Laurel London Optimist Club Football

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Cracker

London, KY

#1 Aug 23, 2011
The club has put a new guy in charge of the program. I don't personaly know the guy but from what I have heard he is a no nonsense type and is adament about getting the program on the right track. He has no political ties with anyone and is all about basics and teaching the kids. I've heard that he has experience in running large programs and has been very successful with them. Hopefully he can keep the political BS out of it and build it into something that Laurel County can be proud of. I love going out and watching the games but the last few years it has appeared to be "stacked" so I'm hoping that this new guys can put policies into place to prevent or limit that from happening. I guess we will see what he's made of after the season starts and gets rolling.
hope

Somerset, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2011
what programs has he been in charge of? Hope he gets kids excited about football. Committed knowledgeable coaches is a must. good luck.
curious

London, KY

#3 Aug 24, 2011
how do u get kids signed up for football with the optimist club?
when

London, KY

#4 Aug 25, 2011
curious

London, KY

#5 Aug 25, 2011
whats the next sport? and when is it? so its too late to do football?
GAME TIME

East Bernstadt, KY

#6 Sep 12, 2011
The season kicks off tomorrow at 6. Come on out and help us support the future of our high-school programs!$2.00 gate fee with 3 games tomorrow night!
GAME TIME

Chicago, IL

#7 Sep 13, 2011
Good luck tonight teams.
BASEBALL

Manchester, KY

#8 Sep 13, 2011
Yea, loves me some GAME TIME.
BASEBALL

Manchester, KY

#9 Sep 14, 2011
anybody know the scores of the other games last night. Upper league cardinals 26 tigers 6.
GAME TIME

East Bernstadt, KY

#10 Sep 14, 2011
Tigers 6 Bears 2
Wildats 22 Reds 22 called a tie after 2 1/2 hours of
BASEBALL

Manchester, KY

#11 Sep 14, 2011
That tie game must be why they were playing in the dark. lol
same

United States

#12 Sep 15, 2011
Mandatory cups! So everybody goes and buys cups. Game day informed that they changed it to no cups. U can stick this cup. Well u know where. Lol. I wished everybody would just make a big pile of unneeded cups in front of the door up there. Lol.
BASEBALL

Manchester, KY

#13 Sep 15, 2011
Lets have a cup sale. lol mine is still unopened.
GAME TIME

Noblesville, IN

#14 Sep 15, 2011
They decided to cut the cup rule because too many parents refused! Still mandatory on our team though and I would have boys in them anyway! What's the cost of a cup compared to your sons manhood?
gottagetcha

United States

#15 Sep 15, 2011
Hold on. Parents refused. How many parents was in the meeting? None. So you have no idea how many parents refused other than what the coaches told you.
BASEBALL

Manchester, KY

#16 Sep 15, 2011
Dang, sounds like you don't have a cup to piss in. lmbo
DC Turner

London, KY

#17 Sep 15, 2011
First of all...You need to get your facts straight before you jump on here and make a fool of yourself. Obviously you are not part of the Sports Committee and only getting second hand information and stating it as facts. The cup rule was put in to protect 6-12 y/o kids from serious injury....there was some objections from "super parents" because "little Johnny" doesn't like them. It was agreed by the Football/Sports Committee that a release of liability waiver must be signed by the parents if they choose not have their child wear a protective cup. Now that you have the facts on the issue maybe it will prevent anymore BS from getting posted.
gottagetcha

United States

#18 Sep 15, 2011
lol. Let me get this straight. U let the super parents tell u what to do. Now that's some funny stuff.
going long

United States

#19 Sep 15, 2011
Ur team last year mr turner what was it 0 wins and 0 busted nuts. Lol. Maybe u take the cup out they could have ran better. High school don't even mandate a cup. Get real.
Seriously

Flemingsburg, KY

#20 Sep 15, 2011
How in the hell could you run the ball with a cup in the whole time? You would be bleeding raw by the end of the game. Yes, I played football all the way through high school and there was never a mandatory cup rule. Thats just idiotic. If youre worried about little Johny's manhood, just keep him at home and shelter him, and take it from him that way. LoL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Rose_NoHo 177,826
Gary hall 2 hr I know 3
One Word Thread (Jul '10) 4 hr Razelies 2,631
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 7 hr Hold on 9,816
dr hennah hashmi (Aug '16) 7 hr Barry Clinton 13
Transmission Work 8 hr Yes 4
Swimming Pool 14 hr Gary 3

London Jobs

Personal Finance

London Mortgages