child found wandering naked

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Dec 14, 2008
A 22-year-old Laurel County mother is behind bars after her 2-year-old son was found wandering her neighborhood completely naked with just a pair of shoes on. Amanda Nelson told authorities she had no idea the child was missing.

A resident in the same neighborhood who did not want to be identified, found the child and immediately brought him into his own home where he put some clothes on him and called police. Police say had that person not found the child when he did, they fear he could have died from exposure as temperatures were below freezing.

When authorities knocked on Nelson's door, they say she gave them a false name and also said that children "wander off," and that they should not be concerned. Social services investigated and placed the child with other family members.

Nelson is facing a felony charge of endangering the welfare of a minor and a misdemeanor charge of giving a false name to police. She is expected to be arraigned on Monday.

Relatives of Nelson declined an on-camera interview but say that she is a good mom and feel this has been blown out of proportion.
Clown

London, KY

#2 Dec 14, 2008
very sad

Since: Dec 08

Corbin, KY

#3 Dec 14, 2008
how can someone be a good mom if they let their child roam around outside like that! if she was such a good mother she would know where her child is, especially at that age... rediculous!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 14, 2008
omg! I went to school with Amanda Nelson...I didn't really know her though...I can't stand the thought of a baby wondering off alone...how scary!

Since: Oct 08

Mayfield, KY

#5 Dec 14, 2008
Poor little innocent children. It's such a shame.
When did it happen

London, KY

#6 Dec 14, 2008
When did this happen? I have been watching the news and this has yet to show up on there.
Is this someones idea of a crewl joke?
Clown

London, KY

#7 Dec 14, 2008
When did it happen wrote:
When did this happen? I have been watching the news and this has yet to show up on there.
Is this someones idea of a crewl joke?
go to wkyt.com they have the story
ohhhh please

AOL

#8 Dec 14, 2008
i cant wait for people to start telling how good of a mother she is...........
Who Knows

London, KY

#9 Dec 14, 2008
I guess they will throw the book at her. Of course if she had left the child in a hot vehicle and let it die from exposure she may have gotton off.
Clown

London, KY

#10 Dec 14, 2008
Who Knows wrote:
I guess they will throw the book at her. Of course if she had left the child in a hot vehicle and let it die from exposure she may have gotton off.
a grandmother nurse vs welfare mother

Corbin, KY

#11 Dec 14, 2008
Who Knows wrote:
what gets me is it's basically the same situation! i'd like to hear a good explanation on why they left that one woman off the hook!
Clown

London, KY

#12 Dec 14, 2008
Cheese Plz wrote:
<quoted text>
what gets me is it's basically the same situation! i'd like to hear a good explanation on why they left that one woman off the hook!
maybe who you know, what you do, how much money you have.
how do u know

Lexington, KY

#13 Dec 14, 2008
Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
a grandmother nurse vs welfare mother
how do you know if she is on welfare or not????

Corbin, KY

#14 Dec 14, 2008
Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe who you know, what you do, how much money you have.
that's what i'm thinkin. i think it's sad that the system is harder on those who struggle to make it than the rich people. i think it's also wrong that it depends on who you know also.
Clown

London, KY

#15 Dec 14, 2008
i'm sorry, I just read the comments on wkyt. maybe she isn't, my bad

“You Will Reap What U Sow”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 14, 2008
Cheese Plz wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU know why.it is like the one woman was saying,who was praising GOD she got away with it[she's a nurse for heaven sake shes too good to be in a place like that. think what that would do to a woman with such a high standing].our bigoted grandjury felt the same way.
Clown

London, KY

#17 Dec 14, 2008
she had old warrants against her, she lied about her name and made lite of the situation with "children wander off all the time". The nurse didn't behave that way or did she? I'm just asking don't want to offend anyone.

Corbin, KY

#18 Dec 14, 2008
was it the grandmother, mother, or both? i've heard different stories about who it was.
LOL

Waneta, KY

#19 Dec 14, 2008
Guys this woman could be a single mom working and going to school or just working. Maybe she fell asleep and the kid got out and she freaked out and gave a false name...

Why do people judge others so quickly? Someone assumed she is on welfare..... How sad.
Clown

London, KY

#20 Dec 14, 2008
I sorry for asuming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min ChromiuMan 159,449
unforgettable memories (Jan '09) 34 min Mayor Adam West 6
H&K pallets rip off 1 hr The do wap 22
Steve robinson 1 hr London ky pill head 1
where do you think tyler vaughn should play col... (Nov '10) 1 hr BobTheBuilder 4
Just Asking, Brittany Wilson (Sep '10) 2 hr BobTheBuilder 7
All about turd 2 hr hillary 26

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages