kitchen sink used for bathtub

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
askin

El Paso, AR

#1 Mar 31, 2012
I rented out my home for a short time period and went there to collect rent and found that the lady had her kid in the kitchen sink bathing it .I was so angry because who would ever want to wash there dishes in the sink again that would be like washing your dishes in the bathtub that is plum right out nasty and i will not use that sink again so now i have to pay someone to remove the old one & replace with new so my question is does everyone think i should take the amount it cost to replace from her deposit and give her the remaining amount ?She also admits that she washes her hair daily in the sink too .

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 31, 2012
Sounds like you are overreacting. I know many people, myself included that used the sink to bathe a small child (Birth-6 months-ish). It is much easier than trying to put them in a huge tub. As for washing her hair in the sink, again no big deal. My wife has done it before too and I know countless other women that have as well. The easiest thing to do if you are worried about germs or the like is simply wash out the basin and area with a solution of 2 parts water/1 part bleach. That will kill anything short of HIV, which couldn't be contracted by any means you have described the sink being used for.

But in the end it's your place. Do what you want. But know that it is honestly very normal.
askin

El Paso, AR

#3 Mar 31, 2012
Simple Fact 79 wrote:
Sounds like you are overreacting. I know many people, myself included that used the sink to bathe a small child (Birth-6 months-ish). It is much easier than trying to put them in a huge tub. As for washing her hair in the sink, again no big deal. My wife has done it before too and I know countless other women that have as well. The easiest thing to do if you are worried about germs or the like is simply wash out the basin and area with a solution of 2 parts water/1 part bleach. That will kill anything short of HIV, which couldn't be contracted by any means you have described the sink being used for.
But in the end it's your place. Do what you want. But know that it is honestly very normal.
would you drink out of the toilet or wash your dishes in it because you know kids pee in the water there is no difference .i am not worried about killing germs i just would not wash dishes in a bathtub or toilet no matter how much i bleached it .
Take a poll

Okolona, AR

#4 Mar 31, 2012
How many people out there that have raised children have used their sink for bathing their children? I'm guilty and I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't bathed their small children in the sink. By the way, I used to wash my hair daily in the sink until my back wouldn't allow me to do that anymore. As for taking it out of her deposit, did the contract state, "Do Not use the Sink for a bathtub or washing hair?" I would really be ticked off if you told me you were taking my deposit to replace a sink because I washed my hair in it and gave my children a bath in it.
askin

El Paso, AR

#5 Mar 31, 2012
Take a poll wrote:
How many people out there that have raised children have used their sink for bathing their children? I'm guilty and I can't think of anyone I know who hasn't bathed their small children in the sink. By the way, I used to wash my hair daily in the sink until my back wouldn't allow me to do that anymore. As for taking it out of her deposit, did the contract state, "Do Not use the Sink for a bathtub or washing hair?" I would really be ticked off if you told me you were taking my deposit to replace a sink because I washed my hair in it and gave my children a bath in it.
Yes the contract stated that no dogs or cats in the house or no bathing children in the kitchen sink because it was not a bathroom .I cant help it if i am this kind of person i just cant stand the fact that my sink where i have to wash dishes to eat out of is used for a tolilet & bathtub.
This lady knowed i never allowed that .

Location hidden

#6 Mar 31, 2012
askin wrote:
<quoted text>would you drink out of the toilet or wash your dishes in it because you know kids pee in the water there is no difference .i am not worried about killing germs i just would not wash dishes in a bathtub or toilet no matter how much i bleached it .
No I would not because there is a massive difference in the danger. Urine, under normal conditions should be sterile but human feces contains massive amounts of multiple bacteria that can be potentially harmful to reintroduction to the body. They build up from the multiple and repeated uses of the toilet bowl. Your sink actually sees more harmful microbes from the food you wash off in it (Salmonella, Eachericha coli, various Fungi or parasites, just to name a few) than it does from healthy human skin. I should know, I not only have a degree in Microbiology but a degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences. Your analogy would is like being upset that a child was using an inkpen to color with and comparing it to running blindfolded with scissors.

But again, the choice is yours since it is your place. I for one would not be worried in the slightest.
askin

El Paso, AR

#7 Mar 31, 2012
no i would not mind if a kid marked on the walls at all i would paint them but when it comes to using a sink for a bathtub i just cant stand the thought of it to me there is nothing different if your going to do that than using your bathtub or tolilet to wash your dishes you know as well as i do that little kids always get poop on them because they dont wipe good and also the will pee about everytime they get in water .It is just nasty to me .And i bet the biggest part of the people who do this would never take there dishes to the bathtub to wash them but what is the difference i see nothing .Maybe i do over react and should just replace the sink at my cost but then again why should i have to spend my money doing this when the lady has 3 bathrooms in the house she could have used and she knew that she was renting on short term while i was away and that i told her plainly plus it was in her contract also .
Take a poll

Okolona, AR

#8 Mar 31, 2012
If the contract stated such then the ball is in your court. Why ask other people's opinion when you have already formed your own. Evidently you are having second thoughts about it or you wouldn't have asked. I have seen dish water more nasty that a child's bottom, especiallly when you have cooked a greasy meal for a big family. I always use comet or sos pads to clean my sink. It's 10 years old and still looks brand new. If you wanted to bath you baby in my sink, I wouldn't have a problem with it! As far as the kind of person you are, I don't know anything about you. But if that is a problem for you then you should sell the house instead of trying to rent it or add to the contract NO KIDS ALLOWED!
askin

El Paso, AR

#9 Mar 31, 2012
I learned a lesson about renting my home ever again i will leave it empty i knowed that some people do bath there kids in the kitchen sink that is why i stated that in the contract i just cant understand why or what the difference would be when you are using your kitchen sink ,your toliet and your bathtub all for the same thing .
ummm yeah

Sheridan, AR

#10 Mar 31, 2012
Why don't you just contact your lawyer to find out if this is legitmate? Sounds like a bogus contract too. I doubt it would hold up in court. Deposits are for damages. Your insane quirks are not damages.
askin

El Paso, AR

#11 Mar 31, 2012
ummm yeah wrote:
Why don't you just contact your lawyer to find out if this is legitmate? Sounds like a bogus contract too. I doubt it would hold up in court. Deposits are for damages. Your insane quirks are not damages.
it might not be to you but to me it destroyed the sink i would never use that to put my dishes in to me it is downright nasty to use a kitchen sink for a bathtub or toilet . Everyone lives different and it is your own business what you do in your home but a lawyer is who made this contract for me and it was signed and notorized .

Location hidden

#12 Mar 31, 2012
askin wrote:
<quoted text>it might not be to you but to me it destroyed the sink i would never use that to put my dishes in to me it is downright nasty to use a kitchen sink for a bathtub or toilet . Everyone lives different and it is your own business what you do in your home but a lawyer is who made this contract for me and it was signed and notorized .
They why bring it here? Either you are wanting to start something or like another poster said you are have second thoughts. If your contract includes this clause and is legal and binding (per your statement) then enforce it and be done with it. But I will tell you again, your are in the minority in this (based on my experiences and others it seems) and if it is a germ issue the Bleach dilution I mentioned will take care of it fully. I see no point for this to go on any longer.
wondering

Sheridan, AR

#13 Mar 31, 2012
Im just guessing, you dont eat in other peoples homes that have small children. there dishes might have been washed in a sink that has bathed a child in it at some point!!!
Take a poll

Okolona, AR

#14 Mar 31, 2012
I sure hope you don't eat out at any restaurants or take out places. From what I see serving and cooking food in some of those places would be much worse than bathing in the sink. And, as a matter of fact, I feel like my tub is plenty clean enough to wash my dishes in and if I scrubbed my toilet good and used hot water to rinse that would be ok too. By the way, do you ever go swimming in public or private pools where there are children? That must be really disturbing to your condition. Maybe up need to seek help for your compulsive disorders!
keavy guy

London, KY

#15 Mar 31, 2012
askin wrote:
I rented out my home for a short time period and went there to collect rent and found that the lady had her kid in the kitchen sink bathing it .I was so angry because who would ever want to wash there dishes in the sink again that would be like washing your dishes in the bathtub that is plum right out nasty and i will not use that sink again so now i have to pay someone to remove the old one & replace with new so my question is does everyone think i should take the amount it cost to replace from her deposit and give her the remaining amount ?She also admits that she washes her hair daily in the sink too .
askin - chill the hell out. if u ain't got anything more than this to worry about then you seriously need to get a real life and stop living in your perfect fantasy world. i don't know one single person that has ever had small children that hasn;t used the kitchen sink to bathe them in.
Solution

Pikeville, KY

#16 Apr 1, 2012
Change the sink!!!!!!!! Had you not seen her bathing the child, you wouldn't have known. But, since you did, and you obviously don't approve and cannot live with just CLEANING it, then the only option is to CHANGE THE SINK!!!! Or, as you said, DON'T rent it !!! What part of that do you NOT understand ????
wow

Manchester, KY

#17 Apr 1, 2012
Take a poll wrote:
If the contract stated such then the ball is in your court. Why ask other people's opinion when you have already formed your own. Evidently you are having second thoughts about it or you wouldn't have asked. I have seen dish water more nasty that a child's bottom, especiallly when you have cooked a greasy meal for a big family. I always use comet or sos pads to clean my sink. It's 10 years old and still looks brand new. If you wanted to bath you baby in my sink, I wouldn't have a problem with it! As far as the kind of person you are, I don't know anything about you. But if that is a problem for you then you should sell the house instead of trying to rent it or add to the contract NO KIDS ALLOWED!
you can't deny someone a rental because they have children UNLESS you can prove living there would be a danger to the child.
wow

Manchester, KY

#18 Apr 1, 2012
askin wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the contract stated that no dogs or cats in the house or no bathing children in the kitchen sink because it was not a bathroom .I cant help it if i am this kind of person i just cant stand the fact that my sink where i have to wash dishes to eat out of is used for a tolilet & bathtub.
This lady knowed i never allowed that .
I am PRETTY sure no judge would ever force someone to pay to change the sink because you didn't like that a child was bathed in it. That isn't considered a damage. Even if you put it in the contract, I don't think they would even acknowledge it. You can't dictate how someone bathes inside your rental. The fact is they did no damage to it at all. There are no more germs from washing a baby or hair in that sink than washing your hands or dishes. You are just an idiot. Get over yourself. You can try to do whatever you want but when the renter takes you to court you will look like the worlds biggest uptight dumba$$!
Agree

London, KY

#19 Apr 1, 2012
My wife would never Bath a child or herself in our kitchen sink everyone has different ways of living that is why there is no house big enough for 2 families. My neighbor will not even eat at her family members home because they have a dog in the house and will not buy anything from a bake sale or anything like that afraid they have dogs in there house .
oh my god

Washington, DC

#20 Apr 1, 2012
askin wrote:
This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. I know one thing if it were me and you tried to keep my deposit we would have major problems. Get over it already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Check this out 47 min SOBER Mule 1
North football 49 min Really 45
Mitch MCConnell is after your Social Security! 1 hr Thief 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike Duquette 131,476
GOP Angry, Voters Rejected Romney/Ryan 1 hr Well 55
Atheists, how will U deal with Islam's Martial ... 1 hr Historian 3
Who Is Bringing In the Illegal Aliens? 2 hr old lady 84
London Dating
Find my Match

London Jobs

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

London News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in London

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]