Did the shooting at Crooked Creek mak...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aunt Bea

London, KY

#24 Aug 11, 2008
Duke Nukem wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsehockey. It's reckless endangerment pure and simple. You fir it up in the air it comes down somewhere. That moron should have been put in jail. It;s inexcusable and the stupid kind of use of a firearm that gives all gun owners a bad name.
I also agree...and let's not forget charges of Public indecency and drunk and disorderly conduct.
redhound rebel

Lexington, KY

#25 Aug 11, 2008
here is a police report...is this what your looking for.

On Aug 07 2008, at approximately 1030 p.m. London Police Department received a call of shots fired on Moren Road London, Ky Officers that arrived on scene received information that a male suspect entered the residence at 204 Moren Road. It was reported that Vernon Elmer stole an amount of cash before he fled on foot. Elmer was to also be armed with a hand gun. During the neighborhood search for the suspect officers received more information that Elmer had gotten a ride to a residence on Court Road.Officers responded to 1477 Court Road where they located Elmer hiding in a bedroom closet. As the investigation continued it was learned that Vernon Elmer was a guest of the residence at 204 Moren Road. Elmer stole $400.00 cash from a wallet belonging to David Hampton then left the residence to go get some food. When Hampton discovered his money missing he got his 30-30 rifle and waited for Elmer to returned to the residence at 204 Moren Road. Upon returning to the residence a short fight took place before Elmer ran off. As Emler was running away from the scene Hampton fired at least one round from his rifle. Continuing with the investigation officers obtained evidence about the illegal Trafficking in Control Substance, a search warrant was obtained for the residence at 204 Moren Road. During the investigation and search of the residence officers recovered and seized $1500.00 cash, 125 Hydrocodone tablets, other prescription pills and marijuana. Arrested: Vernon Elmer age 24 London, Ky - Charged with Theft Over $300.00, Possession Of Marijuana, Theft Of Controlled Substance David Hampton age 49 London, Ky - Charged with Wanton Endangerment 1st, Trafficking In Controlled Substance 2nd and Trafficking In Controlled Substance 3rd. Lenora Root age 37 London, Ky - Charged with Trafficking Controlled Substance 2nd and Trafficking In Controlled Substance 3rd. Assisting with the incident, arrest and investigation was: Sgt Daniel Robinson, Sgt Alan Harris, Officer Travis Hurley, Sgt Gary Proffitt, Officer Jeremy Shell, Officer Jessie Williams, Det Russell Baker, Det. Blaine Inman, Capt John Wright, Lt Doug Gregory, Lt Stewart Walker London Police Department Det Baker and Det Inman is still investigating the incident. Ok For Release Lt Stewart Walker
cat

London, KY

#26 Aug 11, 2008
wondering wrote:
Seems like people are trying to ignore the fact that Doug was the one doing the shooting. Not Jamie. It doesn't matter if Jamie is gay or if he has been married 10 times, Doug was still shooting at him. I think if there was a shooting incident at a golf tournament, it should make the news.
It is not the place of the topix forum to determine whether a law was broken, or lives were endangered. This forum is specifically for gossip and bull [email protected] Log off and watch the news or read a newspaper if you want facts.
Richie Rich

East Bernstadt, KY

#27 Aug 11, 2008
Whats up with this?I thought Doug and Jamey were friends.I think this has been blown up to sound alot worse than it is.They both have it made why would they be in the yard fighting with their neighbors.I think people are so caught up in the world of big houses and trust funds that they dont stop to think these people are human just like them.Dont get caught up in trying to make their lives so good or bad,they are like everyone else just with differant problems.I can say this Jamey is a good person although he has problems like everybody else.I dont know Doug as well but figure he has problems like the rest of us.So dont put these guys under the microscope,because its not a place you would like to be yourself.Another thing when people can get on here and write without you knowing who they are anything can be said.Thats why people dont care to lie on here because their is nobody holding them accountable for false statements.Now its time to let them get back to living their life in the land of big houses and trust funds.Because some of us have to work tomorrow.
Aunt Bea

London, KY

#29 Aug 12, 2008
Richie Rich wrote:
Whats up with this?I thought Doug and Jamey were friends.I think this has been blown up to sound alot worse than it is.They both have it made why would they be in the yard fighting with their neighbors.I think people are so caught up in the world of big houses and trust funds that they dont stop to think these people are human just like them.Dont get caught up in trying to make their lives so good or bad,they are like everyone else just with differant problems.I can say this Jamey is a good person although he has problems like everybody else.I dont know Doug as well but figure he has problems like the rest of us.So dont put these guys under the microscope,because its not a place you would like to be yourself.Another thing when people can get on here and write without you knowing who they are anything can be said.Thats why people dont care to lie on here because their is nobody holding them accountable for false statements.Now its time to let them get back to living their life in the land of big houses and trust funds.Because some of us have to work tomorrow.
Topix may place them under a microscope, but Doug placed people attending a golf tournament under a bullet. HIS problem endangered THEIR lives.
newsworthy

Madisonville, KY

#30 Aug 12, 2008
Any arrests???
BubbaRaE

AOL

#31 Aug 12, 2008
THE ONLY GGG HAS THREATENTED TO ASSASINATE DEAN JOHNSON,this sick person needs jailed
i know

London, KY

#32 Aug 12, 2008
I always knew the sexual tension between Doug and Jamie would eventually come to a head!(pun intended)
They are both drunks and they both like boys and girls.
feeding the trolls

Somerset, KY

#34 Aug 12, 2008
No arrests were made or citations issued. It is legal to discharge fire arms outside of the city limits. Have you ever fired a shotgun up in the air and stand under it? Heard it feels like a small hail storm is all. Try it sometime! He couldn't have been too drunk and disorderly or he would have went to jail.
Aunt Bea

London, KY

#35 Aug 12, 2008
feeding the trolls wrote:
No arrests were made or citations issued. It is legal to discharge fire arms outside of the city limits. Have you ever fired a shotgun up in the air and stand under it? Heard it feels like a small hail storm is all. Try it sometime! He couldn't have been too drunk and disorderly or he would have went to jail.
If he wasn't drunk then his actions show that he is just stupid...doesn't say much for lawyers does it.
feeding the trolls

Somerset, KY

#36 Aug 12, 2008
I never read anywhere in this thread about ANY lawyer being smart!
Aunt Bea

London, KY

#37 Aug 12, 2008
feeding the trolls wrote:
I never read anywhere in this thread about ANY lawyer being smart!
The shooter, Doug Benge, is a local attorney.
U KNOW NOTHING

London, KY

#41 Aug 14, 2008
i know wrote:
I always knew the sexual tension between Doug and Jamie would eventually come to a head!(pun intended)
They are both drunks and they both like boys and girls.
That's untrue about Doug Benge. I grew-up with Doug and know him very well. He does not like guys... period. He does like to have a drink occasionally and I must say, he loves women. Get back to the point of the forum... that is if you have something true to add.
wondered

Manchester, KY

#42 Aug 14, 2008
I've often wondered if he likes guys. But glad to know he doesn't
Cedar Ridge Hawk

United States

#43 Aug 15, 2008
I don't know about Doug but Jamie was caught making out with some dude in his driveway in the red audi. It was his fraternity brother.LMAO.Lord I would have hated to be in that frat. Wonder what the initiation would be? The guy needs to come out of the closet and quit lying about it to his family. Guess he is afraid he will get cutoff?
If I was Doug I would shoot at him too.
ttyl

United States

#44 Aug 19, 2008
Oh have you heard the latest in the pin oak trail saga. Jamie has shaved his head and claims that the scratches he has on him is caused by his cancer treatment not by drunk falling. Claims he has cancer to get attention. The guy is wearing out his neighbors and they are wanting to move. We need to do the community a favor and commit him to a looney bin somewhere.
C-Man

Somerset, KY

#45 Aug 19, 2008
This is some funny shit.. JCBW kicks all other law firms a$$.... Doug is far from being involved with Jamie and i really don't think a gun shot was even fired... and if there was some shootin going on but i dont think it was a gun.. gas on it!!!
ttyl

United States

#47 Aug 25, 2008
Looks like the trail has calmed down just a little bit. Maybe the mommy told them to calm down or someone would have to get job and make payments all by himself. I know one thing I am gonna protect my children and the next time I see the drunk in the red car or golf cart I'm calling the law. DUI's can be obtained in a golf cart.FYI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr IND 151,880
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 2 hr Oreo madness 9,312
Trump's KKK For The U.S.A. 2 hr republicunts 12
Republicans To Run Ads Against Trump 4 hr Farm_er 1
Hillary says; Trump is a klansmen 4 hr Farm_er 6
Hey Big Red ! 5 hr Curious 9
Shannon The Libtard 6 hr Libs are liars 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance