Who has the best coverage? Boost Mobile, Straight Talk, Net 10?

Posted in the London Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated May 27, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
needs2know

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

I'm thinking about switching from Verizon to a pre-paid plan and was wondering who has the best coverage?

This is what I've found out so far:

Boost Mobile: 50.00 month unlimited plus taxes & fees

Straight Talk: 45.00 month unlimited pre-paid

Net 10: 50.00 a month unlimited

Right now we pay about 76.00 a month for unlimited with Verizon and that's for one phone and after taxes.

I just need to know who has the best coverage for this area before I switch. Anyone got any opinions or thoughts?

Since: Dec 08

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

straight talk
yes

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

We love Boost Mobile.
OMG

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Nextel and now Boost have given me really good service for about 10 years. Boost is $50 plus state sales tax, no fees, in other words $53.00.
MasterofMonster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

I need a better deal on phone service because I need to save money. Sprint is killing me!

Anywho, I live in Virginia near Louisa. Does Straight Talk have good coverage in this and the surrounding areas, or is there a better offer from someone else? Please help! T_T
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

i have a straight talk phone and its the Nokia E71 not only does it look like a blackberry but its better for 45 a month and unlimited ,talk,txt,web with web video access unlimited calls to 411 the best coverage where ever u go now tell me can Boost mobile do that??? Not at all, if you dont believe me see urself please, trust me straight talk is a good deal
kaitlyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

STRAIGHT TALK RULES! Ur the best!
PickyPetunia

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Does anyone know how to find out what prepaid service unlimited plan or one with ability to provide more minutes, text, and possibly web will have the best coverage in general?(i.e. straight talk, net10, etc.) I'm leaning toward Straight Talk. I live in Charlotte, NC, and I desperately need some help on this one. Thanks!

p.s.
I own a samsung t401g. I mention it because I understand that as much as the coverage area varies, so does the functioning of the phones.

Thanks for any and all help!!:)
Its Me Myself

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

PickyPetunia wrote:
Does anyone know how to find out what prepaid service unlimited plan or one with ability to provide more minutes, text, and possibly web will have the best coverage in general?(i.e. straight talk, net10, etc.) I'm leaning toward Straight Talk. I live in Charlotte, NC, and I desperately need some help on this one. Thanks!
p.s.
I own a samsung t401g. I mention it because I understand that as much as the coverage area varies, so does the functioning of the phones.
Thanks for any and all help!!:)
That phone is made for straight talk,only.go to their web site,put in your zip code. and it will tell you whether the service is good in your area or not.
hmmm

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Not tried Boost. I love my straight talk....it uses Verizon towers. $45.00 unlimied, buying a longer period gets it cheaper.
My two cents

Rock Springs, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Judged:

Straight talk is good indeed. You have to make sure to get the phone model that you want cause some phones will only work on at&t towers whereas others will work only on verizon towers. I'm not 100% sure but i don't think buying a longer card for ST will make it cheaper. I think it all goes up in $45 increments. I think it's just for convience so you don't have to go out and buy a new card every month if you don't want to...
hmmm

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

They are having a special. Well, sending to my email. 3 mos for 126. 6 mos for 250, a year for 500
My two cents

Rock Springs, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

Aww that's sweet man! I should check into that! Thanks :)
ignacio

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

Judged:

ok i hive cricket and unlimited talk text is 35.00 per moth but is desnot good coverage so wich is bast t-mobile or verizon or att or staight talk or net10
ignacio

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

wich is the bast plan att or t-mobie or boost mobile or verizon or straight talk or net10 or just live with cricket wich is the bast ok
hmmm

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

S Talk ues Verizon and ATT service according to which phone u buy. I think its the best.
att customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

st is from net 10. they use att or verizon towers. i am in conflict with att cuz for the past 6 wks my service has been very poor. before then never had problems. they say that they are having issues with towers. well i believe with all the increase in prepaid customers that the towers are overloaded and seems the regular att customers are suffering. i know of other reg customers having poor service. att only will give a credit to your bill but that does not help when you need service that you are paying for. they will not let out of contract without paying a fine. i had use someones straight talk phone to talk to att about this problem cuz my att service would not put callls thru or would shut off during calls. att customers should file suit against them if this is not resolved. att customers are paying higher prices and all the added taxes and fees some that are hidden. while pre paid are using the towers and not having to pay all the high prices. i am def leaving att when my contract is up. but your best o
Danny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

CDMA phones work better in KENTUCKY becouse of the hills it carres much further net 10 cdma roams on other cdma towers other than verizon so far its the best pre paid plan for 50 dollers a month str8 talk only works on verizon towers with NO roaming an the str8 talk GSM only works good in citys an towns.pageplus is good its cdma an works good on verizon towers an it will roam on other componeys but you pay 29 cents a min all thes are unlimeted plans with no contuct sp i woulg go with net10 first an pageplus 2nd.but if your on str8 talk you cant roam if you need it the phone will go of thanks DANNY
altered destiny

Elkhorn, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2012

Had cricket for 2 yrs and changed to straight talk because better price and better coverage for WI
i hate straight talk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

The worst company I've ever used! I haven't been receiving text over straight talk very upset now I'm lost cuz idk what to switch to :-/ I'm a college student so budget is everything I don't use a lot of minutes can someone help me out? I'm looking for good service and cheap plan

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min SNYB 128,744
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,374
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 44 min clueless 1,015
Medicaid Suboxone patients (Nov '11) 48 min concerned 22
Riley is Right for Mayor in London 1 hr HAHAHA 7
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr culture vulture 16,118
School at old Lily School 2 hr Waussup 2
Stop Odumba WAR ON COAL 3 hr truth 96
Illegal immagrants 4 hr Patriot 239
•••
•••
•••
London Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

London Jobs

•••