walmart lawsuit
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

AOL

#1 Mar 2, 2010
http://www.thetimestribune.com/local/local_st...

It's about time. I hope all you ladies think about this next time you get ready to shop Walmart.
Facts

Waneta, KY

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Please explain,,,
chipchick wrote:
http://www.thetimestribune.com /local/local_story_061085700.h tml
It's about time. I hope all you ladies think about this next time you get ready to shop Walmart.
nothin new

London, KY

#3 Mar 3, 2010
This is the same stuff the old walmart store was doing when they first opened in 1987. That's why I quit there. They would promote a man to upper management training who had no experience over a woman with experience. I should have filed a lawsuit against them myself, but didn't. I chose to leave and start my own business instead. But I am really glad they finally got nailed.
And yes. I have been trying to boycott walmart for several years now.
horsey

Cynthiana, KY

#4 Mar 3, 2010
This was actually concerning the distribution center, not the actual store.
nothin new

London, KY

#5 Mar 3, 2010
Yes. I realize this is about the distribution center and not the super center. But it's all the same big corporation; the same rules apply, etc...
wondering

London, KY

#6 Mar 4, 2010
i was wondering if anybody knows how many women are involved in this?
female trucker

Kittanning, PA

#7 Mar 4, 2010
I just don't see where you women say wal-mart won't hire women or didn't hire women. I drive out of that DC and if that is the case why is there women there that have jackets stating that they have been there 15 years? If they didn't hire women years ago how did they get there jobs. Maybe if you women would grow up and try alittle harder you would get a job. Instead of getting turned down, giving up and running and getting a lawyer. This just makes me sick. I don't get my way so i am gonna start a law suit. So my point grow up and be a woman and stop acting like a child.
So true

Winchester, KY

#8 Mar 4, 2010
Thank you female trucker...you took the words right out of my mouth!! Its all about getting something for nothing!
Not true for everyone

London, KY

#9 Mar 4, 2010
I am sure some of the women in the case are just looking for money but I also believe a lot of them were treated unfairly. I had things said to me personally in an interview that was uncalled for. I even said I thought I didn't get hired because I was a woman long before a lawsuit started.
DC Employee

Manchester, KY

#10 Mar 4, 2010
female trucker wrote:
I just don't see where you women say wal-mart won't hire women or didn't hire women. I drive out of that DC and if that is the case why is there women there that have jackets stating that they have been there 15 years? If they didn't hire women years ago how did they get there jobs. Maybe if you women would grow up and try alittle harder you would get a job. Instead of getting turned down, giving up and running and getting a lawyer. This just makes me sick. I don't get my way so i am gonna start a law suit. So my point grow up and be a woman and stop acting like a child.
If u have seen a women in that dc with a 15 year jacket than they have a office job for which they have got hired into probably when the place first opened. Until this lawsuit started that's the only place that u would see women is in the office(which there are very few jobs). The DC in london is run by there own set of rules set forth by bad management. The only solution for workers of the Dc is to unionize so, the management can't continue to treat people like dirt.
whatever

Cynthiana, KY

#11 Mar 4, 2010
women shouldn't work. this is dumb way to screw up jobs and do absolutely nothing. show you can work before they hire you is why you didn't get hired. woman should cook. and do my laundry.
susie

Harrogate, TN

#12 Mar 4, 2010
female trucker wrote:
First of all female trucker, we women didn't obtain a lawyer to start a "lawsuit" against walmart distribution. The EEOC filed the suit due to the fact that were women who were discriminated against back in 1998. get your facts and try a "little" harder to understand. The women that were hired there 15 years ago or longer most likely got lucky and got on due to the fact they may have known someone who pulled for them. It is a fact there was true "discrimination" against women who walked in and filled out an application and how much harder would you try, other than "begging" for a job. If you have the qualification's then you should be called in for an interview. I am a women not a dyke!!!!!
Cindy

Harrogate, TN

#13 Mar 4, 2010
susie wrote:
<quoted text> First of all female trucker, we women didn't obtain a lawyer to start a "lawsuit" against walmart distribution. The EEOC filed the suit due to the fact that were women who were discriminated against back in 1998. get your facts and try a "little" harder to understand. The women that were hired there 15 years ago or longer most likely got lucky and got on due to the fact they may have known someone who pulled for them. It is a fact there was true "discrimination" against women who walked in and filled out an application and how much harder would you try, other than "begging" for a job. If you have the qualification's then you should be called in for an interview. I am a women not a dyke!!!!!
Sorry sweetie, but your own your own!!! I wouldn't do your laundry, because I am looking for a good man to do my laundry and bring me breakfast in bed ha ha !!! Good Luck!!
male4u

Greenbrier, AR

#14 Mar 4, 2010
susie wrote:
<quoted text> First of all female trucker, we women didn't obtain a lawyer to start a "lawsuit" against walmart distribution. The EEOC filed the suit due to the fact that were women who were discriminated against back in 1998. get your facts and try a "little" harder to understand. The women that were hired there 15 years ago or longer most likely got lucky and got on due to the fact they may have known someone who pulled for them. It is a fact there was true "discrimination" against women who walked in and filled out an application and how much harder would you try, other than "begging" for a job. If you have the qualification's then you should be called in for an interview. I am a women not a dyke!!!!!
The ladies that are there in the office postions come from the walmart store here in london!! i know because i was working for walmart at the time the dc opened and most of all of them come from the store here in london!! and most of them had been at walmart for many many years and did desever the jobs that they have!!
female trucker

Kittanning, PA

#15 Mar 4, 2010
susie wrote:
Firs of all i am not a dyke!!!! If you ever saw me you would never think i drive a truck for a living. I am married to a great man to. I also know that some of the women that worked there did start out order filling just like everyone has to start. And no they don't work in the office. I just believe everyone thinks wal-mart and they see $$$$$$ and want to sue whether you hired the lawyer or not. Yes they are some managers that shouldn't be in that position because of there attitudes against women. But i do know they hired women, just because you didn't get the job, don't mean other women didn't get one. Because i know of 6 right off the top of my head. And not even having to think hard about it. So i do know the facts on what i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!
associate

Manchester, KY

#16 Mar 5, 2010
female trucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Firs of all i am not a dyke!!!! If you ever saw me you would never think i drive a truck for a living. I am married to a great man to. I also know that some of the women that worked there did start out order filling just like everyone has to start. And no they don't work in the office. I just believe everyone thinks wal-mart and they see $$$$$$ and want to sue whether you hired the lawyer or not. Yes they are some managers that shouldn't be in that position because of there attitudes against women. But i do know they hired women, just because you didn't get the job, don't mean other women didn't get one. Because i know of 6 right off the top of my head. And not even having to think hard about it. So i do know the facts on what i am talking about!!!!!!!!!!
I guarantee u couldn't name 6 that started out orderfilling before this lawsuit came about. I have been with walmart for over 15 years and I couldn't name 6.
I dont understand

London, KY

#17 Mar 5, 2010
I know a girl who used to work at the store that got hired on.. I'm not sexist but I think companies should hire whoever they want especially when its a job that really has no qualifications.. I mean common who doesn't have a diploma? I'm sure the person that was hired over you had one.. If you don't have training in a skill that makes you valuable then I guess your fucked. Not only would I not hire women I wouldn't hire old people. Yea thats right I'd discriminate against the old people too. Chances are there not going to meet quota and they probably can't handle the physical stress at work and then what.. I'm paying for them to go see the doctor.. I think not..
I dont understand

London, KY

#18 Mar 5, 2010
All these lawsuits and complaining and you wonder why wal-mart sends there work to china.. I never here of those Chinese kids complaining. They work dirt cheap, no benifets, paid time off, holiday pay, overtime pay. Now thats my kind of worker.
anybody

London, KY

#19 Mar 5, 2010
does any one know what year that place first opened up . I know it was in the 90 s but dont remember what year exactly.
I dont understand either

Winchester, KY

#20 Mar 5, 2010
The one decent place to work around here and what does everyone do....sue them!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities find 12 marijuana plants behind Lau... (Jul '11) 18 min Pot dawg 120
hawk creek church (Feb '08) 40 min Buying the stairway 521
Stacy Shepherd 1 hr navy seal 9832 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 170,479
Walk to Emmaus DECEPTION or NOt? (Nov '12) 1 hr John 721
Electric Carts at Walmart (Jan '11) 2 hr sew funny sew funny 25
Lap top 6 hr Buyer 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages