Gabriel Brothers in Lexington

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Bluff City, TN

#1 Feb 23, 2009
Just wondering if anyone has ever been there and if the prices are as great for name brand clothing as I've heard....thanx!
opinionated

Frankfort, KY

#2 Feb 23, 2009
I have only been there once about a year ago and I thought it kind of a junky store. But it may have improved since then. As I recall they did have pretty good prices on things though.
bugs

Somerset, KY

#3 Feb 23, 2009
It isnt in Lexington...it is in Richmond...! Unless there's one i dont know about
wondering

London, KY

#4 Feb 23, 2009
bugs wrote:
It isnt in Lexington...it is in Richmond...! Unless there's one i dont know about

There is one you don't know about then.

Gabriel Brothers is in Lexington, and they have great prices. They carry overstock and irregular stuff. And on the irregular stuff you rarely can find the imperfection.
what

Liberty, KY

#5 Feb 23, 2009
Love the store. I get my children's clothes there. They carry all the name brands. I love it.

Bluff City, TN

#6 Feb 23, 2009
Its in Lexington on Richmond road right?
Slm

London, KY

#7 Feb 23, 2009
Gabriels in lexington is off of exit 104. top of ramp turn left, follow richmond rd till you get to walmart, gabriel's is in the same plaza as wal mart. Where is the one in richmond?????
Slm

London, KY

#8 Feb 23, 2009
and the store is great by the way LOL
london ky

London, KY

#9 Feb 23, 2009
bugs wrote:
yes there is one in lexington on richmond rd on the same side of the rd. as walmart and it is a wonderful store but go early and you can find lots of good stuff
MLE

Madisonville, KY

#10 Feb 23, 2009
hey i go there all the time and they are super greatn all their prices
butterfly

Somerset, KY

#11 Feb 24, 2009
oh yeah...i guess i was thinking richmond because richmond rd...my bad
for sure

London, KY

#12 Feb 24, 2009
I got my little girl an UGG coat there for $30. You can't beat that.

Bluff City, TN

#13 Feb 25, 2009
Thanks everyone! I am excited to go tomorrow!
opinionated

Frankfort, KY

#14 Feb 25, 2009
Heck, I am going to try it again this weekend. Sounds like things have really improved since I was there....or maybe I just wasn't in a shopping mood the day I was there.....HA HA
holly

Pikeville, KY

#15 Feb 25, 2009
i went there friday they has just started to put out their summer clothes & they has some sales on
the left over winter clothes. i love the store
it is somewhere that you have to go often because
they have nice stuff and it sells out really fast
it is a big store sometime they have a lot and sometime they don't. i stop in everytime i go to
lexington sometime i but stuff and sometimes i don't. they have really nice shoes very stylish
good deal

Mammoth Cave, KY

#16 Feb 25, 2009
It is alright good store, you don't always find what you may want. They do have alot of shoes and good prices. I always only shop the clearance there, one time I went in and bought about 20 pair of carhart pants for 2.00 a piece and kept about 4 pair for myself and sold the rest for 15.00 a piece. should go there
Labor Lawyer

Ft Mitchell, KY

#17 Aug 15, 2009
jiggles wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has ever been there and if the prices are as great for name brand clothing as I've heard....thanx!
I wouldn't shop there, ever. The corporation condones, and encourages, illegal labor practices, and that especially goes for the Lexington store. They force hourly employees to work overtime without pay, without even getting days off, and then take retaliatory action against those who stand up for their rights. It makes Wal-Mart look like a fantastic employer. Their crummy merchandise isn't worth supporting that chain of sweat shops.
Nisha

Franklin, OH

#18 Aug 7, 2010
Some of us don't have the luxury of shopping at the mall for our back to school clothes. As a single mother of three children, especially in this economy, I'll choose shopping at places like Gabriel brothers over pre-owned clothing at the Goodwill anyday, if I can afford to. If you don't agree with the company's labor practices, that's fine, and you're entitled to your opinion, but bear in mind that their employees choose to work there and can leave at anytime. I'm guessing if you were in the same financial position as the rest of us, you'd be a little less high and mighty and probably not so selective about where you purchased your children's clothing.
bba

London, KY

#19 Oct 13, 2010
Labor Lawyer wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't shop there, ever. The corporation condones, and encourages, illegal labor practices, and that especially goes for the Lexington store. They force hourly employees to work overtime without pay, without even getting days off, and then take retaliatory action against those who stand up for their rights. It makes Wal-Mart look like a fantastic employer. Their crummy merchandise isn't worth supporting that chain of sweat shops.
no one is forced to work anywhere in america.if they don't like how they are being treated, they should quit and go work at walmart.
Cathy

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Nov 13, 2010
Wal-Mart is the pits too...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,426
Wal-mart DC 6097 desperately needs to vote union! 2 hr The Real Just Me 62
Raccoon Springs (Jan '11) 9 hr Clumsy 19
Looking for a good time 14 hr Im mexican 2 5
anyone know anybody that iive at bennett lane? 15 hr John Holmes 2
Looking for a female English Mastiff to breed (Oct '10) Thu Drewatr 10
Missing cat.. Thu a friend 11

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages