Regency Cinema 8
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
thedude

London, KY

#1 Aug 22, 2008
I'm new to Topix, so if this has already been covered then I apologize. Us Londoners have been watching movies at Regency for years. The prices have jacked and the theaters themselves could be mistaken for a bigger, smellier bathroom. 4 out of the last 6 times I've went, I've had to endure technical difficulties, whether it be the sound cutting off or missing the first 3 previews to the movie (and I love f**king previews). The movie selection has always been piss poor, but this is London and I'll fight that battle after I can get 3 chairs together that aren't as broken as Arnold's English. For "The Dark Knight", they had the name posted on their sign as "Batm n". They have fixed this problem by completely bypassing that and not posting movie listings on the sign anymore. I understand thinking at the margin, but some customer satisfaction is dire. I think there is more human fluid on the floors than a gay bed and breakfast. Tri-County, you just got a new customer.

Since: Aug 08

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 22, 2008
the corbin movies are nice. If regancy gets bad enough they will loose business and be forced to up the quality.
thedude

London, KY

#3 Aug 22, 2008
NA KIRBY wrote:
the corbin movies are nice. If regancy gets bad enough they will loose business and be forced to up the quality.
no they won't. they are bad enough. the place is a rathole and constantly packed. there is nowhere else in town and most of us hate corbin. pretty soon people will sit in indian style on the floor watching the newest robin williams movie with the sound going in and out while middle schoolers bang even younger middle schoolers and throw gummy bears at the screen. at least you wont have to walk your trash to the garbage can anymore...the whole place has morphed into a giant trash can. no more piss breaks...you can relieve yourself right in the floor (people have actually done this).
i support satan

London, KY

#4 Aug 22, 2008
i just wish they would fix the restrooms. like one door locks in the girls restroom. they should have used the money for the arcade on repairs and updates. but im sure the arcade brings in a lot of money.
Dog Meat

Schaumburg, IL

#5 Aug 22, 2008
In taling with Mike Hensley, the manager, they have a new cleaning company and have ordered some new seats. They are trying to correct the problems that are being listed on here. The movie lineup comes from what movies are released by the movie compines. They have done some painting and pressure cleaning outside also. The sign was damaged by some summer storms and a sign company is making a new sign for the road. There is a sign on the outside of the building that list the movies and times.
disgusting

London, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2008
If the manager would get off of her lazy ass and make the employees do their job then the place wouldnt be so nasty. The bathrooms are so disgusting your best bet would to be go to speedway during intermission.
DUDE

Lexington, KY

#7 Aug 22, 2008
Call Greg Arena the owner. He will gladly talk to you.
yep

Corbin, KY

#8 Aug 22, 2008
I used to work a RC8 years ago. First, Stella is not lazy, she WILL make you work your tail off. Second, I do know that they only do a full cleaning of the actual theater once in the spring. I have personally scrapped those chairs and they are nasty. And Greg Arena is not the "owner", he is a silent partener along with several other people in the community. And if he is like the the rest, he only wants his dividend check. Not the worries of actually running the place. And making the necessary improvements would cut into the dividend check. But I agree, something needs to be done.
Megan Fields

Lexington, KY

#9 Aug 22, 2008
well they make us look like even bigger hicks by not being able to correctly put letters on the sign. for someone with ocd like me its really annoying and its hard to even see whats playing.
Dog Meat

Schaumburg, IL

#10 Aug 22, 2008
I know one of the owners and he is trying to change things. It is starting to look and be cleaner. I do know that the managers have been told to get it in shape or they would be looking for a job.
Dont worry about it

London, KY

#11 Sep 1, 2008
disgusting wrote:
If the manager would get off of her lazy ass and make the employees do their job then the place wouldnt be so nasty. The bathrooms are so disgusting your best bet would to be go to speedway during intermission.
First off i work there and i love it. it is the greatest job i could ever ask for. Yes it is a lil run down. i mean heck it has been there for 15 years. what do you expect?? We work our butts off. Stella is amazing. mike is kinda hateful but a joy to be around. If silly kids actually cared about how they treated the place (the only place in london worth hanging out at) then maybe it wouldnt be so bad. they are trying i mean you have to have money...Yes we are getting new seats, a new sign, cleaning crew is new, the workers i assure can get lazy but we all do our fair share. mind your own buisness and actually know what you are talking about before you ramble on..
WE ARE TRYING.
Gregg Arena

Choudrant, LA

#12 Sep 1, 2008
There are many improvements currently in place for the near future. Including new seating in two of the larger theaters and major repairs in seating in other theaters. A lot of money was spent on the new eighth screen which holds 350 people. That auditorium is so state of the art that few like it exist in this state. We have changed our cleaning service and continue to work with keeping the bathrooms clean as this is a priority. The sign by the road is being replaced by a newer electronic sign. Please respect the property so that we can all enjoy a pleasant experience. If you see people damaging the property, let either me or the manager know. We are working hard to provide quality entertainment facility locally. We thank you for your continued business.
Regency8

London, KY

#13 Sep 1, 2008
Greg, It is a great idea to make improvments to the theater, maybe you should begin by getting rid of the current managers who allow teenagers to smoke pot and have sex in the theaters. Stella is rude not only to the staff, but to customers as well as the parents of employees. I have seen Stella "chew-out" an employee in the middle of the hallway...very unprofessional! Pete smokes pot with the underage workers and other customers/teenagers, sometime inside empty theaters. The place is practically a drug/ crack house. This is not hearsay, it has been witnessed first hand. Pete also, will give free passes to girls who have large breasts hanging out of their shirts and will flirt back with him. There is a lot to be said for having a "good" professional managment team in place. Also, Treating employees with respect, especially in front of customers, is key to the positive reputation of a business.
never shutup

United States

#14 Sep 2, 2008
I think Regency Cinema needs to have ushers, or someone to check on people during the movies so they can catch people being disrespectful and kick their butts out... When you leave teenagers alone in a dark room and nobody ever checks in on them, they'll do "God knows what". If I were watching a movie, someone walking through checking on things wouldn't bother me a bit..
Do u have a clue

London, KY

#15 Sep 2, 2008
How many of you people who just want to complain and bitch have ever spoke up when you have seen people at the theater leave their trash, make a mess or tear something up. The people who work at the theater don't make the messes, the people who go to the movies do. You see someone smoking pot or doing something illegal, report i to the theater so they can be ask to leave or arrested You want to complain about prices, how do you think the employee's get paid? The theater is not a daycare. Complain about the parents dropping kids off with no supervision.
If you don't want to pay, then how can you expect to get quality service?
HMM

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Sep 2, 2008
thedude wrote:
I'm new to Topix, so if this has already been covered then I apologize. Us Londoners have been watching movies at Regency for years. The prices have jacked and the theaters themselves could be mistaken for a bigger, smellier bathroom. 4 out of the last 6 times I've went, I've had to endure technical difficulties, whether it be the sound cutting off or missing the first 3 previews to the movie (and I love f**king previews). The movie selection has always been piss poor, but this is London and I'll fight that battle after I can get 3 chairs together that aren't as broken as Arnold's English. For "The Dark Knight", they had the name posted on their sign as "Batm n". They have fixed this problem by completely bypassing that and not posting movie listings on the sign anymore. I understand thinking at the margin, but some customer satisfaction is dire. I think there is more human fluid on the floors than a gay bed and breakfast. Tri-County, you just got a new customer.
OMG. U just made my day so much brighter. But I totaly agree. That place is freakin gross for the price they charge.
HMM

Dahlonega, GA

#17 Sep 2, 2008
Dont worry about it wrote:
<quoted text>
First off i work there and i love it. it is the greatest job i could ever ask for. Yes it is a lil run down. i mean heck it has been there for 15 years. what do you expect?? We work our butts off. Stella is amazing. mike is kinda hateful but a joy to be around. If silly kids actually cared about how they treated the place (the only place in london worth hanging out at) then maybe it wouldnt be so bad. they are trying i mean you have to have money...Yes we are getting new seats, a new sign, cleaning crew is new, the workers i assure can get lazy but we all do our fair share. mind your own buisness and actually know what you are talking about before you ramble on..
WE ARE TRYING.
Hey us little kids.. News flash its not our job to make sure we treat the theater with respect so that the employees don't have 2 do nothing.
JUST BE HONEST

Commerce, GA

#18 Sep 2, 2008
GREGG
I know for a fact that sex and pot goes on , just friday night this was happening.... In not one theater but two... The kids are dealing in the back in betweenthe aisles before the movies...I saw it with my own eyes.... and the sex well, i walked in on it..sorry.....but i would drive the extra miles to corbin .......
Regency8 wrote:
Greg, It is a great idea to make improvments to the theater, maybe you should begin by getting rid of the current managers who allow teenagers to smoke pot and have sex in the theaters. Stella is rude not only to the staff, but to customers as well as the parents of employees. I have seen Stella "chew-out" an employee in the middle of the hallway...very unprofessional! Pete smokes pot with the underage workers and other customers/teenagers, sometime inside empty theaters. The place is practically a drug/ crack house. This is not hearsay, it has been witnessed first hand. Pete also, will give free passes to girls who have large breasts hanging out of their shirts and will flirt back with him. There is a lot to be said for having a "good" professional managment team in place. Also, Treating employees with respect, especially in front of customers, is key to the positive reputation of a business.
JUST BE HONEST

Commerce, GA

#19 Sep 2, 2008
The passes is also true, my neice who let me say is a 'knock out' was given 6 free passes by a male that works there and ask if she would look him up when she brought her friends back for some action !!! No names here mentioned... Needless to say , she gave me the tickets ...
Gregg Arena

Choudrant, LA

#20 Sep 2, 2008
Thank you for the comments. We have addressed these problems and as we speak, they are being taken care of. If any one of you have more concerns regarding the facility, please feel free to contact me here at this message board or at grarena@yahoo.com. For those that know me, they know that if there is a problem, I will take care of it. We hope that your future experiences at the theater is more pleasant and if they are not, please let one of our managers know or me at either one of the sites listed. For those of you that feel that negativity is more important than change and improvement, I hope that we make the changes needed so that even you can enjoy the facility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump ! Mitchy ! 2 hr Truth comes out 7
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,754
Bobby taylor 2 hr Bobby Taylor 2
If your poor you live in Ca. 2 hr Me again 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Duh 171,878
Debt By 43 Presidents VS Debt By Obama 9 hr Massacre z 20
Dr, William Pratt (Mar '09) 10 hr Former patient 49

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages