Walmart Strike
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Strike

Manchester, KY

#1 Nov 16, 2012
anyone planning on it?
How to know

Paducah, KY

#2 Nov 16, 2012
#11 The CEO of Wal-Mart makes more in a single hour than a full-time Wal-Mart associate makes in an entire year.

#12 Tens of thousands of Wal-Mart employees and their children are enrolled in Medicaid and are dependent on the government for healthcare.

http://www.econmatters.com/2012/07/is-wal-mar...

Yes, the vulgar wealth of wal mart needs to be starved.If 90% of floor employees walk out....who will run the store? Power in numbers. Wal mart thinks they own every community they come into.

They think they own you because they hold your low paying job over your head. But you have the power, if no one runs their store they will have to increase wages or CLOSE.

These people are disgustingly wealthy and they STILL dont have enough. They think other humans are disposiable and worthless. They come into small comunities...get large tax breaks, offer low paying/low benefit/low ladder/go nowhere jobs and drain the other local store to the point they close.

They hire massive temps at their busy times and then throw them away like trash.

Wal mart thinks you are sheeple trash.(sheep people)
Fight wal mart fair....help wal mart to understand fair.

Wal mart could pay many...many 1+ year employees 10 buck an hour. It would not hurt them at ALL!. But they are evil and greedy and vulgarly obsessed with wealth.

Can you imagine the help and betterment of life 10 bucks an hour would do for so many people?

"Christy Walton inherited $15.7 billion, She is rated as giving more money than any other woman in the world to charity"

Well why not pay your workers a few pennies more? Any charity those people do is to get tax breaks!

Just look at how Costco treats its employees-

"But not everyone is happy with Costco's business strategy. Some Wall Street analysts assert that Mr. Sinegal is overly generous not only to Costco's customers but to its workers as well.

Costco's average pay, for example, is $17 an hour, 42 percent higher than its fiercest rival, Sam's Club. And Costco's health plan makes those at many other retailers look Scroogish. One analyst, Bill Dreher of Deutsche Bank, complained last year that at Costco "it's better to be an employee or a customer than a shareholder."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/17/business/yo...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/04/opinion/kri...

Dont let wal mart lie to you, if costco can pay 17 bucks an hour with great healthcare.....well just think of what wal mart could do for Americans.
Damn ascii

Dallas, TX

#6 Nov 16, 2012
..........
..........
..........
...../´¯/.
.././.../.
(.(....(..
.\........
..\.......
....\.....
......\...
Go union

Murray, KY

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Walmart workers are treated like dirt. We need to unionize, and strike if necessary. To get their attention, as of today, I'm calling for a walkout on Black Friday. If all the employees, excluding management, do a walkout, and form a picket line alongside the highway, they cannot fire all of us. However, we must do this in numbers to keep our jobs. Enough is enough, we must form a union!!!!
ha ha ha

United States

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Go union wrote:
Walmart workers are treated like dirt. We need to unionize, and strike if necessary. To get their attention, as of today, I'm calling for a walkout on Black Friday. If all the employees, excluding management, do a walkout, and form a picket line alongside the highway, they cannot fire all of us. However, we must do this in numbers to keep our jobs. Enough is enough, we must form a union!!!!
Hopefully someone will run over yoy sorry ass.
this

Bethel, OH

#10 Nov 17, 2012
Last Friday, the Wall Street Journal reported that retailing giant Wal-Mart, concerned about a potential Democratic sweep this fall, has been not-so-subtly indoctrinating managers and department heads about the perils of an Obama presidency. The operating assumption in Bentonville seems to be that a Democratic president and a Democratic Congress would pass laws such the Employee Free Choice Act, which would make it easier for unions to organize at Wal-Mart, thus hurting the company, its workers, and its shareholders. And while the executives running the meetings were careful not to instruct workers which lever to pull, the upshot was clear. "I am not a stupid person," a Wal-Mart customer-service supervisor told the Journal. "They were telling me how to vote."

Wal-Mart denied that it was engaging in partisan politics. But, even so, these meetings are the latest in a series of clumsy political moves. Wal-Mart may be a master of many domains: global supply chains and logistics, local politics and zoning, anti-union warfare and branding. But on the stage of national politics, it has proved to be strikingly inept. Its executives seem to have a cartoonish understanding of the way Washington works, ascribing mythic powers to the nation's continually weakening private sector unions and misunderstanding the linkages between party control in Washington and its impact on the performance of the economy and individual companies.
non-worker

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Nov 17, 2012
please strike!!!
ReallyII

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 17, 2012
I hope some of you Lowlife Union want-a-be's are walking around the parking lot with a sign, so we know who you are.
about the money

Bethel, OH

#13 Nov 17, 2012
this wrote:
Last Friday, the Wall Street Journal reported that retailing giant Wal-Mart, concerned about a potential Democratic sweep this fall, has been not-so-subtly indoctrinating managers and department heads about the perils of an Obama presidency. The operating assumption in Bentonville seems to be that a Democratic president and a Democratic Congress would pass laws such the Employee Free Choice Act, which would make it easier for unions to organize at Wal-Mart, thus hurting the company, its workers, and its shareholders. And while the executives running the meetings were careful not to instruct workers which lever to pull, the upshot was clear. "I am not a stupid person," a Wal-Mart customer-service supervisor told the Journal. "They were telling me how to vote."
Wal-Mart denied that it was engaging in partisan politics. But, even so, these meetings are the latest in a series of clumsy political moves. Wal-Mart may be a master of many domains: global supply chains and logistics, local politics and zoning, anti-union warfare and branding. But on the stage of national politics, it has proved to be strikingly inept. Its executives seem to have a cartoonish understanding of the way Washington works, ascribing mythic powers to the nation's continually weakening private sector unions and misunderstanding the linkages between party control in Washington and its impact on the performance of the economy and individual companies.
Next, Interesting. Craig D. Jung served as Chief Executive Officer of Hostess Brands, Inc. since February 2007. Mr. Jung served as President of Canada and Vice President of Sales & Field Marketing of Frito-lay, Inc. He served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Panamerican Beverages Inc. since September 2002. From October 2000 to March 2002, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of eOriginal Inc. Mr. Jung worked at PepsiCo for 11 years in a variety of senior executive jobs in general management, marketing and sales. From July 1997 to October 1999, he served as the Founding Chief Operating Officer of Pepsi Bottling Group. From October 1996 to June 1997, he served as the General Manager of South America and the Caribbean for Pepsi-Cola Company. He served as a Director of Hostess Brands, Inc. He served as a Director of Panamerican Beverages Inc., since 2002. Mr. Jung graduated in 1975 from West Point and received a Masters degree in Public Administration from Harvard University in June 2004. He is a citizen of the United States of America.
Go union

Murray, KY

#14 Nov 17, 2012
ReallyII wrote:
I hope some of you Lowlife Union want-a-be's are walking around the parking lot with a sign, so we know who you are.
you don't need to look for people holding signs to identify workers who want to strike. The intelligent employees will be holding signs, and will be pro-union. Anyone with any common sense wants to be treated with respect, and recieve fair wages and benefits. However, you have ignorant people within any company. They will be easy to identify on Black Friday, because they will be in the store working like slaves, and not taking their breaks. Working through your breaks proves nothing except that you are allowing Walmart to break federal laws, state laws, and increase company profits. This common practice benefits someone, but not you...
whoa 1

Lexington, KY

#15 Nov 17, 2012
Go union wrote:
<quoted text>you don't need to look for people holding signs to identify workers who want to strike. The intelligent employees will be holding signs, and will be pro-union. Anyone with any common sense wants to be treated with respect, and recieve fair wages and benefits. However, you have ignorant people within any company. They will be easy to identify on Black Friday, because they will be in the store working like slaves, and not taking their breaks. Working through your breaks proves nothing except that you are allowing Walmart to break federal laws, state laws, and increase company profits. This common practice benefits someone, but not you...
I understand and agree with your thoughts to be treated fairly and paid fairly however I don't think you need to join a union to do that. you can research this but I think you can basically form your own organization and represent yourselves rather than having a 3rd party represent you. you don't need to pay your hard earned money to union people. the union is in existence to do one thing and one thing only...that is to make money and to make it off you the employee. if walmart closed later on due to strikes, etc. what is the union going to do? they will simply say I am sorry and go on to the next town or campaign and try again.
do not be mislead about having a union..they are in it for themselves and themselves only.
ReallyII

Houston, TX

#16 Nov 17, 2012
Go union wrote:
<quoted text>you don't need to look for people holding signs to identify workers who want to strike. The intelligent employees will be holding signs, and will be pro-union. Anyone with any common sense wants to be treated with respect, and recieve fair wages and benefits. However, you have ignorant people within any company. They will be easy to identify on Black Friday, because they will be in the store working like slaves, and not taking their breaks. Working through your breaks proves nothing except that you are allowing Walmart to break federal laws, state laws, and increase company profits. This common practice benefits someone, but not you...
The problem with you Union Doof's is you want the advantage over the other workers in the USA, but you don't want to pay the price. If the Mc Donalds worker got a Union wage and benefits and a Big Mac was $25.00 you'd be the first ones bitching it's was a rip off. If the Union cost made Milk $15.00 a gallon it'd be the same. Let's make the minimum wage $50.00.

Everything is cyclic in a economy, you raise one thing it will
make the circle and you end right back where you started.

Unions are only there for the advantage over you. They want more, but they want you to make less, thats the way they work.
UPS

Flat Lick, KY

#17 Nov 17, 2012
whoa 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand and agree with your thoughts to be treated fairly and paid fairly however I don't think you need to join a union to do that. you can research this but I think you can basically form your own organization and represent yourselves rather than having a 3rd party represent you. you don't need to pay your hard earned money to union people. the union is in existence to do one thing and one thing only...that is to make money and to make it off you the employee. if walmart closed later on due to strikes, etc. what is the union going to do? they will simply say I am sorry and go on to the next town or campaign and try again.
do not be mislead about having a union..they are in it for themselves and themselves only.
Hahahahaha, you're funny!
Go union

Murray, KY

#18 Nov 17, 2012
I'm glad you think this is how it works. Compare krogers to any other grocery store. You will find that prices are comparable, but krogers has the highest pay scale, and best benefits because they are union. If you want to work like a slave, that is your business, I refuse to argue with an ignorant low wage worker. Just remember, Walmart has lost more lawsuits due to unlawful rules and practices than any other chain store. If you are smart, you will organize. If you choose to organize without a union, the majority must be involved or you will be fired. You need organization, and the media to pull this off. Black Friday is our set day to strike, and form the picket line!
ReallyII

Houston, TX

#19 Nov 17, 2012
Go union wrote:
I'm glad you think this is how it works. Compare krogers to any other grocery store. You will find that prices are comparable, but krogers has the highest pay scale, and best benefits because they are union. If you want to work like a slave, that is your business, I refuse to argue with an ignorant low wage worker. Just remember, Walmart has lost more lawsuits due to unlawful rules and practices than any other chain store. If you are smart, you will organize. If you choose to organize without a union, the majority must be involved or you will be fired. You need organization, and the media to pull this off. Black Friday is our set day to strike, and form the picket line!
So, what your saying if workers feel they are being mistreated they don't really need a Union , just go to court.
lala

Mount Sterling, KY

#20 Nov 17, 2012
It's Walmart people quit actin like your slaving and deserve more money
Go union

Middlesboro, KY

#21 Nov 17, 2012
ReallyII wrote:
<quoted text>So, what your saying if workers feel they are being mistreated they don't really need a Union , just go to court.
im not saying that at all. I'm saying if a union is formed, Walmart cannot mistreat workers, do there will be no reason to go to court. It's obvious you are a company suck up, and I refuse to argue with an ignorant person. Good day.
ReallyII

Houston, TX

#22 Nov 17, 2012
Go union wrote:
<quoted text>im not saying that at all. I'm saying if a union is formed, Walmart cannot mistreat workers, do there will be no reason to go to court. It's obvious you are a company suck up, and I refuse to argue with an ignorant person. Good day.
Of course you don't want to talk about it because you know I am right. The Unions are only out for themselves. Mistreat, is a strange word for you to use about Employees that have a choice and work in a Free Country. If they don't like it they can walk.
whoa 1

Lexington, KY

#23 Nov 17, 2012
UPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha, you're funny!
but dont you think that I am correct. thats what makes union nervous. the employees get to keep their money and not give it to you the union.
Everythings small in TX

Paducah, KY

#24 Nov 17, 2012
ReallyII wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with you Union Doof's is you want the advantage over the other workers in the USA, but you don't want to pay the price. If the Mc Donalds worker got a Union wage and benefits and a Big Mac was $25.00 you'd be the first ones bitching it's was a rip off. If the Union cost made Milk $15.00 a gallon it'd be the same. Let's make the minimum wage $50.00.
Everything is cyclic in a economy, you raise one thing it will
make the circle and you end right back where you started.
Unions are only there for the advantage over you. They want more, but they want you to make less, thats the way they work.
Regular folk who make this country run, wear a military uniform and protect it, and produce children whom carry on the tradition of doing the grunt work aren’t asking for 50.00 an hour, only a FAIR livable wage for the job they do.

If CEO pay can increase 300% in 30 years well minimum wage can increase at least 30%.

Healthcare, gas,rent, insurance, and food has all increased in price by at least 30% or more....but wages have stated stale. And they are stale because the upper brass is greedy and feels that it has total control of 80% of the population.

I personally have stopped shopping at wal mart and sams based on the very fact of how they pay employees and dont provide security or good benefits to them.

The power is in the people, and that really scares the be-jeebus out of the big Richey rich types.

They are aware of what happens to the top wealthy ones when the peasants revolt.

Peasants......REVOLT!.

"the peasants were dissatisfied and they were capable of wreaking havoc."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Cornfused 163,545
The problem around this place 2 hr Mommy of 5 19
i need to get me some food stamps 2 hr Mommy of 5 1
Will b Clinton die this week? 5 hr Ha ha ha 6
who hires at 15 in london (Oct '09) 9 hr Sugar Daddy 11
Male liar 10 hr Andrea 1
The Real Yeti wants a big juicy dong. 11 hr The Real Yeti 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages