Levi Jackson State Park

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
From Here

London, KY

#1 Apr 27, 2009
I would like to see our Park look better, There is limbs that has fallen from trees every where in the park, Don't anyone else thing that this should be cleaned up? Our State is not that broke. Every time I go though there it looks worse, The workers empty trash and do small things, But it really needs brush and trees cleaned up, It just looks like no one cares if debris keeps on building up.
interested

East Bernstadt, KY

#2 Apr 27, 2009
it has been like that for couple of years now. i dont understand why they dont clean it up or at least start work on it. you can go to other parks and they dont look like levi. and levi is really a pretty park when kept up better. other parks have flowers planted it makes a differnce when people from out of town or state visit. the park trys to do things with the people of laurel co to involve them. they may try asking the people of laurel co to volunteer to help clean up like they do on our lakes. surely we could help if need be. just a thought. we enjoy camping at the camp ground. our grandkids always looks forward to the crafts or whatever they do with them when we are there.
Also Interested

London, KY

#3 Apr 27, 2009
interested wrote:
it has been like that for couple of years now. i dont understand why they dont clean it up or at least start work on it. you can go to other parks and they dont look like levi. and levi is really a pretty park when kept up better. other parks have flowers planted it makes a differnce when people from out of town or state visit. the park trys to do things with the people of laurel co to involve them. they may try asking the people of laurel co to volunteer to help clean up like they do on our lakes. surely we could help if need be. just a thought. we enjoy camping at the camp ground. our grandkids always looks forward to the crafts or whatever they do with them when we are there.
I agree I would also help, But you know the State Parks represents the State, They should care about what the parks appearance is and get the State out there and clean it up right, We all pay for things like this, We don't have much here to enjoy so when we go to the park it should be very nice, Let people have something nice to say when they leave the park, Instead of oh that park is not took care of!
John John

London, KY

#4 Apr 27, 2009
Also Interested wrote:
<quoted text>I agree I would also help, But you know the State Parks represents the State, They should care about what the parks appearance is and get the State out there and clean it up right, We all pay for things like this, We don't have much here to enjoy so when we go to the park it should be very nice, Let people have something nice to say when they leave the park, Instead of oh that park is not took care of!
I have wondered why they keep letting it go, It is getting to look pretty crabby!
Harry Pothead

London, KY

#5 Apr 27, 2009
Look man a sewer runs though the park anyway. Little Laurel is nothing but London's waste water. How can people stand to take their kids down to that nasty place and feed those nasty ducks. Instead of a mill they should put a treatment plant there.
Redneck Man

London, KY

#6 Apr 27, 2009
If the state gave Levi Jackson money for maintenance, that crooked park superintendent would just use it to buy him another new truck. Money was given to the park several years ago to build a real hiking trail that went thru the wooded area of the park. Instead of using the money to build the trail as it was supposed to be built, they used a small portion to build a short section of the trail, then they just said, well, we could save this money by closing down a lane of the existing roadway and let people walk on it. Then, magically, the park super got a brand new truck, the camping area volunteer hosts all got new utility vehicles. Who knows what other luxuries the management got out of the trail money. So, don't expect the park to look like anything until they get a new park superintendent.
Debbie

Canton, OH

#7 Apr 27, 2009
everyone can do something about clean the park yourself that's what we do in our state park
Redneck Man

London, KY

#8 Apr 27, 2009
Debbie...is that the State of Denial?
Arm

London, KY

#9 Apr 27, 2009
Debbie wrote:
everyone can do something about clean the park yourself that's what we do in our state park
That's exactly right! When you leave pick up your garbage for one would definitely help! A little help goes a long way!
sss

London, KY

#10 Apr 27, 2009
he
bob

London, KY

#11 Apr 27, 2009
that were the gays hang out
interested

East Bernstadt, KY

#12 Apr 27, 2009
i think thats why so many stay away at night from levi it has gotten a bad name with everyone saying gays hang out there at night. we should go there and run them off take back our park. i know it is dark in many places now and people are scared to go there after dark. i dont know if lights are out or what the problem is. most people clean up after being there if the cans aint already running over. i do know the camp ground is kept clean we have had to clean out the fire pits a couple of times but that isnt no big deal. the park area its self needs some flowers planted or something to make it look a live again. and the area around mill needs cleaned better thats hard to do with so many ducks but everyone enjoys them so what do you do?? watch where you step. when the weather is pretty alot of people use the park with their famlies. it just needs alot of work to get all the trees cleaned up.
Ughhhh

London, KY

#13 Apr 28, 2009
Its not just at night anymore either, they are parked all over the place all the time, I go thru that way alot to get to 25 and I wouldnt even consider taking my children there for any reason and its a shame really that the kids cant enjoy the park toys that was built for them for fear of walking up on something they shouldnt see. You cant even mention Levi without someone referring to it as the gay hangout.
interested

East Bernstadt, KY

#14 Apr 28, 2009
it makes you wondering is london being taken over by gays? like people say if you are going to act in decent in public get a room no one wants to see men and women together like that in public let alone a bunch of gays. i agree with you not a good place to take kids for that reason. they are being taught in school it is alright to be gay. i dont under stand whats happening to the world we live in anymore. gays use to stay in closets to bad they still arent there. they have no shame about them is whats one of the bad things.
Broke

Somerset, KY

#15 Apr 28, 2009
The playgrounds are not being kept up either. I took my family there a few weeks ago and the monkey bars at one playground had a piece that was broken and a sharp edge sticking up. A kid could get seriously injured or killed on that. I don't understand why these things aren't being inspected on a regular basis.
Observer

London, KY

#16 Apr 28, 2009
interested wrote:
it makes you wondering is london being taken over by gays? like people say if you are going to act in decent in public get a room no one wants to see men and women together like that in public let alone a bunch of gays. i agree with you not a good place to take kids for that reason. they are being taught in school it is alright to be gay. i dont under stand whats happening to the world we live in anymore. gays use to stay in closets to bad they still arent there. they have no shame about them is whats one of the bad things.
Why should we be ashamed of who we are? Are you ashamed of who you are? Everyone has a right to love who they want to. Love is never wrong ! I wish that there was more places for the gays to hang out in and around London and the surrounding areas. There should be more night clubs in the area that cater to gays and bis only.

Fine you don't like gay people. I bet you are also against anyone that doesn't have the same color skin as you.
Debbie

Canton, OH

#17 Apr 28, 2009
Redneck Man wrote:
Debbie...is that the State of Denial?
Redneck I live in Erie Pa I clean the parks with the Church, Girlscouts. Boyscouts . What do you do for your Community???
I use to live in London Ky I do help my community instead of complaning I get off my ass and help
Redneck Man

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Apr 29, 2009
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>Redneck I live in Erie Pa I clean the parks with the Church, Girlscouts. Boyscouts . What do you do for your Community???
I use to live in London Ky I do help my community instead of complaning I get off my ass and help
Well Big Whoop City Girl. If London needs so much help, what the hell are you doing in PA? Sounds like you don't stick with anything. Just move around and desert the places that need your help and great expertise. We all know your type.
Debbie

Canton, OH

#19 Apr 29, 2009
Redneck Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Big Whoop City Girl. If London needs so much help, what the hell are you doing in PA? Sounds like you don't stick with anything. Just move around and desert the places that need your help and great expertise. We all know your type.
It's people like that make's me Glad I left Kentucky I do visit every year I shop in your stores & not Walmart I visit your state parks and water parks but you know what I won't any more and maybe I'll tell my friends not to visit Ky that will make you happy
wondering

London, KY

#20 Apr 29, 2009
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we be ashamed of who we are? Are you ashamed of who you are? Everyone has a right to love who they want to. Love is never wrong ! I wish that there was more places for the gays to hang out in and around London and the surrounding areas. There should be more night clubs in the area that cater to gays and bis only.
Fine you don't like gay people. I bet you are also against anyone that doesn't have the same color skin as you.
The color of someones skin has nothing to do with the way gays act in public. I have some very close friends that have different skin so no that doesnt bother me at all Thank you very much. I understand there isnt alot to do in london sraight or otherwise but hanging around the park hoping to get lucky isnt much of a life either. Getting on topixs looking for other gays isnt the answer either is it??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walk to Emmaus DECEPTION or NOt? (Nov '12) 10 min Elizathegreat 572
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min ChromiuMan 148,868
Laurel River Road 24 min Yeap 32
Licking 27 min Kitty cat 2
Female fwb 37 min Another girl 121
Ladys At London Bingo 41 min HaHa 13
Tim Hampton 3 hr Dangstrait 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages