sugar gliders
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ruby

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Feb 4, 2008
Does anyone have a sugar glider for sale or know someone who does? If so please contact me.

“Who stole my ID?”

Since: Dec 07

Kentucky

#2 Feb 5, 2008
There is a place at the flea market over on KY 229 that sells them. Its outside on the east side of the big shed.

Since: Jan 08

Corbin, KY

#3 Feb 5, 2008
What the heck is a sugar glider

“Am I kewl?”

Since: Feb 08

the pound

#4 Feb 5, 2008
Sugar gliders are tiny gliding opossums from Indonesia, New Guinea, New Zealand and Australia. Wild sugar gliders live in colonies of 6 to 15 animals in tree hollows or other nests made of vegetation. They spend daylight hours cuddling in their nest. Early evening and night will find them foraging for food and protecting their tree.

An adult sugar glider is about the size of a hamster or flying squirrel, approximately 5 to 7 inches long from tip of nose to base of tail. Adults in proper body condition weigh between 3 and 4 ounces. The tail is fluffy, often curls on the end and usually is longer than the body length.

A young sugar glider is silver-gray with a black stripe that starts just above the nose leather and extends over the forehead, down the neck and back and joins the black tail. A dark stripe also runs from the outside corner of the eye to the ear. Captive-raised sugar gliders remain this color throughout their lives. Wild sugar gliders are born this color but usually become stained cocoa brown from the vegetation and tree sap in their nests. Their new coats will come in silver-gray after shedding the old coat.

The sugar glider's belly is a soft white, meeting the gray exactly at the outside edge of the fully furred gliding membranes. This gives a unique scalloped effect when they are relaxed. The sugar glider has four fingers and an opposable thumb on its hands and feet. The thumbs on the rear feet are without claws. Toes and fingers have small pads that help the animal grasp food and branches. Each toe and finger ends in a sharp claw that can hook like Velcro to nonslick surfaces.

Go look for pics

http://search.yahoo.com/search...

Since: Jan 08

AOL

#5 Feb 5, 2008
Why would anybody want one?

“Am I kewl?”

Since: Feb 08

the pound

#6 Feb 5, 2008
Laurel Co Girl wrote:
Why would anybody want one?
Good question, but you know it takes all kinds to make the world turn.

I sure don't want one,but hey they are cute to look at. I have seen those at the flea market place. And those people had a pet skunk there too. PEWWWWWWWWWW

“Who stole my ID?”

Since: Dec 07

Kentucky

#7 Feb 6, 2008
bump
crazy_man_187

London, KY

#9 Feb 6, 2008
I know a man who raises sugar gliders. They run free in his house!
Radar

London, KY

#10 Feb 7, 2008
They make really good gravy too....
Mel

Corbin, KY

#11 Feb 7, 2008
you can go to www.corbinky.com ...and go to the classifieds there and ppl have sugar gliders on there for sale all the time!
cassie

United States

#12 Sep 4, 2008
looking for sugar glider in Winchester, KY
Jan

Danville, KY

#13 Dec 16, 2008
cassie wrote:
looking for sugar glider in Winchester, KY
If you are still looking, contact me at [email protected]
Jan

Danville, KY

#14 Dec 16, 2008
Located in Danville, KY
trish

Boston, MA

#15 Dec 17, 2008
does any one no what to do if ur sugar glider gets hurt. my sugar glider looks like it got hurt on its right middle finger it looks like the nail is lifted please help with some suggestions have no vet near me to help found out recently cant have them where i am cause they r exotic
holly

Rockwall, TX

#16 Feb 17, 2009
I need to know what to do we have three female sugar gliders that were getting along fine but now two of them attacked one and the ripped her tail off. it is hanging on by a tiny piece of fur. i think I need to cut it but I'm scared she will run and I wll hurt her more. what do I do? it is my sisters and i don't want it to die. it's the only tame one.
Jane

Winter Park, FL

#17 Apr 26, 2009
Are they good to eat?
had one

East Bernstadt, KY

#18 Apr 27, 2009
they are cute we had one for couple of years. they are stinkie little things was the bad part. we had to move and couldnt take it with us so gave it away. it was a real fun pet got away from us once we were scared it had got out of house. it had been gone about 3 days i went to do lanudry out in garage and saw one of my purses hanging out there move there it was. they sleep in a pouch that hangs in their cage. we could carry it in our pockets and it would jump from one person to another. it would make the oddest sounds. they are really good at getting out of their cages. they like to sleep during the day and play at night or thats how ours was. our nephew from florida raised them for a while his mom didnt like the smell either so he had to get rid of them. the smell was the only thing i didnt like about them other than that they are a cute little pet.
AlrightHereGoes

London, KY

#19 Apr 27, 2009
Yea my sister had a pair for awhile, they are adorable but they do smell really bad.
Pocket Pets

Gorham, IL

#20 Jun 8, 2009
Army Wife

Somerset, KY

#21 Jul 22, 2009
Hey my husband is coming home from his 2nd deployment to afghanistan on wednesday and I really want to get him a sugar glider to suprise him. anyone have any or know where I could get one? Im in london til Friday and live in Ft Campbell KY. Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min Cornfused 163,805
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 1 hr The Real Yeti 1,450
Jane Butcher vs Erin Butcher (Jul '09) 1 hr Tennessee 23
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 1 hr Downhill 9,419
Walk to Emmaus DECEPTION or NOt? (Nov '12) 3 hr John 708
levi jackson state park 9 hr Get your facts st... 28
Last Post Wins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Dec '10) 10 hr Princess Hey 4,544

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages