PastorTom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

After prayer and a timely word for the Lord, I have decided to return to my ministry of witnessing to the lost here on Topix. You know what I stand for friends-the abolishing of alcohol here in London. Together we will defeat this initiative. Let's return this city to it's Godly roots. Let us weed out the atheist, the sinners, the drug and boozer pushers, those that worship false idols. God Bless you all.
SBN watcher

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

You better not go after the Jimmy Swaggard programs on cable tv.

“*Supah Stah*”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

yeah, make them have to drive farther for their booze so they can drive drunk, wreck and kill someone. good thinking!

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

i'd never seen areas like that until i moved to london. it's like that footloose movie where they weren't allowed to dance because it was evil. people are going to sin no matter how far you make them have to go to do it. convincing others not to sin would have better results than FORCING them not to.
PastorTom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I have seen, firsthand, the ills that alcohol brings to communities. Our large cities such as Louisville and Lexington are dens of sin and perverse behavior. Alcohol abuse encourages violence and an "anything goes" sexual culture. Friends, be encouraged, we will fight the sell of alcohol here in London. And, with the help of Jesus, we will prevail. Blessing to all this day.

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

but people WILL travel for it like they did before. i think that people need to be steered to make wise choices. you can't eliminate the sin by eliminating the alcohol sales. it doesn't work as well that way. my ex spent his time in bars in richmond and lexington. when he drove home drunk, and it took longer to get home from other towns. caused a lot of stress for me worrying that he would wreck and be hurt or hurt someone else. would've been a lot better if i just had to worry about him driving a few miles. people make beer runs and make/sell moonshine down there. i know that firsthand. the men still get drunk and have affairs. not selling alcohol didn't stop that.

they sell alcohol where i live, but i'm not tempted in the slightest to go to bars. there are others like me. it doesn't have anything to do with my religious beliefs. i just don't do it.

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

my first reply was a little disrespectful. i apologize. just giving you another viewpoint to consider. there are 3 bars in the town where i live, several convenient and grocery stores who sell alcohol and a liquor store. we don't drink, so it doesn't cause any problems for us.
Duh

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

PastorTom wrote:
I have seen, firsthand, the ills that alcohol brings to communities. Our large cities such as Louisville and Lexington are dens of sin and perverse behavior. Alcohol abuse encourages violence and an "anything goes" sexual culture. Friends, be encouraged, we will fight the sell of alcohol here in London. And, with the help of Jesus, we will prevail. Blessing to all this day.
Hey, dumbass. It is SALE of alcohol, not SELL of alcohol. Dumbass christain don't even know what the right word is.
Duh

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

You'd be better off fighting the sales of tobacco. At least alcohol gives people joy and merriment. Tobacco only gives addiction, sickness and sorrow.

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

coming from the almighty witty one who can't spell christian, right?
TeaBagThis

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

J_dynomite_J wrote:
i'd never seen areas like that until i moved to london. it's like that footloose movie where they weren't allowed to dance because it was evil. people are going to sin no matter how far you make them have to go to do it. convincing others not to sin would have better results than FORCING them not to.
Dancing usually doesn't involve brain injuries, broken bones and mutilated bodies. Drinking alcohol does.
TeaBagThis

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

J_dynomite_J wrote:
my first reply was a little disrespectful. i apologize. just giving you another viewpoint to consider. there are 3 bars in the town where i live, several convenient and grocery stores who sell alcohol and a liquor store. we don't drink, so it doesn't cause any problems for us.
You haven't met the right driver, yet? Drunks don't just kill other drunks.

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

TeaBagThis wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't met the right driver, yet? Drunks don't just kill other drunks.
yes, i understand that. you must have missed my point. anyway, there will be drunk drivers whether or not they buy it in london. make them drive farther drunk, and there's going to be more of a chance of them killing people who AREN'T drunk.

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

TeaBagThis wrote:
<quoted text>
Dancing usually doesn't involve brain injuries, broken bones and mutilated bodies. Drinking alcohol does.
again...missed my point.
Pasture Fred

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I went to louie ville one time and stopped at a place called hooters and it was just like the good brother said. ladies do not read this, but they was drinking beer and eating wings right out in the public!!!!!! no body was drunk, but them girls, now no children read this, but them girls had on tight clothes and orange shorts!!!! Well let me say this, i been going to london once a week for fifty years and never did see nothing like that in our big city of london. even though it was nice and everybody there behaved, i felt it was my Godly duty to set around and see all the bad stuff that was bound to follow this wicked drinking and displaying of a womans body. they must have gotten wise to me cause i went night after night doing the lords work, and not one time did even one of them breastes pop out of them tight shirts, and let me a sure you, i was watching very closely so i could report it to my fellow londoners. but brothers, i am not easily put off, i will keep studying these wicked big city places in the hope that i can preevent this kind of moral-less sinful behavior to the good people of london to prevent this from ever happening in our good town. once again this is your brother pasture fred serving your every need. I gotta go, its ladies night and i must go forth and protect the lesser sex from themselves.

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

what's wrong with some of you? you can't have a mature intellectual debate without throwing names cussing or making fun? this man is a pastor. have a little bit of respect even if you don't agree. didn't your parents bring you up better than that? seriously.
Pasture Fred

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The good brother JJ is right. I am a pasture and I am off-ended by some of your actions too. In my fifty plus years of Godliness, I was taught what was right and what was wrong, by Godly men like the above brother. Man don't realize that they are not smart enough to know good from bad without a brother telling them what is is they must guard against. Jesus taught love and tolerance, but what he really must have meant was not to let men make free choices because of the life he led by his example, but to be mindless cogs in a wheel of damning anyone who isn't exactly like them. So as for me, I will keep up my observations of these places of sin, these sellers of drink, because I feel it is my obligation to my brothers to do so. After all, it's what Jesus would do....

“*Supah Stah*”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

can't get to hell fast enough? smh.
PastorTom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Mockery will not change our ambition to rid London of alcohol. We are steadfast and determined to do what's right.
Becky

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

PastorTom wrote:
Don't you mean with the help of Richmond ,bootleggers and stupid mothers who think if it is not sold their kids won't find it ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

157 Users are viewing the London Forum right now

Search the London Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
what song are you listening to??? (Oct '09) 5 min Dis Grace 206
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Iluvliberals 138,431
poff carting is a very stupid company (Nov '11) 6 min Yes 32
listen up all you HOLIER THAN THOU holy rollers! 13 min russian-italian-babe 35
Feds Back Down From Bundy Siege 16 min BLM 161
Government defiance 21 min Laurel Patriot 6
Wiccan (Dec '08) 33 min russian-italian-babe 137
The Republican Party 7 hr truth 83
•••

Freeze Warning for Laurel County was issued at April 16 at 5:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
London Dating