Backpacking Club
hiker

United States

#1 Aug 28, 2012
Would anyone be interested or know anyone who would be interested in starting or joining a hiking/backpacking club. This would coincide with the new retail store "Mike's Hike & Bike" in downtown. Probably something like doing a hike once a month, or maybe more, just an idea. All ideas or interest, please respond.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#2 Aug 28, 2012
There is a hiking club in Somerset that may have members interested in joining. They meet once a month in the parking lot of the mall over there. I don't know what day or have any contact number. But if you ask around you may come up with something. They call themselves the 'Loons'. Because someone called them loons for hiking in any type weather.
STwanderer

London, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2012
There is also a hiking club in McCreary and Whitley counties. The one in McCreary is thru the UK extension office and I don't know much about the one in Whitley.

Would be interested however to have one local since it hard to get to McCreary most of the time.
outdoor guy

London, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2012
That sounds like a great idea, I would be interested.

Does this store have a web site?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 160,744
How to deal with neighbors who let their dogs r... (Apr '11) 6 hr oh no he didnt 77
kids being appointed bus monitors (Feb '12) 6 hr Dont take any crap 18
Someone shooting at cars on HIGHWAY 80 7 hr atlj 4
Krisy Scott 8 hr Jack Barrels 2
confused 9 hr Wtfmann 4
divorce attorney (Mar '09) 11 hr myra 36

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages