Republicans Want To Legally Ban Breasts

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#1 Feb 14, 2013
I have to post this concerning what is happening in North Carolina. The Republicans have submitted a bill which would make it illegal for a woman to show her breasts (excluding breastfeeding). What is totally crazy about it is it will be a 'felony' for even a first offense. By North Carolina laws theft under $1000 and many other crimes are only misdemeanors. But showing nipples ..... a felony with real jail time. Are Republicans this afraid of women's breasts?

The bill says it would be a crime to show 'the nipple, or any portion of the areola, of the human female breast'. Maybe I missed something in biology class but don't guys also have nipples?

I wonder how long this thread will stay up before it's zapped even if it is about a proposed state bill?
jenny lies

Barnesville, GA

#2 Feb 15, 2013
no link so it has to be a lie.
Jenny how come you have nothing to say when 2 dem house state want to take guns from people. You have always claim it not true. So read the facts about dem plan .
helen

Sevierville, TN

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Jenny why don't you protest those evil rep. Why don't you and your girl pals show up at the london court house. You should have no problem showing your 28a to the town.

By the way i think every state in the union already have laws on the book now says female cannot do it know.Please tell us what states allow it. I do think one libtard city out west allow both sex to ride their bicycle nude .The city Police are not allow to arrest them.
Ralph

Manchester, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2013
You have to have your dog on a leash. It makes sense. Can we feed them from hubcaps and let them sleep on the porch?
fact

Piscataway, NJ

#5 Feb 15, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
I have to post this concerning what is happening in North Carolina. The Republicans have submitted a bill which would make it illegal for a woman to show her breasts (excluding breastfeeding). What is totally crazy about it is it will be a 'felony' for even a first offense. By North Carolina laws theft under $1000 and many other crimes are only misdemeanors. But showing nipples ..... a felony with real jail time. Are Republicans this afraid of women's breasts?
The bill says it would be a crime to show 'the nipple, or any portion of the areola, of the human female breast'. Maybe I missed something in biology class but don't guys also have nipples?
I wonder how long this thread will stay up before it's zapped even if it is about a proposed state bill?
all libs overexaggerate to get the public to except the lesser lies.

“smiling on a cloudy day”

Since: Jan 09

Shakedown Street

#6 Feb 15, 2013
jenny lies wrote:
Jenny how come you have nothing to say when 2 dem house state want to take guns from people. You have always claim it not true. So read the facts about dem plan .
herp derp google

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/14/nc...

A bill that could send women to prison for going topless in public appears headed for approval by the North Carolina legislature.

The Republican-backed bill headed to a floor vote in the House would amend the state's indecent exposure law to expand the legal definition of "private parts" to explicitly include "the nipple, or any portion of the areola, or the female breast."

Depending on whether such exposure is judged to be "for the purpose of arousing or gratifying sexual desire," the woman could be charged with a felony, punishable by up to six months in prison for first-time offenders. More mundane exposure would be a misdemeanor meriting up to 30 days in jail.

Co-sponsor Rep. Rayne Brown, R-Davidson, told members of the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday that her bill was triggered by topless rallies promoting women's equity that were held during the last two years in Asheville. Though her district is more than a two-hour drive from Asheville, Brown said her constituents are concerned whether the topless protests are legal.

Many cities have local ordinances barring women from going topless, but Asheville does not. Brown said a blanket solution is needed to give law enforcement officers statewide the clear authority to make arrests when nipples are exposed. The proposed bill leaves in place exceptions for "incidental" nipple exposure by breastfeeding mothers and retains the ability of local governments to regulate sexually oriented nightclubs.

"There's some confusion about the law," Brown said. "I think our state deserves clarity on this issue."

That confusion is rooted in a 1970 ruling by the state Court of Appeals that the term "private parts," as then specified in state law, did not include breasts. In 1998, the N.C. Supreme Court suggested that earlier interpretation might not be expansive enough, citing an American Heritage Dictionary definition of "private parts" as "external organs of sex and excretion."

A separate state law specifically outlaws "sexually explicit nudity," including nipples, exposed in the presence of minors. But it is not clear whether the exposure of breasts as part of a political protest could be defined as sexual.

Two Democrats on the Judiciary Committee questioned whether the issue really rises to a level requiring legislative action.

Rep. Nathan Baskerville, D-Vance, reiterated that any city or county having a problem with public toplessness is free to pass a local ordinance.

Rep. Annie W. Mobley, D-Hertford, suggested a woman wanting get around the proposed law could simply cover her nipples with tape.

"You know what they say, duct tape fixes everything," agreed Rep. Tim Moore, R-Cleveland.

The committee voted to recommend the bill to the House floor, with only Baskerville voting no. The measure would still need approval from the Republican-controlled N.C. Senate before heading to the governor's desk.

This is silly. One state legislator got mad about what happened in a city two hours from her district so they try to control their actions? Aren't Republicans for small and local governments? Why ban something in your neighbor's district?

And every man in this thread that supports this bill is obviously 100% gay.

Shakedown Street

#7 Feb 15, 2013
fact wrote:
<quoted text>all libs overexaggerate to get the public to except the lesser lies.
You should accept the fact that public education failed in your case.
HelpMe Gov

London, KY

#8 Feb 15, 2013
The outcry was "women in degrading profession." Now when they try to curb the strip clubs all the liberal "artists" scream chauvenism.

Make the strippers more safe while curbing prostitution and the left goes apeshit.

Can't have it both ways for free.

Shakedown Street

#9 Feb 15, 2013
HelpMe Gov wrote:
The outcry was "women in degrading profession." Now when they try to curb the strip clubs all the liberal "artists" scream chauvenism.
Make the strippers more safe while curbing prostitution and the left goes apeshit.
This law specifically excludes strip clubs. Try again.

Since: Nov 08

Corbin Ky.

#10 Feb 15, 2013
Democrat gun confiscation coming to a state near you, thanks to obama and his campaign to the states to get this done on the state level. This will save him from being blamed.

"Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms - Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons"

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-control/2013/02 ...

Breaking: MN Democrats Introduce Law to Confiscate Guns… Using Same Language as MO Democrats
Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, February 14, 2013, 5:08 PM

THIS IS AN ORGANIZED NATIONAL EFFORT FOLKS……
This is not a coincidence. It is a concerted effort.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/break ...

Shakedown Street

#11 Feb 15, 2013
wowed wrote:
Democrat gun confiscation coming to a state near you, thanks to obama and his campaign to the states to get this done on the state level. This will save him from being blamed.
"Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms - Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons"
Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-control/2013/02 ...
Breaking: MN Democrats Introduce Law to Confiscate Guns… Using Same Language as MO Democrats
Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, February 14, 2013, 5:08 PM
THIS IS AN ORGANIZED NATIONAL EFFORT FOLKS……
This is not a coincidence. It is a concerted effort.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/break ...
Wrong thread, maybe? This one is about boobies.

Also, your links are broken.

Since: Nov 08

Corbin Ky.

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong thread, maybe? This one is about boobies.
Also, your links are broken.
Sorry I distracted you from the "boobies". I posted the info because of this post below. Links worked for me, besides its all over the net if you look.
jenny lies wrote:

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#13 Feb 15, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
A few weeks ago on one of the cable channels they were showing some statues unearthed from Pompeii. They censored out parts of the statues. People in 79AD could see them, but someone in America today might be offended.
truth

London, KY

#14 Feb 15, 2013
HelpMe Gov wrote:
The FOX story & others said cities pass their own laws about strip clubs. This law is about making it a crime being topless anywhere a woman can be seen. A bunch of repressed Republicans.

Shakedown Street

#15 Feb 15, 2013
wowed wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I distracted you from the "boobies". I posted the info because of this post below. Links worked for me, besides its all over the net if you look.
<quoted text>
But, it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. There are gun control threads all over this forum, I'm participating in one right now.

Also, there are glaring differences between the bill discussed in this thread and, for instance, your Missouri example.

The "boobies" bill was passed in NC by Republicans. They control the House, and now the Republican-controlled Senate has to vote on it before it can go to a Republican governor to be signed into law.

Your Missouri example bill was introduced in committee by a few fringe Democrats. This, in a Missouri House that is controlled by Republicans by a 2-1 margin. If it was to somehow miraculously pass in the House, then it would still have to be passed by a Republican-controlled Senate and then signed by a Republican governor.

So, basically there is absolutely no chance of the Missouri AWB bill being signed into law. Yet, there is a very real possibility of North Carolina making bare female nipples a felony.
HelpMe Gov

London, KY

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Two Democrats on the Judiciary Committee questioned whether the issue really rises to a level requiring legislative action.

Rep. Nathan Baskerville, D-Vance, reiterated that any city or county having a problem with public toplessness is free to pass a local ordinance.

Rep. Annie W. Mobley, D-Hertford, suggested a woman wanting get around the proposed law could simply cover her nipples with tape.

"You know what they say, duct tape fixes everything," agreed Rep. Tim Moore, R-Cleveland.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/14/nc...
hehe

London, KY

#18 Feb 15, 2013
HelpMe Gov wrote:
Duck tape would be OK
scotch tape would be a felony

hehe

#19 Feb 15, 2013
helen wrote:
Jenny why don't you protest those evil rep. Why don't you and your girl pals show up at the london court house. You should have no problem showing your 28a to the town.
By the way i think every state in the union already have laws on the book now says female cannot do it know.Please tell us what states allow it. I do think one libtard city out west allow both sex to ride their bicycle nude .The city Police are not allow to arrest them.
What you are talking about is sex organs. Breasts are not those. There are states which leave it up to local ordinance (city or county) to decide about being topless. I've seen women sunning topless at the Park in Indianapolis, Indiana. It's legal. Also New York State you can be topless in some locations but not others, such as it's legal at NY state parks.

But why is it legal for men to show nipples but a woman will be arrested for the same thing?

Under the North Carolina bill ..... a felony? Particularly when theft (under $1000), various types of assault, and 'many' other real crimes are only misdemeanors.

Bring back the days of the religious-extremist puritans, huh?
HelpMe Gov

London, KY

#20 Feb 15, 2013
Bronston Man wrote:
<quoted text>
This law specifically excludes strip clubs. Try again.
(a) Unless the conduct is punishable under subsection (a1) of this section, any person who shall willfully expose the private parts of his or her person in any public place and in the presence of any other person or persons, except for those places designated for a public purpose where the same sex exposure is incidental to a permitted activity,[exclusion for locker rooms etc.]

Actually it defines the law more clearly. Making those clubs already breaking the law having more serious consequences.

The new law leaves everything for the clubs on a local level but not doing away with existing laws. The more severe punishment/law taking precedence.

I thought you knew what you spoke about? My mistake.

#21 Feb 15, 2013
hehe wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck tape would be OK
scotch tape would be a felony
hehe
I love that one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary says; Trump is a klansmen 7 min fred g 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr IND 151,880
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 2 hr Oreo madness 9,312
Trump's KKK For The U.S.A. 2 hr republicunts 12
Republicans To Run Ads Against Trump 4 hr Farm_er 1
Hey Big Red ! 6 hr Curious 9
Shannon The Libtard 6 hr Libs are liars 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance