child left in car
sympathy

Paris, KY

#21 Jun 25, 2012
I too have the the thought how do you forget your child in the car , however we are human and yes its terriable but but the sad thing is that dad could have had anything on his mind, you just never know ppl!! Im so glad this lil child is okay THANK YOU LORD!!!
no way

London, KY

#22 Jun 25, 2012
Why wrote:
Why didn't Linda Long go to jail? Or did she?
NO SHE DID NOT,she worked for a high class heart doctor in london,he bailed her out in 2 seconds.grandjury didn't indict her altho it did go before the grandjury.If they die you won't see jail,probably because they figure you have suffered enough,but from my veiwpoint it is the same crime if they live or die,if it is a crime to forget them for 2 hours,how about LONG forgetting 8 hours?Same thing only 10 times worse.
WTF

United States

#23 Jun 25, 2012
no way wrote:
<quoted text>NO SHE DID NOT,she worked for a high class heart doctor in london,he bailed her out in 2 seconds.grandjury didn't indict her altho it did go before the grandjury.If they die you won't see jail,probably because they figure you have suffered enough,but from my veiwpoint it is the same crime if they live or die,if it is a crime to forget them for 2 hours,how about LONG forgetting 8 hours?Same thing only 10 times worse.
Agree. She was arrested but, not convicted. I read that The Commonwealth Attorney said he would not be able to find a jury to convict her. Anyone who would 'forget' their child or grandchild in a hot car for hours so never see day light again. Linda Long should still be in jail for leaving that little boy in that car for 9 hours to cook..
No Excuse

Bolivar, MO

#24 Jun 25, 2012
Everyone should just make a habit to look in the back seat even if you don't have kids with you all the time. It only takes a second to glance back. Make it a daily habit and maybe this would stop.
Law Dog

Manchester, KY

#25 Jun 25, 2012
I have been told....that no official is suppose to give their opinion of an incident until investigated because it can taint a jury ..because they will remember the word " although it was a accident" I have not watched the interview...but I would certainly doubt a case of this magnitude would have been judged an accident by a police official! If so then "is this grounds for a change of venue". I would think no Official made such a statement!
meeeee wrote:
Dad arrested after tot is left in hot car
WKYT's Elizabeth Dorsett broke this story at 5 p.m. She pulled onto the scene on Main Street in London just as crews were loading the little boy into the back of the ambulance.
Crews were frantic in the parking lot of PCB Insurance after a 9-1-1 call came in at 12:36 in the afternoon. Police say 33-year-old Kenneth Robinson had left his two and a half year old son in the car for as long as two hours.
"Me and my girlfriend were inside there and this man came running in with a little boy in his arms," explained Jonathan Northern, who witnessed the ordeal. "The little boy was all red in the face."
Northern was inside the insurance company where Robinson, a father of two, works. Police say this morning, Robinson had gone home mid morning to pick up the little boy and was supposed to take him to daycare. But police believe he got distracted and went straight back to work. The child was left sitting for as many as two hours in his black sedan with tinted windows.
"The boy was limp, he wasn't moving at all," Northern said.
"It was in the nineties outside," Chief Stewart Walker of the London Police Department said. "We think it was over 100 degrees in the car."
With heat like this, Walker believes the child only had moments more to live. He says the child was alert when he was whisked away to the hospital and should be ok. He says although this was a accident, Robinson was placed under arrest and charged with wanton endangerment.
Robinson declined our request for an interview. He bonded out of jail early Monday evening. Police believe the case will be sent to a grand jury
His nuts needs to be cut off & hung up to dry & he should have to watch them being cut off without any kind of medicine to ease the pain...
no way

London, KY

#26 Jun 25, 2012
READ the cases around here,anyway,it never used to happen,but ever since she was not even made to pay one iota,how many cases have we had ?That grandjury sent a message to the public,[if you kill your child we will pity you,most everyone will feel sorry for you,you will not be made to pay.But they do not have the same mercy on the parents if the child lives,because the public sees the suffering a living child is going through,while the dead child suffered much ,much more,the dead can tell no tales no one cares,after all they're dead.It's over nothing can be done,but by all that is Holy we will send a message to the parents of a living child,that is so hypocritical it would be funny if not so serious.Everyone who does this ought to have to take parenting classes,but if the child dies,there should be no sympathy for the one who killed them,left them to die,they should at the very least be treated as bad as a drunk driver who kills.After all they didn't intend to kill either,but the results are the same.Our court systems are so messed up it is pitiful.
Carrie Williams

Leesburg, FL

#27 Jun 25, 2012
Have we really become so nasty & cold hearted that we crucify a man we don't even know based on a 45 second news report? If you are priviledged to know this family and can look on their facebook account, you see picture after picture of this man hugging & kissing his kids and his wife. This isn't some "weekend dad" that is used to being a single man, and forgot that today he has to play "Daddy". Any of us that are friends with them will tell you that this is a man whose family is his life - he rarely is without his wife & boys at his side, and he made one regretable mistake. Noone watching that news cast is without fault. We have all made horrible mistakes that we regret instantly & wish we could erase - his just happens to have been plastered all over the news so that a news station gets money from ratings. Really? Have you stopped to think that since his son was responsive when Scott found him, he could have taken him home with a bottle of Gatorade and a cold towel, and hid from all this. Instead, he was thinking of his son when he rushed inside and yelled for someone to call 911 - just in case. You know he knew what the outcome would be for himself. On the news cast you see him distressed over what has happened, and once his lil man is safely taken in the ambulance, he willingly walks in cuffs into custody. THAT is an act of high class & honor.... NOT slandering someone on a gossip website with words that make you too ashamed to even sign your name onto your comment. Maybe instead we should be praying for this family and showing them support in their time of need. I know I will be.
Well

Clarkson, KY

#28 Jun 25, 2012
Carrie Williams wrote:
Have we really become so nasty & cold hearted that we crucify a man we don't even know based on a 45 second news report? If you are priviledged to know this family and can look on their facebook account, you see picture after picture of this man hugging & kissing his kids and his wife. This isn't some "weekend dad" that is used to being a single man, and forgot that today he has to play "Daddy". Any of us that are friends with them will tell you that this is a man whose family is his life - he rarely is without his wife & boys at his side, and he made one regretable mistake. Noone watching that news cast is without fault. We have all made horrible mistakes that we regret instantly & wish we could erase - his just happens to have been plastered all over the news so that a news station gets money from ratings. Really? Have you stopped to think that since his son was responsive when Scott found him, he could have taken him home with a bottle of Gatorade and a cold towel, and hid from all this. Instead, he was thinking of his son when he rushed inside and yelled for someone to call 911 - just in case. You know he knew what the outcome would be for himself. On the news cast you see him distressed over what has happened, and once his lil man is safely taken in the ambulance, he willingly walks in cuffs into custody. THAT is an act of high class & honor.... NOT slandering someone on a gossip website with words that make you too ashamed to even sign your name onto your comment. Maybe instead we should be praying for this family and showing them support in their time of need. I know I will be.
I totally agree except the part of an "act of high class and honor", and have never walked in his shoes so I can't express any opinion of what happened or forgetting his child or feelings he has or anything, But I do know this, because of his friendship with the Commonwealth Attorney it will never see the light of day for prosecution. And before anyone goes and starts screaming in was an accident, trust me there have been MANY crimes prosecuted because of an accident.
Law Dog

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Jun 25, 2012
I feel a great deal of pity for this man....Thank God he wasn't a "weekend Dad".....

There are alot of Weekend Dads that deserve awards! They provide child support and get no credit for things bought out of the money spent. A "weekend" Dad is a Dad that is getting his Children!

Thank God this man called 911........But other's that simply call 911 have been accused of much worse in the media and in the court rooms of Laurel County.

I am praying for this man and his child. But I am praying for the Justice system. I still believe in the Justice System!!!!!!But let in br for the people and show no difference in full time fathers and "weekend" Dads!
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree except the part of an "act of high class and honor", and have never walked in his shoes so I can't express any opinion of what happened or forgetting his child or feelings he has or anything, But I do know this, because of his friendship with the Commonwealth Attorney it will never see the light of day for prosecution. And before anyone goes and starts screaming in was an accident, trust me there have been MANY crimes prosecuted because of an accident.
WTF

Itta Bena, MS

#30 Jun 25, 2012
Carrie Williams wrote:
Just because I don't post my name on topix does not mean I am ashamed of the way I feel. Just because people post pictures of their children on facebook does not mean they are wonderful parent's, I know parents who post them all the time & they are deadbeat's. & why should we the public hold this man in high class & honor because he 'walked into cuffs'? Murderers & criminals turn theirself in all the time. This father done wrong & should have been arrested.
This has happend so many times in London. & they all use Linda Long's excuse. I forgot, If you have got so much going on in your life that you could put your 2 yr old child in the back seat of your car & afew minutes later 'forget' that you put him/her there, something is bad wrong. In my opinion,
The new's station just want's more money & ratings? Are you kidding me? This child nearly died, It should be all over the new's. WTF are you making excuses for this man? There is NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT HE DONE TODAY TO HIS 2 YR OLD SON.
Law Dog

Elizabethtown, KY

#31 Jun 25, 2012
The case should be handled by facts and evidence and protocol. NOt by how important or how unimportant an individual is.

This case should not be played out on Topix. My family has went through H<<LL because of Topix and people yelling "burn at the stake"!

Justice is a sytem that was created to treat people equal. It is a system that can work if we let it. We have the right as individuals of the United States to demand a fair trial. To demand equal treatment for all! We all have that right! It should not be based on how good a attorney is...It should be based on how good the Laws are!
Carrie Williams wrote:
Law Dog

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 Jun 25, 2012
Wanton endangerment, A Class D felony in Kentucky. KRS 532.060 provides for a prison sentence of one to five years for a Class D felony.

THe London City Police did their JOB! They have to do their Job....

Prayers for Everyone involved.

Through every test is a testimoney...this man may end up being the best advocate in Kentucky for this cause!
WTF

United States

#33 Jun 25, 2012
Unless he takes a plea deal he probably wont get any time if its up to a jury. Look what happen to Linda Long. NOTHING.
She left her grandson in her car to cook for 9 hours & was arrested, the grand jury did not convict her.
This has happend countless times since then.
Apparently the Commonwealth don't take leaving your child or grandchild in a hot car for hours to cook is a very serious offense.
HeartsofLove

Miami, FL

#34 Jun 26, 2012
WTF wrote:
Unless he takes a plea deal he probably wont get any time if its up to a jury. Look what happen to Linda Long. NOTHING.
She left her grandson in her car to cook for 9 hours & was arrested, the grand jury did not convict her.
This has happend countless times since then.
Apparently the Commonwealth don't take leaving your child or grandchild in a hot car for hours to cook is a very serious offense.
You act like its only this state or this town.Its like that everywhere.There are really no set laws specifically for this.
People are to busy with way to much on their mind.Times are hard and yes we can forget the most important things in the world to us under certain circumstances.Stress levels of most people are through the roof.
There is no way this could happen to someone that they wouldnt re-live that horrible memory for the rest of their life.Its easy to set back and judge and rant and yell which serves no purpose.I will never do that simply because it can happen to anyone under a circumstance.I really feel that the people that jump on here with that same old song and dance will be put in a circumstance to show them just how wrong they are.I hope not but thats usually what happens when a person takes over Gods job.He puts them back in their place.
I think this man was devastated.I think Mrs Long will be devastated for the rest of her life regardless of how all knowing some want to be. I did read a positive today and that was new products are coming out that will remind people if someone or something is left in a vehicle,etc.Those products cant come soon enough.I know this family has to be going through he11 over this and counting their blessings that the dad wont have to live with what Mrs Long is.
WTF

United States

#35 Jun 26, 2012
I am not judging anyone. I will continue to 'rant' until the Commonwealth take's leaving a child in a hot car for hours alittle more serious. Im aware that it happens all over the world. I live in London Ky..ok?
It has happend twice in the past month.
Im sure you are the same person afew months back that was saying 'karma' would get me & the same thing can happen to me. Because I brought up Linda Long. I really don't value your opinion on me..ok? So save it.
If the Commonwealth would have made a example out of Linda Long this probably wouldn't happen as often as it does. At least not in London.
Daddy

London, KY

#36 Jun 26, 2012
Cell Phones Cell Phones Cell Phones ,people gets on their Cell Phones and forget where thy are ,where thy are going and seams like they even forget they are driving a car. What could have been so important to make a person forget their child when thy are just going from point A to point B to drop the child off. People stay off the cell phones so you can keep your mind on what you are suppose to be doing. Too many children being left in cars and too many wrecks because people have to keep in touch while driving.
Just me

London, KY

#37 Jun 26, 2012
WTF wrote:
I am not judging anyone. I will continue to 'rant' until the Commonwealth take's leaving a child in a hot car for hours alittle more serious. Im aware that it happens all over the world. I live in London Ky..ok?
It has happend twice in the past month.
Im sure you are the same person afew months back that was saying 'karma' would get me & the same thing can happen to me. Because I brought up Linda Long. I really don't value your opinion on me..ok? So save it.
If the Commonwealth would have made a example out of Linda Long this probably wouldn't happen as often as it does. At least not in London.
All you have done is judge. You can't even put your real name on your rants. I realize you're perfect and would never make a mistake, but you have no idea the circumstances behind any of these cases. The fact you aren't man/woman enough to put you real name behind your accusations speaks volumes. I am personally sick of your crap you continue to spew on here.
Law Dog

Elizabethtown, KY

#38 Jun 26, 2012
I hope this insurance salesman did not have life insurance on his child......because lowlifes will start yelling """premeditated " What did he have to gain....... blah blah blah.......(again lowlifes).

The Police did their Job,,,,A man is devasted...He called 911 and he was booked in Laurel County Detention Center.

Case Closed!

There are cases everyday in which hit close to home with Children. But this man will be offered the same benefit of trial or plea just like a parent would if they were cooking Meth in a home with Children. This is not favortism people....its called "the court of Law"!

My opinion nothing less nothing more!
goodpost

London, KY

#39 Jun 26, 2012
HeartsofLove wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like its only this state or this town.Its like that everywhere.There are really no set laws specifically for this.
People are to busy with way to much on their mind.Times are hard and yes we can forget the most important things in the world to us under certain circumstances.Stress levels of most people are through the roof.
There is no way this could happen to someone that they wouldnt re-live that horrible memory for the rest of their life.Its easy to set back and judge and rant and yell which serves no purpose.I will never do that simply because it can happen to anyone under a circumstance.I really feel that the people that jump on here with that same old song and dance will be put in a circumstance to show them just how wrong they are.I hope not but thats usually what happens when a person takes over Gods job.He puts them back in their place.
I think this man was devastated.I think Mrs Long will be devastated for the rest of her life regardless of how all knowing some want to be. I did read a positive today and that was new products are coming out that will remind people if someone or something is left in a vehicle,etc.Those products cant come soon enough.I know this family has to be going through he11 over this and counting their blessings that the dad wont have to live with what Mrs Long is.
You stated a very postive post. Our lives are way too busy and stressful.
Thanks

Houston, AR

#40 Jun 26, 2012
Carrie Williams wrote:
Thanks Ms. Williams for your comments... Scott and his beautiful family are in my thoughts and prayers... We love and support you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hillary extravagant lifestyle 21 min The Donald 4
Walk to Emmaus DECEPTION or NOt? (Nov '12) 1 hr Elizathegreat 574
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Patrick 148,873
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 8 hr tired of it all 9,236
Cheating at Kroger 9 hr Worker 7
Laurel River Road 12 hr Noseceret 33
Fatgirl 13 hr Another girl 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages