Weavers Hotdogs
Oh yes

London, KY

#22 Aug 28, 2008
S&J did by far have the best hot dogs and Chili around. The service was quick the food was fresh and the taste was to die for. I can remember being a small child and their hot dogs and Chili was a big treat for me usually when I got good grades in school. They also ground their own hamburger their if I remember correctly. I also remember Quick stop. Dorothy was great she always greated the customers with a smile and when she said thank you she meant it! Wonder what happened to her or the owners of S&J?
nothinbettertodo

East Bernstadt, KY

#23 Aug 28, 2008
Weaver's need to drain off a little grease. I got a chilie bun just the other day and couldn't pick it up. The bun was soaked with orange grease. Also, you can smell the nasty bathrooms.

I go to Houses now, Doris can cook and they have fries and onion petals.
old friend

London, KY

#24 Aug 29, 2008
You go there cause YOU have nothinbettertodo. Weaver's rocks!!!
Les

London, KY

#25 Aug 29, 2008
YES Weavers are by far the best!!!!
Redneck Gigalo

Madisonville, KY

#26 Aug 29, 2008
Weavers uses taco seasoning in there hot dog chili, not a good idea. S & J did have the best, because it was family owned I can have them anytime, Yes I have the secret recipe. There is a small grocery store just past the Clay County line that has really good hot dogs as well. It's Russell House grocery.
Susan

London, KY

#27 Aug 30, 2008
How would you know what Weaver's uses in chili? Whatever it is it makes it THE BEST ALL ROUND CHILI IN THE WORLD IN MY BOOK!!!!!!!
hello

Cleveland, GA

#28 Aug 30, 2008
does anyone know the recipe for the S&J chili? It was the best ever. I crave those from time to time.
chilibun

London, KY

#29 Aug 30, 2008
tater wrote:
Why don't they have french fries? can someone explain this
The employees at Weavers told me that the building was too old for a fryer - that they won't have insurance if they have one. Their chili rocks!
chilibun

London, KY

#30 Aug 30, 2008
dorothy fan wrote:
I loved dorothy fiechter...she was a sweetheart
You can find Dorothy Fiechter and her family at Weavers every Saturday....she has her own table there. She's really nice and still gets around pretty good.
Redneck Gigalo

Madisonville, KY

#31 Aug 30, 2008
Susan wrote:
How would you know what Weaver's uses in chili? Whatever it is it makes it THE BEST ALL ROUND CHILI IN THE WORLD IN MY BOOK!!!!!!!
Well anyone know's what some people use by the taste, that is if you have made any chili recipes at all. Some people like making theres, not everyone buys from a can..
Redneck Gigalo

Madisonville, KY

#32 Aug 30, 2008
And yes I have the S & J chili Recipe I'm in negotiations of selling it to Nathans Famous Hotdogs.
Sportsnut

Madisonville, KY

#33 Aug 31, 2008
My husband makes better chili sauce than any on these people. His friends, and mine, pay him to make it all of the time.
london guest

Lexington, KY

#34 Aug 31, 2008
great food
Forever Gone

London, KY

#35 Jun 3, 2011
Weavers Hotdogs having to close their doors is another example of what happens whenever the voters of the City of London, along with the Laurel County voters, keep voting for and helping keep the same like-minded politicians in office. Whenever the voters put politicians in office who have no respect for the local history and for its historical places, it empowers those politicians to reduce the City to nothing more than what London now is: a display of flowers and tiny trees and gigantic Judicial Centers. The residents and business owners of the City of London and of Laurel County should have saw this disaster coming a long time ago when the then politicians began demolishing the Reda Theater, the Four Paw Hotel….just to name a couple. Look what happened to the old Pennington House.
The City of London doesn’t seem to understand what remolding means. They don’t seem to understand the importance of preserving the local history and its historical places. I can remember back when the streets and sidewalks of London were alive with people. Now look at it, it’s more like a ghost town. People drive through going someplace else. There is nothing in London to stop for. I think it’s a shame that London has lost another local landmark—a place where three generations of history was made—a place where my father and mother no doubt patronized—a place where I have patronized many times.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#36 Jun 3, 2011
I cant believe I had forgotten S&J hotdogs! They were so good. Sad about Weaver's closing. Does anyone know why? I tried to read the other thread regarding this subject and it is just going in a million directions that aren't related. There has to be something wrong somewhere for a long standing business to just close on such short notice?
SWEET

Mount Sterling, KY

#37 Jun 3, 2011
Just Happy To Be wrote:
I cant believe I had forgotten S&J hotdogs! They were so good. Sad about Weaver's closing. Does anyone know why? I tried to read the other thread regarding this subject and it is just going in a million directions that aren't related. There has to be something wrong somewhere for a long standing business to just close on such short notice?
WKYT.COM HAS THE NEWS FOR WEAVERS CLOSING....

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#38 Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for the information
SWEET wrote:
<quoted text> WKYT.COM HAS THE NEWS FOR WEAVERS CLOSING....
Forever Gone

Harrison, AR

#39 Jul 9, 2011
The news is now that one of the younger Weavers has purchased the Weavers Hotdogs building and plans to reopen it in August 2011, and will be selling the famous Weavers hotdogs and chili. I thought one of the older Weavers told the Sentinel Echo that the reason for them closing in the first place was because there was no businesses downtown to bring people to Weavers Hotdogs. What's wrong with this picture?
Which is it

Mount Vernon, KY

#41 Jul 9, 2011
So who is actually buying it Judd or his in laws, the Josephs?
Beck

Punta Gorda, FL

#42 Jul 10, 2011
That place makes my tummy roll. Keep it shut down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 58 min now 148,170
sex tonight 23 male (Jun '08) 2 hr bi hung 60
will obama give poor people free cheese ? 3 hr imo 20
North Laurel Basketball 4 hr Jaguar Nation 8
Tonya Napier/Vaughn 4 hr lulu 5
media lied about muslim student 5 hr thomas 11
state dept cover up hillary crimes 5 hr thomas 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages