infected c-section incision

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
needs advice

Okolona, AR

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Has anyone on here had a c-section that got infected. My incision is infected and I was just wanting to know if anyone else has had this happen, and if so what was done about it?? I have to go to the doctor tommarow, I have already been once to have it looked at and they put me on antibiotics. But its just getting worse. So tomarrow they said they may have to drain it. Im pretty scared. Also what did your infected incision look like? thanks
concern mother

Sheridan, AR

#2 Jan 28, 2009
needs advice wrote:
Has anyone on here had a c-section that got infected. My incision is infected and I was just wanting to know if anyone else has had this happen, and if so what was done about it?? I have to go to the doctor tommarow, I have already been once to have it looked at and they put me on antibiotics. But its just getting worse. So tomarrow they said they may have to drain it. Im pretty scared. Also what did your infected incision look like? thanks
My daughter had her daughter at london, and dr. barton was her doctor, when he done her c-section he cut her both ways up and down, she had a lot of problems. she had to wear a drainage tube home for about 3 days, don't mean to scare you, but if you don;t get no better get another opinion, i told my daughter i think he rupture her bladder and didn;t say nothing cause her and the baby was having so many problems.don;t care much for dr. barton. if i knew then what i know now he wouldn;t laid his hands on my daughter, hope you feel better.

“I can't be your super woman.”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester, KY

#3 Jan 28, 2009
I had a c-section, but mined didn't get infected. The best advice I could give is listen to your doctor, and keep it clean..Because you don't won't it to set up staph infection.
me too

Greenbrier, AR

#4 Jan 28, 2009
needs advice wrote:
Has anyone on here had a c-section that got infected. My incision is infected and I was just wanting to know if anyone else has had this happen, and if so what was done about it?? I have to go to the doctor tomorrow, I have already been once to have it looked at and they put me on antibiotics. But its just getting worse. So tomorrow they said they may have to drain it. I'm pretty scared. Also what did your infected incision look like? thanks
I've had 4 C-sections myself and with everyone there was a small infection pocket that started to occur. The doctors had to never really do anything. But for me it was very painful on the left side and stayed raw to where it would get infected. Keeping it dry is the biggest part. If you have to put some kind of cloth over it along with baby powder to keep it dry and clean.
info

London, KY

#5 Jan 28, 2009
I too had a infection on my c-section scar when I had my son seven years ago , the nurses told me it was staying infected because of the moisture and told me to take a maxi pad and lay it over the c-section and it would absorb all the mosture. I done this for about a week taping it there and the infection went away . Maybe you can try it as well , I hope it works for you.
stating the obvious

London, KY

#6 Jan 28, 2009
Wow, I've never had a c-section but I had some really really bad tearing my first pregnancy, and when I say bad I mean it ripped bottom AND top. I had about thirty stitches in all. I wasn't allowed to bathe for 2 weeks but I started smelling so bad that I broke down and bathed, just a shower, and became infected.

It was horrible. The creams that the dr's gave me didn't work, antibiotics just gave me a damn yeast infection so you can imagine. You'll find this weird, but I was in so much pain and agony it was evident to my dad. He told me that when my mother had me, he made her a palate in the floor and put a sun lamp just close enough for her to stand it and let her sit like that for a couple hours every day when she was hurting.

Well I wasted no time, got me a 100 watt bulb and a desk lamp and I swear to you within three days all the infection was dried up and the stitches fell out. I even took sitz baths while I used the lamp and it still healed up in three days.

My advice for any infection like that is to keep it super dry and expose it to some good heat source an hour a day. I couldn't use powder but gauze pads worked good.

Good luck to you and I'll pray that you heal quickly.
love_bug5

Somerset, KY

#7 Jan 28, 2009
concern mother wrote:
<quoted text>My daughter had her daughter at london, and dr. barton was her doctor, when he done her c-section he cut her both ways up and down, she had a lot of problems. she had to wear a drainage tube home for about 3 days, don't mean to scare you, but if you don;t get no better get another opinion, i told my daughter i think he rupture her bladder and didn;t say nothing cause her and the baby was having so many problems.don;t care much for dr. barton. if i knew then what i know now he wouldn;t laid his hands on my daughter, hope you feel better.
Dr. Barton did my hysterectomy last year( cut just like a c- section). I had NO problems with it or him. I think he is a great Dr. You can't even tell I have a scar!!
I would follow doctor's orders for your infection, don't want it to get any worse.
GOOD LUCK
tired mommy

London, KY

#8 Jan 28, 2009
I had a c-section with my son. About six weeks after his birth, I noticed that my incision was beginning to open and it was really itchy. I went to the doctor and they gave me some cream. It cleared it up right away. They told me my problem was that I wasn't cleaning it as well as I should. I was worried that if I washed it too hard that it would hurt or re-open my incision. I guess I was wrong. Good luck and I'm sure all will be fine.
me too

Greenbrier, AR

#9 Jan 28, 2009
Whatever you do do not I repeat DO NOT put a heating pad on your stomach. I have known some Dr.s will tell you to do that but don't do it. It will draw the infection to the top but it will BUST open and give you major problems, I've seen it happen.. Like we have all said keep it dry and clean and keep the moisture gone. Baby powder is the best and eases the smell of rotten flesh..lol Yea that's nasty but after the moisture and cut meat is there there is a Oder.
babybelly

London, KY

#10 Jan 28, 2009
I know how concerned you must be. When I had my son I had to have a c-section and the thought of the infection scared me to death, I am a diabetic and the doctors warned me that I had a 90% greater chance of the area becoming infected. Here is what the doc told me to do and it worked wonderfully, My incision was healed so incredibly fast and I had absolutely no problems. Shower and wash with a little soap and water, use a fan to dry the incision completely, I used to just hold a fan close to the area for a couple of minutes. Then put a maxi pad over the incision, and change the pad every few hours. I hope this helps a little and good luck
thank you should know

London, KY

#11 Jan 28, 2009
hello i feel so sorry for you . my neice had a boy and she had a c-section and it got infected . she had to go back and have it cut open again .and then it sit up messar infection. may not spelled it right . but any how . then it still didnt drain right and a big knot come up on her and she had to have a drain tube put in it for it to drain the infection out and cut open again iam so sorry i dont mean to scare you but they can give you a strong
stating the obvious

London, KY

#12 Jan 28, 2009
Woo no, please don't think I was suggesting a heating pad... That would just be a hotbed for infection.

Something about the heating lamp and airing it out in the open helped greatly.
thank you should know

London, KY

#13 Jan 28, 2009
antibotic to take but it took her i know 4 months to get over it and she stayed so raw down there and sore . a home health nurse came in everyday for 2 months and changed the bandages for her but it was cut 7 inches deap and had to be left open to heal . so do what the doctor says and dont fool around with it cause it has to be treated right for it to heal . its been 6 months and she still is having trouble with the inside now just so sore . well i will pray for you and i hope you get healed soon god be with you all the time a friend of gods
stating the obvious

London, KY

#14 Jan 28, 2009
thank you should know wrote:
antibotic to take but it took her i know 4 months to get over it and she stayed so raw down there and sore . a home health nurse came in everyday for 2 months and changed the bandages for her but it was cut 7 inches deap and had to be left open to heal . so do what the doctor says and dont fool around with it cause it has to be treated right for it to heal . its been 6 months and she still is having trouble with the inside now just so sore . well i will pray for you and i hope you get healed soon god be with you all the time a friend of gods
Geez, that is horrible. Does she air it out at all? I asked my doc about the lamp thing before I did it and he said it actually sounded like a good idea, but I was in germany and he was german. They're a little wacky over there. But really, if all else fails try some open air if she can. I'll pray for her fast healing.
mom of 3

London, KY

#15 Jan 28, 2009
My advice is to listen to the gal with the heat lamp, and the 2 gals with the pads! keep the area clean and dry, DO NOT put powder directly on the infection. If you do go with the pad idea, make sure is has a clothlike cover and not a plastic one, so the plastic does not stick to the infection site! If the dr does not do anything, go str8 to the ER because there is an increased risk of staph these days! Good luck and congrats on the lil one!
opinion

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jan 28, 2009
My first c-section I had to wear a drainage tube home and then I started running a really high fever I went to the hospital and had to stay for four days and then when they finally took the tube out they found it was infected.I got to go home but home health had to come every day for about two weeks and pack the incision and I also had to go to hosp. twice a day for antibiotics in IV. I recently had another c-section and everything worked out fine.good luck
needs advice

Okolona, AR

#17 Jan 28, 2009
opinion wrote:
My first c-section I had to wear a drainage tube home and then I started running a really high fever I went to the hospital and had to stay for four days and then when they finally took the tube out they found it was infected.I got to go home but home health had to come every day for about two weeks and pack the incision and I also had to go to hosp. twice a day for antibiotics in IV. I recently had another c-section and everything worked out fine.good luck
OMG that sounds so bad! I bet it was hard to go to the hospital 2 times a day. Did you have to leave your IV needle in that whole time!?! I HATE having to wear an IV! It is so uncomfortable! It get itchy after its been in a couple days. And also What did the packing feel like if you dont mind me asking???? Did it hurt??? Im really scared! Im so afriad Im going to get to the doctor tomarrow and they are going to make me go to the hospital or something! They said they were just going to drain it in the office....but im afraid that something worse will happen!
concern mother

London, KY

#18 Jan 29, 2009
love_bug5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Barton did my hysterectomy last year( cut just like a c- section). I had NO problems with it or him. I think he is a great Dr. You can't even tell I have a scar!!
I would follow doctor's orders for your infection, don't want it to get any worse.
GOOD LUCK
you would have being up set as i if he came out and told you the surgery he just done was the first he had done that way, he had seen it done, but never perform it is self, my daughter weight about 105 pounds before having her daughter, she weight 5pound and 7 ounces, but what i am stating is the draining tube, she wore home for several days, when i took her back for them to remove it, they just kept pulling it i thought i would pass out, it was so long don;t know where it was located at.not trying to scare no one just the experience i had.
I HAD ONE

AOL

#19 Jan 29, 2009
I had a c section and had a spot that was infected. They put what is called a wick in it and it slowly drained. As it healed the wick came out and you could cut it off. You just have to keep gauze to soak up the infection that the wick draws out. Hope this helps. Dont get too scared. They will fix it. :)

Since: Nov 08

Cynthiana, KY

#20 Jan 29, 2009
I wouldn't use baby powder at all. It is more likely to get caked on and cause the infection worse. I had 2 c-sections. Clean it with peroxide a few times a day and let it air dry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min spaceship 143,087
What choice do I have besides Hillary if Im a d... 1 hr Fishy 6
lib teach hate in class 1 hr debbie 5
Oscar House 2 hr Ky Resident 1
Can Christians Backslide and Go to Hell? (Nov '08) 9 hr coalminer 413
Want to buy land in London 13 hr Windwalker 2
iowa obam care bankrupcy 13 hr uhh 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages