julie

London, KY

#23 Jul 14, 2012
life jacket
My friend

Corbin, KY

#24 Jul 14, 2012
hmmm wrote:
How do u go over the spillway ? I have been through there and never seen where u could go over anything, besides the falls. Am I missing something ?
Back in the 70's people used to go down on the other side of the spillway (when water was over the spillway) and ride the rapids on intertubes. My friend was one of those people who went over, Bill Mounce, it was three days before they found him.
whoa

Orlando, FL

#26 Jul 14, 2012
Hawk creek man wrote:
There was a Hawk Crk man named Verdis Hubbard, who drowned about 40 yrs ago and his body was never found.
verd got drownd in wood creek not larel lake.but his body was still never found.
RedneckRampager

Whiting, IN

#27 Jul 15, 2012
I was on the rescue squad for about 15 years. I recall 2 suspected drownings we never found the body on.
long time

East Bernstadt, KY

#28 Jul 16, 2012
baldrocker wrote:
I have lived here since before laurel lake was a lake. There have been several people drown in laurel lake but I cant think of a single one where the body wasnt eventually recovered. There was a couple from ohio that disappeared from their boat which was found going in circles on the lake, I think that was back in the early 80s. The man was later found in florida I dont remember if the woman was with him or not. It was an insurance scam. A few have went over the spillway. one or two have been killed there as well but I dont recall any of them not being recovered. I did leave here for a while in the late 70s early 80s those things may have happened while I was gone from here.
Ghost Lady who was your friends mom? when did it happen
I remember that too
smalleychaser

Winchester, KY

#29 Jul 16, 2012
There was a Lynch man killed there yrs ago at the spillway. Before the beach was built, water ran over the rocks and dropped over a cliff several 100 feet. He dozed off floating in a tube and went over the falls, falling to his death. I think his body was found fairly quick. Thats what I was always told anyway. There was also a man drowned on a jet ski several years ago too. Think they found him as well, a few days later.
setting record stright

Manchester, KY

#32 Jul 17, 2012
smalleychaser wrote:
There was a Lynch man killed there yrs ago at the spillway. Before the beach was built, water ran over the rocks and dropped over a cliff several 100 feet. He dozed off floating in a tube and went over the falls, falling to his death. I think his body was found fairly quick. Thats what I was always told anyway. There was also a man drowned on a jet ski several years ago too. Think they found him as well, a few days later.
TRACY LYNCH he drounded at the spillway and he was recovered didnt ga over the fall he was on a inter tube and could not swim.
smalleychaser

Winchester, KY

#33 Jul 17, 2012
setting record stright wrote:
<quoted text>
TRACY LYNCH he drounded at the spillway and he was recovered didnt ga over the fall he was on a inter tube and could not swim.
Thanks for the clarification on that. I stand corrected.I had always heard he went over the falls asleep in that tube.
Ghost Lady

United States

#34 Jul 17, 2012
Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Not real good with math, huh???
. Haha nope. I dunno exactly how long ago. I just know it happened when her daughter was very small.
Doug

London, KY

#35 Jul 17, 2012
seventies or eighties wrote:
Wasn't there a Liford woman that was never found?
Yes as I recall. I was a freind of the family and to the best of my memory she was never found.
defense attorney

Fairmount, GA

#37 Jul 24, 2012
I can remember of several drownings on Laurel Lake and the bodies were never found. Its a deep lake and it holds many secrets. This lake has several bodies in it that were reported and god only knows of how many were not reported. Pretty scary when you think about it
Secratary Of The Navy

London, KY

#38 Jul 24, 2012
no proof,as there is no proof of who you or i are.On topix we can be anyone.
someone who knows

Barbourville, KY

#39 May 2, 2013
Boater wrote:
Yesterday I was told that 7 people have drowned since the lake was built and there bodies where never found? Can someone please tell me if this is true and when did these people die?
Thanks...
Please no disrespectfully replies!
On June 27, 1982, Patricia Hale Liford, of Tuttle, was involved in a boating accident near the Craig’s Creek Branch of Laurel Lake. Liford, who was 29 at the time of the accident, was boating with Sammy Sturgill, Bobby White and Lloyd Jones when the accident occurred. Her body has never been recovered.
GoodGirl

Georgetown, KY

#40 May 3, 2013
It was on a school day probably 15 years ago. My aunt, cousin, and I decided to go to the lake. There was nobody at all there, and the water was crystal clear. I got busy chasing this little fish that was swimming at my feet, and by the time I went to waist-high water, I saw a huge dark mass about 10 feet from me. I figured it was a drop-off, so I slowly started walking toward it, but realized that this huge mass was getting closer to me faster than what I was walking. When it was just a few feet from me, I bent down to see, and there were little tentacle like things on it, almost like a swimming, breathing bush. I realized that this thing was alive and was so huge it could have easily killed me, and I turned to shoot toward the shore. It must have been just as scared because at the same time, it shot away from me back into the deep water. I have no idea what it was, but it was without a doubt as wide and long as a car. I've not had the nerve to get back into the lake since, at least not past knee-deep. Hopefully one day I might learn what it was, if it dies in my lifetime and washes on shore. Til then, I guess it's a mystery.
baldrocker

London, KY

#41 May 3, 2013
Im stickin to my story. I have lived here just about all my life. Im 67 years old.
I do remember the liford woman being involved in that boating accident.
The rumor was floated around that her husband mite have done her in. I cant remember if her body was ever found.
That is the only one I can think of that may have never been recovered except the guy from mt vernon that they are still looking for.
Whoever defense attorney is you must be talking about another lake.
Several bodies not recovered did not happen at laurel lake.
jess

Ashland, KY

#42 May 5, 2013
someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>On June 27, 1982, Patricia Hale Liford, of Tuttle, was involved in a boating accident near the CraigÂ’s Creek Branch of Laurel Lake. Liford, who was 29 at the time of the accident, was boating with Sammy Sturgill, Bobby White and Lloyd Jones when the accident occurred. Her body has never been recovered.
My mother told me she heard they where on the boat having a party, they looked over and she was gone never to be found again. Very strange! She had a sister that ended up raising her daughter.
Pruitt

Williamsburg, KY

#43 May 5, 2013
They're eaten by the big catfish on the bottom. Some are as long as a car.
KG4KBU

United States

#44 May 5, 2013
Well my great uncle Glen Morgan and his wife Karen were never found. They drowned in the mid to late 70's and I think it was near craigs creek as well. We still have their burial plots at Locust Grove.
Ashley

London, KY

#45 Sep 10, 2013
whoa wrote:
<quoted text>verd got drownd in wood creek not larel lake.but his body was still never found.
He wasn't kin to Monroe and Alvin hubbard was he because I am from hawk creek grew up there
Ashley

London, KY

#46 Sep 10, 2013
he wasn't kin to Monroe and Alvin hubbard was he because I grew up on hawk creek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min ChromiuMan 133,305
Cheddars 1 hr pay stinks probably 5
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Need Jobs 696
lost dog 9 hr owner 52 16
Data Entry pay at SoureCorp/Novitex? 10 hr Lisa 5
House Rawlings Funeral Home (Mar '12) 10 hr London Vet 54
Dr yumang 10 hr Lisa 1
London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance