Free WIFI in London?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dobber

Somerset, KY

#1 Aug 23, 2007
My laptop keeps picking up a wireless connection in London that's named "FREE PUBLIC WIFI". I have picked up a strong signal around KY Fried Chicken and also around Ruby Tuesdays. However, I can't seem to connect to the connection. Anyone have any idea where this signal is coming from and how to connect to it?
mommyof3

London, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2007
I am sure you are picking it up from some of the Motels. Just a guess!!
Londoner

London, KY

#3 Aug 23, 2007
Dobber wrote:
My laptop keeps picking up a wireless connection in London that's named "FREE PUBLIC WIFI". I have picked up a strong signal around KY Fried Chicken and also around Ruby Tuesdays. However, I can't seem to connect to the connection. Anyone have any idea where this signal is coming from and how to connect to it?
I believe the Red Roof Inn behind KFC has wireless internet and the Hotel beside Ruby Tuesday has it too. The city is supposed to be putting in public wireless internet on main street with unsecure connections so anyone can use it in town.
AndyCapp

Hopkinsville, KY

#4 Aug 24, 2007
Londoner wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the Red Roof Inn behind KFC has wireless internet and the Hotel beside Ruby Tuesday has it too. The city is supposed to be putting in public wireless internet on main street with unsecure connections so anyone can use it in town.
Main street will be very usefull espicially when I am there....Wait I am never there, I think it would be more useful near the Library and the somerset college ext.
Baby Bear

London, KY

#5 Aug 26, 2007
My son claims that Krystal has WIFI. It is called Krystal Kafe or something like that. Seems kind of unusual, but that's what he said.
AndyCapp

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Aug 27, 2007
Baby Bear wrote:
My son claims that Krystal has WIFI. It is called Krystal Kafe or something like that. Seems kind of unusual, but that's what he said.
Actually a lot of fast food places have wi-fi Mcdonalds started the trend, they figure if you lounge around a bit longer the more money you will spend.
London neighbor

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Sep 1, 2007
Baby Bear wrote:
Yea that got free internet, I asked the chick at the drive-thur window yesterday and she said yes.
Fry cook

Cynthiana, KY

#8 Sep 5, 2007
bump
Donda

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Mar 6, 2008
McDs has wifi
warningwillrobin son

Lexington, KY

#10 Mar 6, 2008
If youíre standing at Weaverís
(best darn hot dogs on main)
look across the street at the building undergoing a makeover, there is a wifi box with antennas on the roof.
Iíve never tried to pick up the signal, but yes there is wifi in downtown London.

Free ? yeah right, good one !
ithink

Corbin, KY

#11 Mar 7, 2008
I think we should have free county wide wifi!
Mandy J

Manchester, KY

#12 Mar 7, 2008
Be careful as most wifi is not that secure.
Best Yet

Manchester, KY

#13 Mar 8, 2008
Good advice. Most restaurants offering it do a pretty good job.

Since: Mar 08

Dallas, TX

#14 Mar 11, 2008
watch out for scammers trying to hack your computer when you connect to a wifi trap
Tip

United States

#15 Mar 11, 2008
there is FREE.. wi-Fi in downtown London. It is called London Downtown WI-FI it can be picked up between 9th and National City Bank along Main ST. Specifically in the pocket park and in front of court house, expanding to Broad St soon.
TellTheTruth

Lexington, KY

#16 Mar 11, 2008
It is supposed to be available on Broad Street sometime soon. The antenna thing is supposed to be put on top of The Sentinel-Echo.
EviLNygma

London, UK

#17 Jul 17, 2008
Dobber wrote:
dobber.. i have also picked up this wifi "Free Public WiFi" on laptop, ipod and on my mobile phone. No matter what I do it will accept connection but you cannot browse or download anything. I'm pretty sure its not "free" as I think you have to sign up as a member and pay a subscription to join.... but not to use.
Free

Middlesboro, KY

#18 Jul 17, 2008
It is free I use it everyday!!
Wanttoknow

London, KY

#19 Dec 16, 2010
Wendys offers free wifi it was open to use last time i was there, that is if you can put up with the sewer smell when your out in the parking lot. Other business' offer it free, the motels around 192 and old whitley road offer it but you need to get access codes from the person manning the motels reception desk. Starbucks announced not too long ago they were going to offer it free but with starbucks products you cant get anywhere else. That means your probably going to get a lot of ads too.
WiFi

London, KY

#20 Oct 6, 2012
Just today, I tried to access the free WiFi while sitting in the Pocket Park, on Main St, but wasnít able to. It kept showing on my Tablet, Free Wifi, but still I was never able to access the Internet. Not sure why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min old man 172,995
aa? 45 min Asunder 22
hawk creek church (Feb '08) 54 min 2 B or not 2 B 536
Laurel co school metal detectors 1 hr Wade err 49
Is it legal to have a video camera pointed at y... (Aug '12) 1 hr Wade err 193
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 1 hr Intrepid Surfer 1,939
Who is cheating at Souls Harbor church (Dec '10) 2 hr Good Foot 10

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages