forward this message to your family and friends. Encourage them to take immediate action with you by going here now. http://www.grassfire.com/40098/offer.asp...
Thank you, in advance, for standing with us.
The Grassfire Team
P.S. Don't allow President Obama to pressure the Senate into accepting an unworthy and ill-equipped candidate for the Secretary of Defense -- a position that's vital to our nation's safety and security. Click here now to schedule your faxes to be among the first wave to arrive in Senate offices on Monday.
SpeakUp

Harwood Heights, IL

#2 Feb 22, 2013
LOL You'd reject Obama taking a laxative if he hadn't crapped in a week. You keep getting more and more....faded into the sunset.

You couldn't even think of a name to call your group until you following Obama's Grassroots! Trust me, you even scre-ed up on your name. Roots are the foundation for growth. Fire....well, that will simply burn you !
hehe

London, KY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Chuck Hagel is a shoe in.
The Senate is stalling his nomination for political symbolism. Their actions illustrate their continued pattern of wasted time and efforts.
No wonder they haven't done anything useful in 955 days
Chuck Hagel will be nominated - I guarantee it

hehe
hehe

London, KY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
~confirmed~

I guarantee it
hehe
meanwhile

Clarks Summit, PA

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Meanwhile, former vice-president Dick Cheney, 72, derided Obama's decision to nominate Hagel, saying the appointment is a ploy to put a Republican face on sweeping military cuts.
The libtard just have to have a scapegoat for what they do to destroy America.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22775...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
hehe

London, KY

#6 Feb 22, 2013
meanwhile wrote:
Meanwhile, former vice-president Dick Cheney, 72, derided Obama's decision to nominate Hagel, saying the appointment is a ploy to put a Republican face on sweeping military cuts.
The libtard just have to have a scapegoat for what they do to destroy America.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22775...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
If that's the case, then we can blame Republican Ben Bernanke for our economy...
President Bush appointed him, President Obama kept him on the team
LOL
your indian name is; PUTZ who gets his news from the UK

hehe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr uMoron 143,061
how is "stealing" baby body parts "woman health... 8 hr iThink 11
What choice do I have besides Hillary if Im a d... 13 hr Red2core 5
get out of my class and leave america 13 hr debbie 4
lets ban the rainbow and black power flag now 14 hr debbie 6
Want to buy land in London Fri Land looker 1
Damn Kroger Again Fri wtv 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages