First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jaime

Roselle, IL

#41 Jan 11, 2010
the only reason why i rented to own is because it builds your credit little by little
Baroose

Monroe, OH

#42 May 24, 2010
jmho wrote:
Dell has a payment plan when you purchase from them. I haven't used it, but I know someone who has.
Yes, but you have to apply for Dell to lend you the credit, and if your credit is bad, they won't lend you the credit... Just like applying for a credit card.
steve

Cynthiana, KY

#43 May 24, 2010
omg wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you but in most cases people that rent from stores like this dont have the money to buy upfront and not good enough credit to buy from Dell or Gateway,etc.The places rent to own even with bad credit and thats why business is so good.
Im not knocking this place because some people have no choice, but I can tell u where u can get t.v.s computers, etc with no interest and as cheap as walmart. The payments are a little higher but u pay it off in 5-6 payments. It is QVC, and HSN. I bought a 47in LG t.v. there for 800.00 I payed 200.00 a month for 4 months no credit check, just a bank account #
Steve

Bloomington, IL

#44 Mar 12, 2011
Anyone who claims Aarons is so great is on massive amounts of dope! We bought a bedroom outfit from them and the dresser started cracking a month after we got it from them, they said they were going to order a new one for us and 3 months later, they have done nothing but try to avoid the problem. I told them to get their junk out of my house because I wasnt paying top dollar for garbage. Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!
right

Flemingsburg, KY

#45 Mar 13, 2011
Can you get a riding lawn mower there, or is it just electronics..looking for a fairly priced riding mower for the spring/summer Anyone let me know!
Care

Klamath Falls, OR

#46 Apr 27, 2011
I saw a riding lawn mower in their most recent mailer which I received yesterday.
daylight

London, KY

#47 Apr 27, 2011
I like to rent from there I rented once on a stainless steal fridge and when I paid it off they put it on my credit report that I paid on time everytime and it helped my credit score. Now I am renting a loveseat from them and they said they would do the same as long as I continue to make my payment. This is why I rent from them plus they are easy to work with
benjr

Saginaw, MI

#48 Apr 20, 2012
i have been working with them for 3-4 yrs now!! I paid off livingroom suite, a 60" plasma and a 50" plasma. I did have a problem with them with my livingroom suite. I thought it sat too low after only 6 months. They never did replace it but they did send someone to my home to investigate my claim. I still have the furniture and it doensn't sit as low as I assumed. Some things I wouldn't purchase from them. But they are better than "rent to own". We don't have riding mowers in the Michigan area yet. But when they do, I will purchase one from them. I hear they contract with Poulan....
furniture

Ford City, PA

#49 Apr 20, 2012
When I need something I usually call the rental places to see what they have that has been repossessed and they are selling for cash.Sometimes you can get some very good deals on the used stuff.Just be sure to check it out real good to make sure nothing is wrong with it.Turn couch cushions over to check for stains or rips,that kind of thing.My neighbor bought a living room set for around $400.You do have to pay it all up front but she put hers on her credit card.
benjr

Saginaw, MI

#50 Apr 23, 2012
i went to aarons today. they will be getting in new riding mowers next week. they are mtd's yard machines. i been reading up on that brand..... i found that no one who recently purchased a yardmachine rider was satisfied with it. not knocking aaron.... but maybe mtd may not warrant their warranties. that what i see from the reviews.
Joann

Los Angeles, CA

#52 Jul 31, 2012
I understand all the things you guys are saying, and you all have valid points. What you're not keeping in mind is not everybody has the money or credit cards to go to a regular store to buy what is needed/wanted. I would love to go to a store and buy things flat out, but with little money and bad credit I don't have a choice. Anytime I'm offered a credit card it starts out at $300. As anyone knows you can't do much with that.
layaway

Manchester, KY

#53 Aug 1, 2012
I use to put everything that cost quiet a bit on layaway.I really hated when Walmart did away with layaway.I think they did it from Oct to mid Dec last year to help people with Xmas.I suppose it wasnt cost effective year around.But it was great to be able to get a computer or nice camera,etc and pay weekly or semi weekly then when you picked it up it was paid in full and all yours with no payments.I think Kmart still has layaway so that might be an option for a tv.
Of course many people dont want to wait to get something but I sure will so I dont have to make monthly payments on something.It very hard to get anything especially credit if you have a low credit score.I dont like credit cards but you almost have to have one to rent a room or rent a car if you travel so I do keep two cards open.
Brad

Ephrata, WA

#54 Aug 15, 2012
I made the mistake of buying a couch through Aarons. The plan was to do the 90 day same as cash. But my financial situation changed and i still wanted the couch. Plus I wanted it to show up on my credit. Now it is almost 2 years later . I am going to end up paying almost triple for it and I find out that all it will show on my credit is the amount I paid for it and it is paid in full. Which for a credit report. Does virtually nothing to help your credit score or give you any credit history. If you don't mind paying triple. It is a perfect way to go. If u feel u absolutely need what they have to offer. I have learned my lesson. I will save up for it, or i will go with a place that it actually improves my credit. Home center is a place I am going to for a bed now. The interest is high, but at least it will actualy improve my credit and show credit history for me. Which is right in line of my list of priorities, plus sleeping better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min ChromiuMan 131,859
Democrat Liberal party a CULT spawned by satan. (Aug '12) 8 hr Eskinder 93 7
If You Worship Your Christmas Tree, You Are SIN... 8 hr girl that loves b... 5
ppl claiming 2B christians, gambling W/bingo games 15 hr waaa 9
lost dog 17 hr Michael 13
Bank Robbery in London 21 hr Marge 1
What do UPS drivers make an hour? (Sep '11) Tue Lynn 56
London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

London News, Events & Info