What is up with the Canning Factory

What is up with the Canning Factory

Posted in the London Forum

Susie

Richlands, VA

#1 Jun 21, 2008
Are they Hiring? Or are they still working on the buiding.
information

Hazard, KY

#2 Jun 22, 2008
When i called they said they were having a job fair at the comunity center building in downtown london on July 29th from 12:00 - 6:00.
curious

Tyner, KY

#3 Jun 22, 2008
information wrote:
When i called they said they were having a job fair at the comunity center building in downtown london on July 29th from 12:00 - 6:00.
where or what# did you call to get any info?
A reliable source

Dade City, FL

#4 Jun 24, 2008
Well... First of all it's not the canning factory. It is Truitt Brothers and they will be making shelf stable meals for various different companies. If you are interested in jobs you can find the jobs on www.oet.ky.gov then enter 40729 for the zip code. The Job fair is July 29th from 12:00-6:00 and there will be several jobs open. The Fair is at the community center in London. I have talked to the Ladies in HR and they are very nice and excited about the fair.
fred

Richmond, VA

#5 Jul 20, 2008
can i apply on line

“Let's see what's goin' on.”

Since: Aug 07

East Bernstadt, ky

#6 Jul 20, 2008
A reliable source wrote:
Well... First of all it's not the canning factory. It is Truitt Brothers and they will be making shelf stable meals for various different companies. If you are interested in jobs you can find the jobs on www.oet.ky.gov then enter 40729 for the zip code. The Job fair is July 29th from 12:00-6:00 and there will be several jobs open. The Fair is at the community center in London. I have talked to the Ladies in HR and they are very nice and excited about the fair.
I heard the job fair was July 28th? Is it for sure the 29th? Thanks.
Newspaper reader

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Jul 20, 2008
Curious_Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard the job fair was July 28th? Is it for sure the 29th? Thanks.
YES, YES. according to this newspaper article.

Published: July 16, 2008 09:45 am

Truitt Bros. to hold job fair in London

Starting pay estimated at $10-$15 per hour

By Brad Hicks / Staff Writer

The Cumberland Valley Area Development District will host a job fair for Truitt Brothers food distribution center on July 29 at the London Community Center from noon to 6 p.m.

While the company has hired most of its maintenance staff already, Sandy Birkholz, business liaison/case manager with the CVADD, said the focus of the job fair will be to draw in potential employees for shift work, which she said will make up the majority of the company’s work force.

Human resource representatives from Truitt Brothers, which is based out of Orergon, will be on hand in two areas of the community center. In one, a video will be shown to give potential applicants an idea of what the company expects from employees and what employees can expect from the company. The video will show what the job entails and benefits packages available to employees will be discussed.

In the other area, those wishing to seek employment with Truitt Brothers will have the opportunity to fill out and submit applications.

In April, the Laurel County Fiscal Court approved the use of $16 million in revenue bonds to renovate and re-equip the closed Gordon Food Services distribution center in East Bernstadt for Truitt Brothers.

Ron Davis, general manager of Truitt Brothers, said the company hopes to employ between 150 to 200 people by March 2009 and hopes to have the center operational by September next year, with products being sent to customers in October. It was announced in 2007 the company wanted to use the old GFS building for a center in Laurel County. Starting pay for jobs there was estimated to be in the neighborhood of $10 to $15 an hour.

East Bernstadt, ky

#8 Jul 20, 2008
THANK YOU THANK YOU. I just was unsure and hadn't seen the article myself. Appreciate the clarification though.
Newspaper reader

Cynthiana, KY

#9 Jul 20, 2008
Curious_Me wrote:
THANK YOU THANK YOU. I just was unsure and hadn't seen the article myself. Appreciate the clarification though.
YW, just glad to help ppl keep on track.

East Bernstadt, ky

#10 Jul 20, 2008
Newspaper reader wrote:
<quoted text>
YW, just glad to help ppl keep on track.
LOL We all need put back on track from time to time!
Curious

Somerset, KY

#11 Sep 14, 2009
what is the phone number to the plant
Duh

Pikeville, KY

#12 Sep 14, 2009
Curiosity killed the CAT !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ricky Smallwood 1 hr Lawnmower Man 23
ricky and ashley 1 hr Lawnmower Man 3
to the women screwing my husband 1 hr insercurity 27
Teddy benge ( our so called magistrate) 2 hr Victim 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 147,302
K & K Storage Units 3 hr PISSED OFF 1
to alll cheese eaters (Aug '09) 4 hr Cheesy 173
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages