First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Manchester, KY

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Is it possible to find out why someone was in prison years ago? Like probably 70s? I mean its so easy to look up a current inmate in a county jail now but what about old past inmates in a federal prison.
agree

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 4, 2012
public records in a courthouse of the county where the trial was, can help you find answers.
lookin up

East Bernstadt, KY

#3 Oct 4, 2012
meto

Pikeville, KY

#4 Oct 4, 2012
Curious wrote:
Is it possible to find out why someone was in prison years ago? Like probably 70s? I mean its so easy to look up a current inmate in a county jail now but what about old past inmates in a federal prison.
I have been trying to do the same thing! the website someone listed above, will give you dates they were released, but dosent rell you what prison they were in or what they were in prison for. These leads always take me to a site where you have to pay for more information. If anyone knows how to find this information for free, I too would greatly appreciate the information. Thanks.
Curious Too

Sheridan, AR

#5 Oct 4, 2012
meto wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been trying to do the same thing! the website someone listed above, will give you dates they were released, but dosent rell you what prison they were in or what they were in prison for. These leads always take me to a site where you have to pay for more information. If anyone knows how to find this information for free, I too would greatly appreciate the information. Thanks.
Go ask them why they were in prison.
meto

Pikeville, KY

#6 Oct 4, 2012
Curious Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah real smart. They are going to tell you they are a child molester.
lookin up

East Bernstadt, KY

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Sometimes you can find information by using your search engine; just type in the person's name and town/states where they lived/year, etc. Sometimes you can find newspaper articles that way.
Curious

Somerset, KY

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Curious Too wrote:
<quoted text>
They're dead. Thanks.

But thanks to everyone with real help. Unfortunately I do not know the county or even really the state of the trial. And apparently it was before 82 because nothing comes up with the site mentioned above. Thanks again.
inmate

Somerset, KY

#9 Oct 5, 2012
Curious wrote:
http://www.inmatesplus.com/
Mark

Somerset, KY

#10 Oct 5, 2012
meto wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah real smart. They are going to tell you they are a child molester.
They have to register if that's what they did,check their name ,if they arenot registered then they are not.Sounds like you might think you are in love with someone but can't trust them to be honest with you.If that is the case your relationship is doomed to start with,if you know any of their friends or most relatives will tell you the truth.Unless you are just being nosy,if that is the case,just forget it,myob.
meto

Pikeville, KY

#11 Oct 5, 2012
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>They have to register if that's what they did,check their name ,if they arenot registered then they are not.Sounds like you might think you are in love with someone but can't trust them to be honest with you.If that is the case your relationship is doomed to start with,if you know any of their friends or most relatives will tell you the truth.Unless you are just being nosy,if that is the case,just forget it,myob.
Hahaha! You could not be farther from the truth!The only person I am in love with is my spouse of many many years. I only used 'child molester' as an example. They could also be a robber, murderer, or drug dealer.Has nothing to do with being nosey, just safe. Not that I needed your opinion or asked for it,but, just so you know, the abbreviation for 'my opinion,' would be 'myop' not'myob" since opinion is spelled with a p and not a b.Still feel so smart?
tree limb

Williamsburg, KY

#12 Oct 5, 2012
myob=mind your own business..
meto

Pikeville, KY

#13 Oct 6, 2012
tree limb wrote:
myob=mind your own business..
Thanks!lol! My bad!So 'Mark' needs to take his own advice and myob.lol!Since he knows nothing about mine and who I am in love with and WHY I might be interested in why someone was in prison.The reason someone started this thread was because just like myself, they needed help in finding links to why someone was in prison. As always there has to be an idiot clear out on left field that has their opionions.
Convict

London, KY

#14 Oct 6, 2012
Been in prison twice. First for income taxes, the second time for really hurting a nosy sob, who stuck their nose where it did not belong. A person who has done their time should be left alone and my advise is you do that. A released convict has enough problems without nosy people stirring things up years later.
meto

Pikeville, KY

#15 Oct 6, 2012
Convict wrote:
Been in prison twice. First for income taxes, the second time for really hurting a nosy sob, who stuck their nose where it did not belong. A person who has done their time should be left alone and my advise is you do that. A released convict has enough problems without nosy people stirring things up years later.
Sorry if you call wanting to know if a child molester,murderer, or robber is living next door to my family being nosey.I don't think I want to take someones advice who has been to prison twice already.I think I can do quite well myself.It is public record and I know all you convicts want to cry about your rights, but my family has a right to feel safe at home.It sounds like you didn't learn anything the first time so MY advise to all slow learners is straighten up your act and change your attitude or you will be going back again. Stop blaming other people for what YOU did. A nosey person isn't to blame. You are responsible for your actions.
Convict

London, KY

#16 Oct 6, 2012
I don't blame anyone for what happened 35 years ago, except myself. And I ain't crying about my rights. In fact I am glad it all happened because I decided to get serious about life, and have made a lot in money and raised 2 kids who finished college and do well. But regardless, it was difficult and unless someone is a sexual offender or a real psycho, its none of your business. I will never forget that man who put his kid up to tell my daughters classmates that her dad had been in prison. And believe me he won't forget what happened if he lives to be a thousand. Many go to prison come out and do well. There are at least three men in Laurel County who have been in prison and are now multimillionaires.
Funny

London, KY

#17 Oct 6, 2012
Come to think about it, since you all are so interest in former convicts, see if you can identify the millionaire excons in this area. There are more than 3, I know 6 or 7. Many in this area work for companies they have interests in. They will love you for the attention and if anyone can get your address they could.
meto

Pikeville, KY

#18 Oct 7, 2012
Convict wrote:
I don't blame anyone for what happened 35 years ago, except myself. And I ain't crying about my rights. In fact I am glad it all happened because I decided to get serious about life, and have made a lot in money and raised 2 kids who finished college and do well. But regardless, it was difficult and unless someone is a sexual offender or a real psycho, its none of your business. I will never forget that man who put his kid up to tell my daughters classmates that her dad had been in prison. And believe me he won't forget what happened if he lives to be a thousand. Many go to prison come out and do well. There are at least three men in Laurel County who have been in prison and are now multimillionaires.
How do we know if they are a sex offender or'a real pysco' if we dont be 'nosey?'
meto

Pikeville, KY

#19 Oct 7, 2012
Funny wrote:
Come to think about it, since you all are so interest in former convicts, see if you can identify the millionaire excons in this area. There are more than 3, I know 6 or 7. Many in this area work for companies they have interests in. They will love you for the attention and if anyone can get your address they could.
I have no interest in the multmillionare excons in London. I really doubt your word, but if there are that many multimillionare excons in London,conning is how they got to be multimillionares more than likely.And for someone who went back to prison for someone telling their little girl[which was very mean]that her daddy had been in prison, why would you want to spread it all over topix about the other excons,by challanging people to name them on here. Don't you care about their little girls or their grandchildren? I am not the person who started this thread, but I dont believe them or myself was curious so that we could harm someone or their families. If you cared that much about your little girl back then to go back to prison, then you should see why we might have concern about our little girls and who moves in beside them from another state.Remember just a couple years ago when a sex offender got out of prison and moved to Georgia, kidnapped a small girl with family from this area, murdered her and they found her buried in his yard? It is up to us to protect our children from people like that. This woeld is not likr it was when you were growing up. I have no interest in someone who gets in trouble for tax fraud. But I will do everything in my power to protect my little children.I am sorry you took this tread so personal,but I canot help that. If that is what you went to prison for I dont think anyone would have that much fear of you. That is not who parents are interested in. Also I dont want information of names on topix. WE were trying to find links where we could research what they went to prison for, for our familys own safety.
tubby

Somerset, KY

#20 Oct 8, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Family Man 142,512
Differences between two flags 3 hr Simple 12
Marty Hart and Anna whitehead working for the U... 4 hr Yaaya 1
have you been raped or molested and never told ... (Dec '10) 5 hr damagedgoods 130
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 5 hr want to know 1,246
Truck wash 6 hr Trucket 1
Ipad broke 7 hr Sad 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages