Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81700 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#69969 Sep 13, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Sounds like we are discussing bugs? Birds, bugs, boobs. Count me in
Hi Nanny. What's this stuff about birds and bees? Can you really get cootie bugs from them?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69970 Sep 13, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Nanny. What's this stuff about birds and bees? Can you really get cootie bugs from them?
Yes, kissing spreads germs, germs spread diseases, diseases kill people.
Skip the kissing!
papaderp

Florence, KY

#69971 Sep 13, 2012
yes you can hahaha
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#69975 Sep 13, 2012
Ha, works every time. I so own the trolls.
Imposter

London, KY

#69978 Sep 13, 2012
Cimes wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the meaning of the word "reckon". I know it is used a lot in the south. Can you please explain?
Put your heart in Dixie or get your ass out.
Make a choice.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#69982 Sep 13, 2012
Yummy, here is a chunk of tasty Cut and Paste:

Watch an impact caught on the planet Jupiter.

This evening, an asteroid the length of three football fields will buzz by Earth at a rate of 7 miles per second. The asteroid called 2012 QG42 is about to get its close-up.

A month ago, scientists weren't even aware it existed. But it's now on the radar, and viewers can watch it pass by Earth from the convenience of the Web. No astronomy lessons necessary.

Although tonight's flyby is harmless, the asteroid has been named "potentially hazardous" by the Minor Planet Center. That means it's not dangerous, at least not yet. But it could pose problems in the future.

Meanwhile, this close encounter with the space rock will be a comfortable seven and a half times the distance to the moon—1.8 million miles to us Earth-bound folk—at its closest to us, which will be this evening. The asteroid won't be viewable by the naked eye or low-powered telescope. However, the object will be bright enough to see on a live webcast.

The Virtual Telescope Project, run by astronomer Gianluca Masi in Italy, has been tracking the asteroid and will carry a live feed. The Slooh Space Camera will also present a live stream of the event from images caught on its half-meter-wide telescope on the Canary Islands, plus have running commentary.

This Cut N Paste brought to you for the sole purpose of irritating the trolls and by the number seven. Mis spelled word is intentional to further infuriate the trolls. My work is done.
lol

Middlesboro, KY

#69988 Sep 13, 2012
my bird died

Since: Sep 11

Westmoreland, TN

#69989 Sep 13, 2012
The bats are dieing now. Hummmm.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#69990 Sep 14, 2012
tinponyrider wrote:
The bats are dieing now. Hummmm.
I saw a Katy-did last night. First one I had seen in several years. I guess the real name is cicada.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#69991 Sep 14, 2012
Nope, I actually used Google. A katydid and a cicada are not the same thing. What I saw was a real katydid, which Google says are related to crickets and grasshoppers.

Location hidden

#69992 Sep 14, 2012
I always get excited when I see my first firefly of the season. Such great childhood memories associated with them
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#69993 Sep 14, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
I always get excited when I see my first firefly of the season. Such great childhood memories associated with them
Like running barefooted and stepping on a bee?
papaderp

Florence, KY

#69994 Sep 14, 2012
actually agree ha i havent seen one this year and your taking me to white castle and finding a firefly

Location hidden

#69995 Sep 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Like running barefooted and stepping on a bee?
I did that once when I was about 10---ouch!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#69996 Sep 14, 2012
papaderp wrote:
actually agree ha i havent seen one this year and your taking me to white castle and finding a firefly
No White Castle for you. We must stay home and eat collards with some fat back. Catch fire flies and put them in a fruit jar and run through the night yelling "I Saw the Light".
papaderp

Florence, KY

#69997 Sep 14, 2012
so down ha
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#69998 Sep 14, 2012
Play "Annie Over" or "Drop the Hanky" or "Hide-n-seek" or "Red Rover" or "Hop-Scotch"... no video games
papaderp

Florence, KY

#69999 Sep 14, 2012
too catch fire flies think its the opposite of a bug zapper.like a dude in camo with wheat intwined on a tennis racket

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#70003 Sep 14, 2012
*yawm*, nothing new I see.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#70004 Sep 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Play "Annie Over" or "Drop the Hanky" or "Hide-n-seek" or "Red Rover" or "Hop-Scotch"... no video games
You must of been poor, we had string that could be tied on a june bug's leg and use them as a kite,, if you could keep the chickens off them,, classy stuff there,, old steel bike wheels affixed to boards to make down hill racers guided with a cross board by the feet.. vines were swings over the creek,, if we found enough bottles along the road we bought a Nehi Soda or Kickapoojoyjuice, maybe a Bit o Honey or some bb's for the Red Ryder. Damn, glad them days are gone, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll who will win magistrate district 1 in 2014 (Dec '13) 5 min AWA 193
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Advocate 170,585
Narcicisst 58 min Narcissus 5
ABC Automotive 12 hr Third 52
chelsee roark biggest rat in london 15 hr Jim 2
One decent woman 20 hr Longfellow1961 1
I need a good liberal attorney in the London area 21 hr Anti whinesack 4

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages