Four Paw Hotel
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just love

Clarkson, KY

#1 Sep 18, 2010
Love old photos of London,Where was the location of this at?
Old Man

Sheridan, AR

#2 Sep 18, 2010
Right beside the First Christian Church in London. In this photo you can see the church windows to the left of the Hotel. There are a few threads about the hotel already in this forum. There are also other photos posted in the photo section.
Hello

Somerset, KY

#3 Sep 18, 2010
My aunt was one of the last managers of the Four Paw
Trav

Hazard, KY

#4 Sep 21, 2010
Do you know who has any photos of the old movie theatre that used to be up down town? I would love to see some of them.
Who Are They

Manchester, KY

#5 Sep 21, 2010
Any pictures of the old Kayo gas station that was on 25 across from the orginal Dog Patch.
Phyllis

London, KY

#6 Sep 21, 2010
Do any of you remember when an old man shot two men up there who had been picking on him and then turned the gun on himself? My mom worked there then. His name was Mr. Strunk
Hello

Somerset, KY

#7 Sep 21, 2010
His name was Dick Strunk. My aunt was manager at that time.
Debbie Brown

Fairbanks, AK

#8 Feb 21, 2011
You are wonderful. Living in Alaska and never being to Ky. I'm getting to view some areas my father visited when he was a young boy. he was born in London in 1921. He will be 90 in April, he doesn't have any pictures and is leagally blind I'm hoping I can blow these up so he might be able to see some of them. thank you
yeah

London, KY

#9 Feb 21, 2011
yeah i would love see some of the old movie theater the reda it was so pretty and should have been remodled but this is london everything old gets knocked down its a shame look at the penningtn house it was done the same way enyone got pics of it 2 id like see them i know the reda was built in 1948 and was closed in the mid 1970s thats not long running man why cause the owners let it fall in repait i heard it had water damage and the drain at the back of the buldint collapsed wow u know there where apartments upstairs 2 that must beena big bulidint enyone with info of what year it closed exacltly let me know im interstedok thanks.
Old Man

London, KY

#10 Feb 21, 2011
Debbie Brown wrote:
You are wonderful. Living in Alaska and never being to Ky. I'm getting to view some areas my father visited when he was a young boy. he was born in London in 1921. He will be 90 in April, he doesn't have any pictures and is leagally blind I'm hoping I can blow these up so he might be able to see some of them. thank you
When did your father leave London ? Look thru the London photos on topix there are some more old photos there. I'll try to list some web sites that you can go look at old photos around London.
Old Man

London, KY

#11 Feb 21, 2011
Old London Photos some mostly family mixed with local area...

http://kydgi.ky.gov :2005/cdm4/results.php?CISOOP1 =exact&CISOFIELD1=CISOSEAR CHALL&CISOROOT=all&CIS OBOX1=Laurel County Ky.

http://kdl.kyvl.org/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx...

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kylaurel/ph...

http://kdl.kyvl.org/cgi/f/findaid/findaid-idx...

You will see photos of the Old Mill at Levi Jackson State Park this is the area where the movie "The Kentuckian" was filmed starring Burt Lancaster. This was the first movie appearence for Walter Matthau in 1955. Just thought something a little interesting about the area.
Black Lions Nam Veteran

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2011
I went to Four Paw to buy tickets to the Reds game, when the Reds played at Crosley Field. I got great seats many times behind home plate 3, sometimes 5 rolls, from the playing field
senior

London, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2011
in the 70's it was used for a halfway house, sorta like a rehab. and AA.meetings
hey

London, KY

#14 Feb 23, 2011
enyone got pics of it or the readtheater or the pennigton house id like see some pics of the outside and the inside of the reda it was so pretty back in the day let me know thanks.
Bobby Gay

Soddy Daisy, TN

#16 Jun 15, 2012
just love wrote:
Love old photos of London,Where was the location of this at?
This Hotel is (the building is still standing)on North Main street. Maybe 1 or 2 doors North of The Christan Church. To day if you stand a look across the street there are some DR. office that sit on a corner of a side street. On that corner years ago Cas Walker had a Grocery Store and across the street (to the right of Cas Walkers store)onthe North side of the Street was The School Grounds. I think all of the cheldern in Loundon attended that school except the Color kids and their school was some place in the 10 hundred blocl of N Mill St. Mill street is the next street behind the Motel
Old Man

Bolivar, MO

#17 Jun 15, 2012
The old 4 Paw Hotel was torn down years ago.
just saying

London, KY

#18 Jun 17, 2012
i remember 4 paw and mammy lewis as a kid i hung out at renus's gas station next door i rember renus and his mechanic buggs well alot of good memories there as a young boy went to church at christian church would go to bus station and read comic books on stands went to london elementary miss dillion was my first grade teacher in 67 mr mckee would deliver newspapers in his wagon rufus moren super market on broad street dyke jones on broad also across the street from 4 paw hoskins 5 and dime store and went to reda alot on sat evenings
alot on memories

London, KY

#19 Jun 17, 2012
just saying wrote:
i remember 4 paw and mammy lewis as a kid i hung out at renus's gas station next door i rember renus and his mechanic buggs well alot of good memories there as a young boy went to church at christian church would go to bus station and read comic books on stands went to london elementary miss dillion was my first grade teacher in 67 mr mckee would deliver newspapers in his wagon rufus moren super market on broad street dyke jones on broad also across the street from 4 paw hoskins 5 and dime store and went to reda alot on sat evenings
London was a great place to grow up. Your post brought alot of memories back.
Bryan D

United States

#20 Jul 5, 2013
I stayed here in 1974. I spent 2 weeks here. I have never forgotten the help I received during this bad time in my life.
Thanks
Rudy
Old London

United States

#21 Jul 5, 2013
Theres a great book about London with old photos @ walgreens it was a bit expensive but im definitely gonna buy one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Min 177,962
Transmission Work 12 hr Rusty Nut 5
woman fwb 13 hr Misty 11
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 13 hr winner 2,240
Game: Start A Sentence With The Last Word (Jan '13) 13 hr winner 976
One Word Thread (Jul '10) 13 hr winner 2,632
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) Thu Hold on 9,816

London Jobs

Personal Finance

London Mortgages