joker

London, KY

#104 Jan 23, 2009
Well I have to join in, I have never been in jail and hope to never be there but I understand that we never no what will happen, I dont break the law and Im a pretty good person, but very concerned about the living conditions of these inmates. I have been their and the whole place is nasty I think that with a little encouragment the inmates should be forced to keep the place clean and food should be eatable and the staff should be friendly if not to the inmates to their families and friends who had no control over their actions. The jail is the worst that it has ever been and hopefully there is a new jailer who not only wants the best for his staff but also the inmaties family and friends. WHen state is called the need more information than whats obviously being reported
hehe

Sheridan, AR

#105 Jan 23, 2009
does it have a website? the LCDC??
news

London, KY

#106 Jan 23, 2009
joker wrote:
Well I have to join in, I have never been in jail and hope to never be there but I understand that we never no what will happen, I dont break the law and Im a pretty good person, but very concerned about the living conditions of these inmates. I have been their and the whole place is nasty I think that with a little encouragment the inmates should be forced to keep the place clean and food should be eatable and the staff should be friendly if not to the inmates to their families and friends who had no control over their actions. The jail is the worst that it has ever been and hopefully there is a new jailer who not only wants the best for his staff but also the inmaties family and friends. WHen state is called the need more information than whats obviously being reported
It is a funny thing to me that you all throw off on the food that the jail has and say it isn't worth eating and can't be eaten, but when the jail birds come out of jail they have mended up and have gained weight and look a heck of a lot better than when they went in there! They sure must not be gaining that weight by living off of love in there. LOL
Sister

Richmond, KY

#107 Jan 23, 2009
All people make mistakes and i do not judge anyone that is in jail or has been in jail in the past...however these are people as well and deserved to be treated as well as anyone else...i have been there to visit my brother before and the floor has been so sticky that my feet stuck to it...also staph infection has been very bad there a few different inmates contracted it while there...not sure of the details but it did happen...also some of the employees there need to learn how to treat people...my brother has been kicked in the face by a guard there for no apparant reason and he isnt the only one that this has happened to...this particular guard brags about kicking people and spitting in their faces while at work...something needs to be done about him and the others that act in that manner...i believe that everyone who commits a crime should be punished in accordance with the law...however they should still be treated as human beings rather than caged animals...laurel county jail is one of the nastiest jails i have ever seen...they treat their federal inmates like royalty giving them extra pillows sheets and mats to sleep on while the state and county inmates are treated like garbage and usually the federal inmates have commited worse crimes...i hope for the state to go in and do something or for a new jailer to take over
Sister

Richmond, KY

#108 Jan 23, 2009
Also one more thing...lcdc is has the most over priced commisery for inmates ever...they wanted 40.00 for a sweat suit for my brother to wear...i wasnt allowed to take him one there that was new with tags...they wanted me to leave money in his account to buy one...what a rip off...they are greedy and money hungry...their collect calls are over priced..one of the only jails that dont allow them to buy calling cards to call there family...i will be happy when he gets moved to a more suitable facilty!!!
like me or not

Madisonville, KY

#109 Jan 25, 2009
Who knows wrote:
It is not fit for an animal.
well i think that the state should shut it down cause of the dang crap in the i have never been there but my little girls daddy is there an it's not fit for a dog an if you have never been behide the visiting booth then you need to before you say if will help you learn because i don't think it's right for my kids to catch something cause they wont clean that 90 year old building up it's called an up keep when it's broke fix it instead of look over it ! thats my input
GBC

AOL

#110 Jan 25, 2009
pissed wrote:
Let me tell you something about jail. Just because your in there, doesn't actually mean you committed a crime. I've been in there twice and I didn't do anything either time. To be put in jail, all you have to have is some dumbass go get a warrent and they will arrest you regardless if you did anything or not. The justice system is a joke.
your right all it takes is too live next door to hibitual liars that go get a warrant for you and in Laurel County if someone gets a warrant for you , you cant get back for them ,it's not right that anyone can make up a lie on a innocent person to obtain warrants for them , they should be made to get a polygraph test .i know a man who has never done no wrong to anyone , goes too work and home everyday and his neighbor got mad at him because he put up a fence and went and signed warrants on him saying he come in there yard and shot there dog, all the other neighbors know that it is not true , but still he had to go pay a lawyer and be out a lot of money for something he never done.If these people ever get a neighbor like that they will see that innocent people do go to jail .
human being

Middlesboro, KY

#111 Jan 25, 2009
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed!
I hope for your sake with your inhuman views that none of your family ever ends up in there. Sorry, we are not perfect like you. I am law abiding, but I also believe that people should have the right not to sleep on a cold concrete floor, with no blanket, no pillow, and laying in filth. You better not curse at anyone, write a bad check byaccident or cross anyone, cause that little 15.00 dollar warrant will land your "no mercy" butt right in there with em. Get some education.
Concerned

Sheridan, AR

#113 Feb 8, 2009
Sister wrote:
All people make mistakes and i do not judge anyone that is in jail or has been in jail in the past...however these are people as well and deserved to be treated as well as anyone else...i have been there to visit my brother before and the floor has been so sticky that my feet stuck to it...also staph infection has been very bad there a few different inmates contracted it while there...not sure of the details but it did happen...also some of the employees there need to learn how to treat people...my brother has been kicked in the face by a guard there for no apparant reason and he isnt the only one that this has happened to...this particular guard brags about kicking people and spitting in their faces while at work...something needs to be done about him and the others that act in that manner...i believe that everyone who commits a crime should be punished in accordance with the law...however they should still be treated as human beings rather than caged animals...laurel county jail is one of the nastiest jails i have ever seen...they treat their federal inmates like royalty giving them extra pillows sheets and mats to sleep on while the state and county inmates are treated like garbage and usually the federal inmates have commited worse crimes...i hope for the state to go in and do something or for a new jailer to take over
You should report that guard to the proper authorities. There are guards there that do mistreat inmates,not all of them, but some. And they should be stopped but the jailer is just as bad. You definately don't want to go through him, they are good at covering up what they do to people. In some cases the guards are worse criminals than the inmates.
Family

London, KY

#114 Feb 9, 2009
A member of my family will be going their soon. For the H/W housing. I hope it goes good. Would rather he do his stay in prision, than their. Is it that bad? He was just in for pot charges.Also he has to get a job. Go to AA meetings. Can any one tell me some info one that. So I can tell him what to expect. It's only for 6mo.Thanks
drug free

Mayfield, KY

#115 Feb 9, 2009
bring back the chane gang, then mamas boys will have something to cry about.
change

Sheridan, AR

#116 Feb 9, 2009
london wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN, anyone but Jack..
Tim Smallwood for Jailor!!
london

London, KY

#117 Feb 10, 2009
Tim Smallwood would be an excellent jailor!!! I wish he would run. He would get that nasty place cleaned up and get rid of the trash working there who shouldn't be!!!
lied on

Somerset, KY

#118 Feb 10, 2009
pissed wrote:
Let me tell you something about jail. Just because your in there, doesn't actually mean you committed a crime. I've been in there twice and I didn't do anything either time. To be put in jail, all you have to have is some dumbass go get a warrent and they will arrest you regardless if you did anything or not. The justice systemis a joke.
i know for a fact someone can lie and you can go to jail it happened to me i swear i did nothing but spent 24 hours in that nasty jail in london it was awful
farmer

Sheridan, AR

#119 Feb 10, 2009
The jail really does need to be investigated from someone in Frankfort,due to the way things are being run and the way people are treated.The jail is nasty!
lied on

Somerset, KY

#120 Feb 10, 2009
i also had a physco sister in law swear a lie on that i threarened her i pulled 24 hours in jail and had to go to court several times for somthing i never did to start with
hello

Jamestown, KY

#121 Feb 17, 2009
does anyone know Ronald Eugene Whitaker? Heard he was in jail and was wondering if it was true.
just wondering

East Bernstadt, KY

#122 Feb 17, 2009
some of those guards are nice. But for the ones who things because they are a sworn in duputy there big stuff sorry no go.
sunny

Manchester, KY

#123 Feb 18, 2009
i've been there and done that.it is a pig pen and bologna sandwhiches on stal bread.i would'nt wish my worst enemy there.
Ghandi

Pikeville, KY

#124 Feb 18, 2009
we the people have the power to change things, instead of worry about whats going on in washington. we need to take more intrest in local poltics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr dollarsbill 132,148
KU Customers! 5 hr juiceman 14
Joyce Meyer-the multimillionaire hypocrite (Oct '10) 9 hr far away 112
any restaurants open 12 hr harley 2
Murder Investigation in McCreary County 16 hr jfj 2
Hold IRS, And Present Administration Accountable! 17 hr been there 14
Looking to rent a one bedroom!! Wed Amanda 1
London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

London News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in London

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"