Next Last
jim

Manchester, KY

#1 Sep 16, 2011
New taxes
LOVEIT

London, KY

#2 Sep 16, 2011
I'm so glad, I know that I feel guilty about the low taxes that I pay. Hopefully they will use it to hire more athletic directors and coordinators and other much needed jobs. Maybe they can add a tax for every time we drive by a school, they need to all toll booths in front of each school.
HO HO

Manchester, KY

#3 Sep 16, 2011
Just in time for my new tax bill
shut up

London, KY

#4 Sep 16, 2011
Laurel actually has one of the lowest tax rates in the state.

You peopel are never happy, if they lowered taxes you would complain.
helpedhim

Cynthiana, KY

#5 Sep 16, 2011
After reading that Bud Stuber broke a tie vote to increase our taxes, I'm going to work hard to help defeat ole "tax-raising" Bud next time.
ReponseToShutUP

London, KY

#6 Sep 16, 2011
I Laurel County has one the lowest unemployeement rate too!!! It has the highest paid salaries in teh state too. We do have nice schools, but there is also a ton of waste, how many playgrounds does each school need. How come they had to re-floor almost every elementary school gym floor? What was wrong playing at the middle schools? I'm sure they have cut waste, but why not cut some of these high salaried positions, the Governor took a pay cut, so why can't our school leaders. Oh yeah, their retirement is based on their salary, there is no way in H3LL they will ever do that.
helpedhim

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Sep 16, 2011
Wanted: Person to replace Bud Stuber on the School Board. Must have ability to understand that raising taxes while spending money like it grows on trees tends to make voters very angry, leading to tax increasers getting voted out of office. Sucessful candidate should have common sense, the ability to tell David no, and to understand he or she is spending the taxpayers hard earned money, and not the board's money.
wishing for justice

Hazard, KY

#8 Sep 16, 2011
yeah, they get rid of bus drivers monitors, aides and won't hire any cooks when school enrollment is up and numbers support another worker. They say just do the best you can. Every classroom needs two adults in it. With this three entree lunch menu it is a lot of extra work in kitchen. But just do the best you can but stick to menu. I think the school board needs to take a look at the big money positions, like 3 superintends, three athletic directors and other jobs they dream up for their buddies. Laurel County school system is not big enough to need 3 of each. You' think we were Lexington or Louisville. Politics and people stink.
side stitches

London, KY

#9 Sep 16, 2011
wishing for justice wrote:
yeah, they get rid of bus drivers monitors, aides and won't hire any cooks when school enrollment is up and numbers support another worker. They say just do the best you can. Every classroom needs two adults in it. With this three entree lunch menu it is a lot of extra work in kitchen. But just do the best you can but stick to menu. I think the school board needs to take a look at the big money positions, like 3 superintends, three athletic directors and other jobs they dream up for their buddies. Laurel County school system is not big enough to need 3 of each. You' think we were Lexington or Louisville. Politics and people stink.
So.. a bag of chips a bag of carrots takes a whole to of prep time?
taxed to death

London, KY

#10 Sep 16, 2011
more new taxes!! what else is new?when you get your tax bill just look what we pay for school taxes. every bill you get school tax is on it. when all is said each tax payer pays over %700.00 a year in school taxes.when does it stop? that,s all we need is more taxes to pay, i am tired of being taxed to death.
wishing for justice

Hazard, KY

#11 Sep 17, 2011
if you think a bag of carrots and a bag of chips is all they get then what hole did you crawl out of. Go to school website and print yourself a menu if you can read. Better yet go work in the cafeteria for a week. You would probably quit in less than a day.
Two In School

Mayfield, KY

#12 Sep 17, 2011
They offer free breakfast and lunch over in Clay.

Why doesn't Laurel do this?
None in School

Brodhead, KY

#13 Sep 17, 2011
I don't have any children, but I still pay school tax, that really seems unfair. Especially when a high school grad takes my money at Wal Mart and then has to wait on the cash register to tell them how much change to give. Really sad that kids gradutaing HS can't do simple math. It's all about money, if a kid fails a class it cuts into the BOE money.
Two In School

Mayfield, KY

#14 Sep 17, 2011
None in School wrote:
I don't have any children, but I still pay school tax, that really seems unfair. Especially when a high school grad takes my money at Wal Mart and then has to wait on the cash register to tell them how much change to give. Really sad that kids gradutaing HS can't do simple math. It's all about money, if a kid fails a class it cuts into the BOE money.
You pay school taxes so children are provided an opportunity for an education which hopefully allows them to eventually become productive wage earners who will not need to receive social welfare income and will contribute to Social Security and other retirement and pension systems in order to support both you and me when we are old, disabled or retired.
taxpayer

Frankfort, KY

#15 Sep 17, 2011
shut up wrote:
Laurel actually has one of the lowest tax rates in the state.
You peopel are never happy, if they lowered taxes you would complain.
My kid goes to NLMS he never brings a book home for HOME work not because he never has any Home work BUT because the school does not have the BOOKS for him to bring HOME! But we pay for 3 superintdents 3 AD'S a job and vehicles for them nice offices to sit in for around $500,000 (shut=up) do you think maybe some of that sould go for BOOKS so my kid could do some his HOME WORK
ABC

AOL

#16 Sep 17, 2011
None in School wrote:
I don't have any children, but I still pay school tax, that really seems unfair.
I agree UNFAIR.......
I have no Children....
And I have to pay SCHOOL Tax,,
Not Fair..........
Judge Judy

Mayfield, KY

#17 Sep 17, 2011
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree UNFAIR.......
I have no Children....
And I have to pay SCHOOL Tax,,
Not Fair..........
Why should my kids be helping to pay your Social Security benefits?

Not Fair!!
ABC

AOL

#18 Sep 18, 2011
Judge Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should my kids be helping to pay your Social Security benefits?
Not Fair!!
Your Children,are not paying
my Social Security Benefits......

I am still working......
I just don't think it's fair
that people who does not have Children.
Has to pay School Tax..........
That's life........
fair

United States

#19 Sep 18, 2011
if a single taxpayer with no kids has to pay school taxes, then we should also get a big income tax return also.
why

Mount Sterling, KY

#20 Sep 18, 2011
Why with the economy in this shape would anyone raise taxes? Our local leaders are as out of touch as our state and national leaders. Maybe one day the voters will wake up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min mdbuilder 178,009
Just wondering 1 hr Back at cha 2
One Word Thread (Jul '10) 1 hr Razelies 2,634
Democrats Are Communists Believe Me 2 hr Advocate 1
Game: Start A Sentence With The Last Word (Jan '13) 2 hr old hill 977
May 25 2018 Bold N Beautiful Queston 2 hr old hill 2
Heard 6 hr Popo 3

London Jobs

Personal Finance

London Mortgages