yep

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

a great non-denominational church is Living Hope. Lynn Dotson is the preacher, and I have always enjoyed listening to him. It's on 192, right before you come to the end of the parkway, kind of in the back. you can dress however, i've seen all types of people there, all kinds of dress.
looking

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Are either of thest churches charismatic ... that is, do they speak in tongues, etc ...
london socialite

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Yes, I have seen people speak in tongues at Living Hope...nothing wrong with it either. Don't reply to me with a bunch of stuff about how you don't believe in it, because I have loads to back it up! If your going to be negative and put God down, keep it to yourself.
info

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

London Community Chruch on Sinking Creek Road.
Non Denominational. Relaxed. Delmer Gross is the pastor.
looking

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

london socialite wrote:
Yes, I have seen people speak in tongues at Living Hope...nothing wrong with it either. Don't reply to me with a bunch of stuff about how you don't believe in it, because I have loads to back it up! If your going to be negative and put God down, keep it to yourself.
Listen, I'm looking for a church for my family. Who do you think you are?! I asked a question to gain information and you assume you know what I wanted and run your mouth. Did it ever occur to you that people will read your rude, argumentative, and misguided comment who are not christians and use your stinky attitude as an excuse not to go to church. Are you prepared to answer for that? Last, how did you know that I wasn't wanting to find the one that was charismatic. You have a problem!
looking

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Laurel Co Girl wrote:
Sometime back someone was looking for a good non-denominational church that does not judge people. I know of a good one. It is called Christian Family Fellowship. Chuch is @ 11 am. Sunday mornings at the Cornerstone Christian School @ Lily. Bible study @ various members homes on Friday nights with food and fellowship. It is a small church but growing. You can dress any way you please so long as it is not offensive by way of wording on clothing or skimpy clothing. In the summer most wear modest shorts and t-shirts.
Could you please give more information on this church? Thanks so much.
new to London

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

london socialite wrote:
We are new to London and looking for a church. Socialite, you have certainly made sure that we do not visit Living Hope Church because, if you are typical of the people who attend there, you are not the type of religious people ( I didn't say christian because your attitude is not christian) that I would want to be around or want my children to be around. Thanks for the heads up so that we didn't waste a Sunday there when we could have been at a church with true worshippers, not hateful, judgmental, loudmouths.
london socialite

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

excuse me, my apologies...i guess i have been on this forum too long, because i know the negativity that comes from just about every comment. i guess that i was just trying to prevent any negativiy about my religion... meant no harm, did not mean to have a bad attitude! do not judge me, you have NO idea what kind of person I am, just sticking up for what i believe in, it just came across the wrong way.

after reading comments, i am not the only person with a loud mouth. it's very easy to come across the wrong way, as i read your comments and thought the VERY same thing about you , that you thought about me. i will be more careful next time.

“blah, blah, blah”

Since: Jan 08

Mayberry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

MY FAMILY IS ALSO NEW IN LONDON, AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CHURCH, BUT I ALWAYS FEEL WEIRD ABOUT JUST SHOWING UP AT A CHURCH UN-INVITED BY A MEMBER, I KNOW I SHOULDN'T THOUGH. I GUESS I DON'T LIKE TO BE PUT UNDER A MICROSCOPE IS ALL. I HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF ASKING PEOPLE THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT MEMBERS SPEAK IN TONGUES, I DON'T HAVE AN OPINION IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG, BUT IT JUST MAKES ME NERVOUS AND KINDA SCARES ME TOO. I LIKE TO GO TO A CHURCH WHERE THRE PASTOR IS LIKE A TEACHING PASTOR, HE PAINTS A PICTURE IN YOUR HEAD, UMM...IF I CAN TRY TO EXPLAIN, I HAVE VISITED SEVERAL DIFERENT CHURCHES AND NONE EVER HELD MY ATTENTION EXCEPT ONE AND THAT PASTOR HAD A UNIQUE STYLE, HE WOULD READ THE SCRIPTURES IN A STORY FORM, HE MADE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WAS RIGHT THERE WHEN IT WAS HAPPENING AND EXPLAINED IT ALL TO MAKE VERY GOOD SENSE, I LOVED IT, BUT ITS IS ON THE OTHER END OF THE STATE. I GOT MORE FROM HIM THAN FROM PASTORS WHO JUST SIMPLY READ THE SCRIPTURES AND CONDEMNS YOU TO HELL! THE CHURCH Living Hope, NEAR THE END OF 192...I AM NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND WHERE EXACTLY, IF YOU ARE GOING TOWARDS THE PARKWAY, IS IT ON THE LEFT OR RIGHT? IS IT NEAR THE AGRICULTURE OFFICE??? WHAT TIME IS SERVICE?
A member

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

Try Soul's Harbor. A wonderful place to find peace from God.
abc

Smithland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

A member wrote:
Try Soul's Harbor. A wonderful place to find peace from God.
Where is this located?
Have u attended and know its a good place of worship...

“blah, blah, blah”

Since: Jan 08

Mayberry

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2008

I'm not sure about exact location of soul's harbour, but i've seen the sign-it's near the west end of 192 at saddlebrook gas station on the left, I think it's Boggs lane or road, there's a big sign there but that's about all I know.
london socialite

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2008

if you are going like you are heading to manchester, the church is on the right. yeah, it's back behind those offices. the services start at 10:45.
GENERATIONX wrote:
MY FAMILY IS ALSO NEW IN LONDON, AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CHURCH, BUT I ALWAYS FEEL WEIRD ABOUT JUST SHOWING UP AT A CHURCH UN-INVITED BY A MEMBER, I KNOW I SHOULDN'T THOUGH. I GUESS I DON'T LIKE TO BE PUT UNDER A MICROSCOPE IS ALL. I HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF ASKING PEOPLE THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT MEMBERS SPEAK IN TONGUES, I DON'T HAVE AN OPINION IF ITS RIGHT OR WRONG, BUT IT JUST MAKES ME NERVOUS AND KINDA SCARES ME TOO. I LIKE TO GO TO A CHURCH WHERE THRE PASTOR IS LIKE A TEACHING PASTOR, HE PAINTS A PICTURE IN YOUR HEAD, UMM...IF I CAN TRY TO EXPLAIN, I HAVE VISITED SEVERAL DIFERENT CHURCHES AND NONE EVER HELD MY ATTENTION EXCEPT ONE AND THAT PASTOR HAD A UNIQUE STYLE, HE WOULD READ THE SCRIPTURES IN A STORY FORM, HE MADE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WAS RIGHT THERE WHEN IT WAS HAPPENING AND EXPLAINED IT ALL TO MAKE VERY GOOD SENSE, I LOVED IT, BUT ITS IS ON THE OTHER END OF THE STATE. I GOT MORE FROM HIM THAN FROM PASTORS WHO JUST SIMPLY READ THE SCRIPTURES AND CONDEMNS YOU TO HELL! THE CHURCH Living Hope, NEAR THE END OF 192...I AM NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND WHERE EXACTLY, IF YOU ARE GOING TOWARDS THE PARKWAY, IS IT ON THE LEFT OR RIGHT? IS IT NEAR THE AGRICULTURE OFFICE??? WHAT TIME IS SERVICE?

Since: Feb 08

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2008

Faith Assembly is having Friend Day tomorrow. Try it. If you like it great, if you don't great. Let God lead, not man.
Cliff

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

looking wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, I'm looking for a church for my family. Who do you think you are?! I asked a question to gain information and you assume you know what I wanted and run your mouth. Did it ever occur to you that people will read your rude, argumentative, and misguided comment who are not christians and use your stinky attitude as an excuse not to go to church. Are you prepared to answer for that? Last, how did you know that I wasn't wanting to find the one that was charismatic. You have a problem!
that was not very nice, londonsocialite. you DO need to find a church for you and your family, not just because of your rude response, but because it's the right thing to do. good luck to you.
Info

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Fariston Christian Church- 601 Fariston Road London (about a mile south of Levi Jackson off 25)
"friendly church where people are loved"
Small church, Casual dress, friendly and loving people.
www.geocities.com/faristonchristian
amen

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Soul's Harbor
Angel Down

Tyner, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

I would give Corinth a try. Looks big from the outside, but very warm and friendly on the inside. If i lived in Laurel Co I would be attending that church. I went to their passion play and it was by far the best I have ever seen. Bro Felty and Pastor Blaylock are the greatest!!! the people welcome you into the church with open arms and believe me they don't judge you by the clothes you wear, car you drive, what job you have - i know because i don't have all those things and they treated me like a human being, not a social status!!!! please give this church a try - the Lord is blessing his house here.
me me

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

GENERATIONX wrote:
come down to hazel green it is in east bernstadt off of n25 on 490, you go about 5or so miles and you will come to hazel green school on the left go on past the schoo; around the curve and it's the 2nd rd on the left, kinda on a hill. wendsday night @7pm and sunday @11 amd 6. we are in revival right now i think till thursday if it don't go longer, please try to come.
EHS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2009

Corinth is a wonderful church. I've been a member there for many years and I met my husband there. God is doing amazing things in our congregation. We'd love to welcome you and your family as our visitors. If God leads you to worship with us on a regular basis we'd be honored to welcome you into our family. If He leads you elsewhere, that's awesome too. As long as you let Him lead...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

118 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min DemocRATS 146,053
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 19 min dodo 81,563
Barely Getting By In Laurel County Kentucky 22 min True 8
Illegal immagrants 23 min Curmudgeon 179
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr curious 128,518
charles ray hubbard 1 hr Wondering 4
Years To Come: How Will You Remember Obama? 2 hr real 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

London Jobs

•••