Best North Laurel Male Athletes of al...

Best North Laurel Male Athletes of all time?

Posted in the London Forum

NL Guy

Ft Mitchell, KY

#1 Jan 25, 2011
Who is the best athletes from NL? Ronnie Combs was great, but he didn't even graduate. I would say Brian Durham, Nik Blair and Chris Cessna for football. Jon Hooker and Conrad Cessna for baseball and Nathan Allen for basketball.
lala

London, KY

#2 Jan 25, 2011
who cares and like we dont think u are one of the above mentioned lord help you lmfao
Big R

Somerset, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2011
Jason Kennedy hands down 1,000 POINTS in baskertball, Starting QB 3 seasons, also lead NL to their only dist title in school history in Football. Best hitter in NL history in baseball as well. Went on to star at Morehead State in baseball.
NL Gal

London, KY

#4 Jan 25, 2011
Brian Durham was for sure the best football player. I'd go with Hooker for baseball and I'm not real sure about basketball. Nathan was good, but he was a little younger than me. I do remember him though. Hooker was pretty good at basketball too! Jason Kennedy was also a great athelete.
NL Guy

Ft Mitchell, KY

#5 Jan 25, 2011
Nope... Way older than those boys. Graduated Laurel Co. in 1976. I am just a fan of North Laurel sports and wanted to see what others thought. I had a niece and two nephews who played at North. Neither one of which is listed. Thanks for the friendly reply though.
NL Guy

Ft Mitchell, KY

#6 Jan 25, 2011
Oh yeah forgot about Jason. He was a good athlete as well.
Big R

Somerset, KY

#7 Jan 25, 2011
NL Gal wrote:
Brian Durham was for sure the best football player. I'd go with Hooker for baseball and I'm not real sure about basketball. Nathan was good, but he was a little younger than me. I do remember him though. Hooker was pretty good at basketball too! Jason Kennedy was also a great athelete.
Oh yeah I was saying all around athlete all very good though lol
NL Gal

London, KY

#8 Jan 25, 2011
Big R wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah I was saying all around athlete all very good though lol
If I had to pick all around, I'd have to go with Jason Kennedy too. Great at all three sports. I love NL!! Go Jags!
Big R

Somerset, KY

#9 Jan 25, 2011
NL Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had to pick all around, I'd have to go with Jason Kennedy too. Great at all three sports. I love NL!! Go Jags!
Im from South, but played little league with him. What yr did you graduate?
Wait What

Winchester, KY

#10 Jan 26, 2011
North Laurel has had athletes?
NL Gal 99

London, KY

#11 Jan 26, 2011
Wait What wrote:
That's just it... they've had one or two at a time. Not enough to make a great TEAM.
NL Guy

Ft Mitchell, KY

#12 Jan 26, 2011
Wait What wrote:
The list I produced had an EKU football player (Brian), a UK Baseball player (Jon), a UK Football player (Chris), Morehead Baseball player (Jason), Georgetown Baseball player (Conrad), and a Georgetown football player (Nik). Not a bad list if you ask me. I would put that group up against any school in this area since that time. All of those were scholarship athletes as well. Not walk-ons
Big R

Somerset, KY

#13 Jan 26, 2011
The late Kevin Smith. Best Hs Def player ive seen in this area including Cessna..
Wait What

Winchester, KY

#14 Jan 27, 2011
I know one of the football players you have mentioned was a massive steroid user. Actually Jon got drafted by a pro team as well. Was probably by far the best athlete to ever play at North. Just digging at the North folk.
NL Gal

London, KY

#15 Jan 27, 2011
Wait What wrote:
I know one of the football players you have mentioned was a massive steroid user. Actually Jon got drafted by a pro team as well. Was probably by far the best athlete to ever play at North. Just digging at the North folk.
Which was a steroid user... Brian? If so, how do you know that? I knew him very well and he worked his tail off at football.
Wait What

Winchester, KY

#16 Jan 27, 2011
No, it wasnt Brian. Brian and about all his family members I ever met were great people. If you talk with people that went to school with the football players listed above, they can tell you. Wasnt a real well kept secret.
Wait What

Winchester, KY

#17 Jan 27, 2011
Double post....Gotta love it. Way to lag Topix.
NL Gal

London, KY

#18 Jan 27, 2011
Wait What wrote:
No, it wasnt Brian. Brian and about all his family members I ever met were great people. If you talk with people that went to school with the football players listed above, they can tell you. Wasnt a real well kept secret.
You're right about that, they are great people.
Too Easy

Hazard, KY

#19 Jan 28, 2011
Durham-Football
Hooker-Baseball
Ray-Basketball

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No fun alone 4 hr just me 39
Pain 5 hr Ddw4170 1
Dem in ca forced uc berkeley to fire over 500 ... 7 hr BTW 18
Items Of Interest 8 hr conservative afro 2
Laurel Cookie Factory -- what do you think? (Jun '08) 8 hr me again 9,210
who's the best puller at Walmart DC? 8 hr meme 2
Just for fun... 8 hr Justaguy 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages