Accident on 490
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Brodhead, KY

#1 Oct 19, 2012
Anyone know what happened on 490 this morning? Was it a fatality?
so sad

East Bernstadt, KY

#2 Oct 19, 2012
i heard on the scanner they called for 1201..
curious

London, KY

#3 Oct 19, 2012
so sad wrote:
i heard on the scanner they called for 1201..
what is 1201 ?
ohh

United States

#4 Oct 19, 2012
the one in front of old elmos furniture? when it was first called out they said no one was in or around the car and called for tow but I didnt listen beyond that.
Curious

Brodhead, KY

#5 Oct 19, 2012
WKYT reported it was a teacher who was killed.
cutter

London, KY

#6 Oct 19, 2012
Iggy

Harrison, AR

#7 Oct 19, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>what is 1201 ?
Corner
ohh

United States

#8 Oct 19, 2012
sorry I thought you meant the one last night.
randall

London, KY

#9 Oct 19, 2012
so sad
Shirlee

London, KY

#10 Oct 19, 2012
the man killed in Laural county this morning was my son. It happened at around 9;30 this morning and I would really like it if everyone would not talk about it on topix. My family and I are going through a really tough time as parents are not suppose to bury there children.
Thank you
the Smith family
Iggy

Harrison, AR

#11 Oct 19, 2012
Shirlee wrote:
the man killed in Laural county this morning was my son. It happened at around 9;30 this morning and I would really like it if everyone would not talk about it on topix. My family and I are going through a really tough time as parents are not suppose to bury there children.
Thank you
the Smith family
It's only natural that people want to know when things like this happens...I see no harm done since there is nothing ugly being said...More talk than this will certainly be spoken that is not on topix. However, We will be praying for you and any others concerned...The news said he was a teacher; it would be likey that someone knew where he taught...thanks and prayers your way...
Shirlee

London, KY

#12 Oct 19, 2012
Iggy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only natural that people want to know when things like this happens...I see no harm done since there is nothing ugly being said...More talk than this will certainly be spoken that is not on topix. However, We will be praying for you and any others concerned...The news said he was a teacher; it would be likey that someone knew where he taught...thanks and prayers your way...
no he was not the teacher who was killed I just do not want people bad mouthing him on topix. I know that people are concerned when something like this happens. I think that the first accident happened by Elmo's old furniture and the accident that my son died in was at crossroads fire department.
Iggy

Harrison, AR

#13 Oct 19, 2012
Shirlee wrote:
<quoted text>
no he was not the teacher who was killed I just do not want people bad mouthing him on topix. I know that people are concerned when something like this happens. I think that the first accident happened by Elmo's old furniture and the accident that my son died in was at crossroads fire department.
I am so sorry for your loss...That has to be so very hard for any parent of any ago...I didn't know there were two accidents...
Keepin Em Honest

East Bernstadt, KY

#14 Oct 19, 2012
Shirlee wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so crazy.I think if i had just lost my son that the last thing that i would be worried about is what someone is saying on topix.I dont mean to be rude but should'nt you be greiving with the rest of the family rather than sitting around posting on topix.Com e on get real.However i am sorry fgor your loss and keepin your family in my prayers.
DIANNA

Santa Barbara, CA

#15 Oct 19, 2012
Im sorry for your loss. GOD bless you and your family. Thoughts and prayers!
just sayin

East Bernstadt, KY

#18 Oct 20, 2012
i totally agree... if i had just lost my son in an accident i dont even thing i would be on my computer cause i would be way to upset to sit and read what anyone has to say on topix or facebook... sorry for your loss but really get off the computer and go grieve with your family...
Keepin Em Honest wrote:
<quoted text>This is so crazy.I think if i had just lost my son that the last thing that i would be worried about is what someone is saying on topix.I dont mean to be rude but should'nt you be greiving with the rest of the family rather than sitting around posting on topix.Com e on get real.However i am sorry fgor your loss and keepin your family in my prayers.
hmmm

East Bernstadt, KY

#19 Oct 20, 2012
noone knew about this accident...
Shirlee wrote:
Thank you
the Smith family
Shirlee

London, KY

#24 Oct 20, 2012
Keepin Em Honest wrote:
<quoted text>This is so crazy.I think if i had just lost my son that the last thing that i would be worried about is what someone is saying on topix.I dont mean to be rude but should'nt you be greiving with the rest of the family rather than sitting around posting on topix.Com e on get real.However i am sorry fgor your loss and keepin your family in my prayers.
Ok first off you do not know me and second off I was checking topix to see if anyone stated they had seen the accident since the whole thing makes no sense at all. As for how you would act if you were in my shoes I pray to God that you never have to go through such a loss. As every second since this nightmare began I have had to try and keep my mind busy so I do not lose it. So unless you know me keep your mouth shut not every person grieves in the same way. When you lose a child in a tragic accident you try every way you can to make sense of how something like this can happen.
curious

London, KY

#30 Oct 20, 2012
Is laurel Creek located in East Bernstadt?
makes sense

London, KY

#34 Oct 21, 2012
Anger is a part of the grieving process. It wasn't appropriate to call his mother any names. She was only looking for answers to how or why this happened. It's been awhile, but I think it goes denial, anger, questioning, acceptance, reflection. Sometimes when folks are going through a stressful time as fellow human beings we have to we have to have compassion and empathy because no one really knows how they would react until they are placed in the same situation. You never really get over the unexpected death of a loved one. You only get used to the pain. In time things will get better, but not because you are healed or because you forget the person, you just get used to life without the person. There will always be a void. Your heart will always bleed, but it eventually becomes like the prick of a thorn. I hope this helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are you a lazy SSI and food stamp moocher ? (Oct '13) 16 min Working American 365
Hillary is diseased 52 min Dell Gamble 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 153,858
Trump may have violated US law on Cuba 1 hr Well 2
Trump's rise draws white supremacists into poli... 2 hr Farm_er 1
Megyn Kelly and Kellyanne Conway got into a hea... 2 hr Farm_er 1
Trump wanted unattractive women fired 2 hr Farm_er 1

London Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

London Mortgages