Swap Shop and Laurel County Live

Posted in the London Forum

Radio Listener

London, KY

#1 Nov 20, 2007
I don't know how many of you out there listen to Joe B. on WFTG Monday through Saturday. He has the Swap Shop on mostly for the first hour which starts at 8:00. Then at 9:00 he changes the show a little, it is more fun to me, because I have nothing I want to Swap or Sell. On the second hour of his show, he has trivia, and little tests, and the listeners can call in and try answering the tests and trivia. I enjoy it so much.

In fact I had quit WFTG completely until I learned about Joe B.'s show, and I very seldom miss it. I was so disgusted when they started The Neil Borch (sp.) show. That man is the most unbearable talk show man I have ever tried to listen to, so therefore I had quit the Radio completely until someone enlightened me about Joe B.s show. I rate Joe B.'s show an "A" and the Neil Borch show an "F". I wish the WFTG management would get wise and cancel the Neil Borch show and extend Joe B.'s show another hour, they could have the Swap Shop an hour and one-half, then his Triva and just talking to us Listeners an hour and one-half.

I realize that WFTG is not going to let me do their programming schedule, but if they can't have Joe B. on for three hours, they could at least move Joe and Danny show back to 10:00 and move that Neil Borch person to 5:00 or whatever time they have moved Joe and Danny to, because I never listen to them anymore and don't know of a lot that does.

I hope you people out there will respond to this and let me know how you feel.

I love Joe B's Swap Shop and Laurel County Live Show, and I was really enjoying the Joe Hall and Danny Crum show, until they moved them to 5:00 and replaced them with "Neal Borch".
Agreeing

London, KY

#2 Nov 20, 2007
I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO THAT WFTG DID NOT KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM THEIR STATION. I TOO DID NOT LIKE IT WHEN THEY PUT JOE HALL AND CRUM ON AT 5:00 IN THE AFTERNOON, SURELY THEY KNOW THAT NOONE LISTENS TO WFTG AT THAT HOUR AND I THINK THAT WOULDE BE A GREAT TIME FOR NEAL BORSCHE, EVERF HOW YOU SPELL THAT DUDES NAME.

I HAVE NEVER LISTENED TO WFTG AT 8:00 OR 9:00 IN THE MORNINGS, BUT WILL BE DFINITELY SIGNING IN. THAT SWAP/LAUREL LIVE SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. THANKS FOR FILLING ME IN ON THIS.
radio man

AOL

#3 Nov 23, 2007
I also like the Joe B. and Denny show I think they should put it back on at 10, I don't ever get to listen to it at 5. I wish they would also extend laurel county live.
Defender

London, KY

#4 Nov 24, 2007
I really wish they would get rid of the Neal Borsch Guy (ever how you spell that last name), and bring back Joe B. and Denny. I cannot believe they put them on at 5:00 p.m., like anybody in Laurel County is listening to that at that time of day. It is sickening.
Honestly

London, KY

#5 Nov 25, 2007
I am glad someone else don't like it that they replaced Joe B. Hall and Denny Crum with that Neal Person.

I also agree with whoever is wanting them to extend Jolly Joe's show to three hours, that would be wonderful. We love that show in this house, was disappointed that it wasn't on this morning, then I realized this is Sunday.

I wish someone could get through to WFTG and get Joe Hall and Denny Crum back on at a decent hour, and extend Jolly Joe's Swap Shop/Laurel County Live to 11:00 a.m. What would be wrong with Joe Hall and Denny Crum being on from 11:00 to 12:00 noon. If they are determined to have Neal B. on, I think 5:00 p.m. would be a great time for him.
GiveItUp

London, KY

#6 Nov 29, 2007
I agree with you Honestly. Seems like Joe Birchel's show has really made it big. I don't know of anyone that listens to Neal (whatever his last name is), but they seemed determined to keep him on at that hour. If they want give Joe Birchel another hour, they should at least move Joe B. and Denny C.'s show to 11:00 and as someone had stated, put Neal ? on at 5:00.
Bandit

London, KY

#7 Dec 1, 2007
Why don't you write to the station? I doubt their owners read this.
radio

AOL

#8 Dec 6, 2007
what is wftg problem, now Joe is gone. Every time they get a good dj working there they get rid of them. WHY???
info

Corbin, KY

#9 Dec 6, 2007
The owners care about nothing. They want people to work for free while they are being treated like crap. That is probably the reason Joe left, and every other decent person before him. The way to hurt them is for businesses to stop buying advertising from them, even if it is dirt cheap.
GGG

London, KY

#10 Jul 1, 2008
This is like my favorite show by far. I always cheer for the blue one
for sale

London, KY

#11 Sep 11, 2008
I have a 87 Dodge Ram for sale, it would make a good work truck for someone, I would like to get 500.00 for it. I know this is more of an opinion page, but I figured what the heck!
i heard

Cynthiana, KY

#12 Jun 17, 2009
that adam webb that does the swap shop is leaving...is that true?
want to know

London, KY

#13 Jun 18, 2009
he (adam) sucks anyway, get a personality man!!!
ahh

Cynthiana, KY

#14 Jul 5, 2009
well he has an alright personality...but i think he should stick with playin music on sam and let this josh kid do the swap shop hes getting the hang of it seems like
I bet you want to know

Washburn, TN

#15 May 31, 2011
Whomever "Want to Know" is, you're crazy for saying that Adam didn't have a personality. Adam was the best on Swap Shop, and all other shows he does now, live remotes, DJ parties, kicking it up on K-town and on the beach. He comes out to get to know people and went on to bigger and better radio broadcasting in bigger cities. I am a follower of Adam the DJ, he's moved on keeping it real and alive in places you've only dreamed of, doing what is right for radio. What are you doing "Want To Know"? HUH? You small town one hit wonder.
Natasha

Georgetown, KY

#16 Nov 14, 2011
Burr its cold in here, there must be some blankets be for sale somwhere. Have I got a deal for you some ty-blankets made of two layers of fleece, custom made,each blanket is unquie. I have two UK, one South Laurel- or Lousville Cardinal, breast cancer awareness, and two different winter designed blankets completed at this time. Please contact me for your blanket. Price depends on the size and brand of material. Makes excellent Christmas Gifts. Merry Christmas! 16062317494
Bob

Ford City, PA

#17 Nov 14, 2011
So Sad!! This post has been out there for 4 years.......... and WFTG STILL hasn't figured anything out!!!
Why can't they just run something like CNN news 24/7?? It would be better than that stuff on there now.
mattiejane

Titusville, FL

#18 Jan 9, 2012
Neil Borsch is by far the most caustic, underhanded radio personality I have ever listened to in my life. He is an agitator, a racist and a hillbilly. He detests our President and has no qualms about saying so. He manufacturers things President Obama is doing and will not and cannot give him credit for anything. He also hates Muslims. I heard him tell one off the other day. It isn't fair or humane to treat people like he does.
He has been hired to agitate not educate and I feel sorry for the people in small towns with limited radio access that have to listen to this blowhard mold their minds in an anti-American way.
I am going to do what I can to get this guy tossed off the air. He is distastefully obnoxious. Furthermore, he is wrong. Our President is a good one and has done great things for all of us.
twinkle

United States

#19 Jan 9, 2012
I love listening to it. Its so funny sometimes.
Neal Boortz

Middlesboro, KY

#20 Jan 9, 2012
Boortz. Neal Boortz. Boortz, Boortz, Boortz.

Let me spell it for you. B - O - O - R - T - Z

BOORTZ!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free Goat 23 min Riley 2
Alan and Debra Bray 26 min Sester 2
North football 27 min Jag Fan 41
Patrick Needham 1 hr Curious 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr so true 131,417
Elementary basketball (bush) 3 hr spectator 5
jobs opening 3 hr Need job badly 5
Who Is Bringing In the Illegal Aliens? 3 hr old lady 41
Judge Lawson Vs Stephen Jones who will you vote... (Jan '14) 6 hr Me Again 93
London Dating