ellen

Somerset, KY

#24 Jan 18, 2013
Go to the bars wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to these restaurant bars any nite and you will see drunks. Ask the City Police if they have ever busted a drunk driver coming out of these establishment. People get drunk 7 days and nights a week in these place. Hell, people wouldn't go if they couldn't get drunk.
So your saying all the london police are getting paid off for not arresting the drunks. They are geting paid off from the owner for not closing the bar down because they are letting the people then drive drunk.
Go to the bars

Somerset, KY

#25 Jan 18, 2013
ellen wrote:
<quoted text>So your saying all the london police are getting paid off for not arresting the drunks. They are geting paid off from the owner for not closing the bar down because they are letting the people then drive drunk.
No, the city police bust plenty coming out of these bars. Ask them.
Tips Accepted

London, KY

#26 Jan 18, 2013
fred wrote:
<quoted text>Another lie. Every person that work every food place in ky that wait on table are only paid about 2.50 a hour that is federal law.Walmart dc is more then 30,000 sq ft. Marshall will only be paying 7 a hour . that a big deal.
Yeah, they may say it's $2.50/hr but they have to pay minimum. Most restaurants depend on tips to do that but if they don't then the restaurant has to do it. That's why I won't tip at a medium level restaurant. You're not helping the server, you're paying the restaurant more. They get enough. High end restaurants are a little different. The server can get up to $20/hr, but not around here.
Foodservice Employee

London, KY

#27 Jan 18, 2013
In regards to "Tips Accepted", you must have never worked in the industry or you would know the employer would just claim enough tips for you to reach minimum wage. By your cheap a$$ not tipping, I'm sure you get the "best service" on your repeat visits, plus a little "extra" in your food/drinks.
Tips Accepted

Hazard, KY

#28 Jan 19, 2013
So what you're saying is, your employer would break the law for you. And then you imply that a server would break the law. The IRS is implementing a system where you will pay on a certain amount of tip income, whether you got it or not, based on the employers gross. It's actually been proven pretty accurate in bigger more tip friendly venues than small tows such as London and Corbin. But they're pushing it anyway. Sorry, but I'm not going to tip and help your employer. They get enough anyway.

I think tipping should be illegal.
Bella

Georgetown, KY

#29 Jan 19, 2013
Tips Accepted wrote:
So what you're saying is, your employer would break the law for you. And then you imply that a server would break the law. The IRS is implementing a system where you will pay on a certain amount of tip income, whether you got it or not, based on the employers gross. It's actually been proven pretty accurate in bigger more tip friendly venues than small tows such as London and Corbin. But they're pushing it anyway. Sorry, but I'm not going to tip and help your employer. They get enough anyway.
I think tipping should be illegal.
That is just rude and cheap. Even if you think your reasons are justified, your waiter or waitress deserves better treatment than that.
Variety

London, KY

#30 Jan 19, 2013
Reef shark wrote:
<quoted text>Overpriced Cracker Barrel!
Oh well, at least it's not another Mexican rest or another McDonalds. Lol.
well

Somerset, KY

#31 Jan 19, 2013
At this point it wouldnt matter if they bring an Outback, with the Obama deathcare and the extra taxes being taken out already in our paychecks and the increasing price of food and gas who can afford to eat out anymore. I will spend my money at the grocery and eat in from now on cant afford to eat out anymore.
Tips Accepted

Hazard, KY

#32 Jan 19, 2013
Bella wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just rude and cheap. Even if you think your reasons are justified, your waiter or waitress deserves better treatment than that.
Probably so, but the restaurant does not deserve extra. I would be happy to give a cash tip to a server who does more than the general requirement. But I don't want to give it to the restaurant which happens more often than not. I have pizza delivered occasionally. I've been told by the deliverers that they fight for that delivery because I tip well. I'm five miles away giving a cash tip. Whatever the delivery person wants to do is none of my business. Of course the law is to report the tip and they should do that. If they don't, oh well. I said tipping should be illegal but that's not actually true. Paying at least minimum wage should be the law and tips should go to the server not the restaurant. If it's to simply make the server feel good and not to help them financially, I could just pat them on the back. Same difference and the restaurant pays.
Foodservice Employee

London, KY

#33 Jan 19, 2013
So you tip a pizza delivery guy/gal, but not someone who waits on you hand and foot. Makes no sense to me, no difference. I tip my pizza guy/gal at least $5 no matter what and I live less than 2 miles from them because they have to use their gas and they make squat for an hourly wage. I also get my pizzas and cab rides or whatever else super quick because I'm not a cheap asshole for what it's worth.
Tips Accepted

Hazard, KY

#34 Jan 19, 2013
I get pizza's quick. I own a car, several of them in fact so I don't call cabs. I've never been waited on "hand and foot" most of it is just standard service, which deserves a standard tip. Pizza delivery includes a surcharge anyway and one Papa John's driver told me that was for the driver, but still I tip them well because it goes in their pocket. I don't like tipping a place I just paid. They should have to pay minimum wage and then the servers get the tips. Not how it works.

But if you want a pat on the back, good job there.
Tips Accepted

Hazard, KY

#36 Jan 19, 2013
Hey, if you want to subsidize a restaurant in the name of giving somebody a pat on the back, be my guest. I won't.

If you're a true food service employee you don't have a lot to give away anyway. Why subsidize the restaurant.
Good Point Really

Windsor, WI

#37 Jan 19, 2013
I used to do the books for a local franchise of a large pizza restaurant chain. I always thought it was funny because if a server was caught keeping tips they were fired. All tips went in the till. None of the servers actually made minimum wage even with the tips but would be insulted and mad when they weren't tipped. They got paid the same either way, but you couldn't explain it to them. Being a server is a thankless job. Why anybody would do it except in high end restaurants is beyond me. Now with the IRS cracking down on credit card sales and assuming the server gets part. Hell, I wouldn't go near it, but people do.
Tips Accepted

Hazard, KY

#38 Jan 19, 2013
man wrote:
<quoted text>what a azz!eat at home ya cheap pricjk!
It is better food for a better price and I do exactly that most of the time.
Tips Accepted

Hazard, KY

#40 Jan 19, 2013
Never been to Cracker Barrel after the first time. Hate the place. Crappy food and Crappy service. Get a real job if you don't like the way it is. I bet you want to give lousy service and expect a tip anyway. Usually change is just a message that you're a crappy server. But it goes to Cracker Barrel anyway. One way or the other.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#41 Jan 20, 2013
Old Man wrote:
Just what London needs. Another restaraunt serving alcohol. Who cares. I'd rather stay at home and eat a bologna sandwich as to be around a bunh of drunks eating.
Yeah, but I'm guessing you use the services that the tax revenue brings in. Go hug your bible and enjoy that nasty sandwich. Personaly I can't wait for somewhere new to eat, with out burning up fuel at $3.20 a gallon to go to other towns.
Curious

Greenbrier, AR

#42 Jan 20, 2013
So, back to the original question, when's it getting built?

Tired of seeing the griping about pay and part time jobs. Most of you on here probably don't even want to work so don't complain about part time jobs or pay. Don't work somewhereif you don't like their ways. You can thank obamacare for the part time jobs now. It's not the restaurant's fault, lay the blame where it belongs..........
RTRD

London, KY

#43 Jan 20, 2013
There are two types of people who eat in restaurants:
1. People who are old and filthy rich and enjoying life now because they didn't eat in restaurants when they were young.
2. People in their 20's-40's who will never save a dime because they give all their money to some old filthy rich resaturant owner.
Justice Served

North Royalton, OH

#44 Jan 20, 2013
Their is no legal requirement to Tip anyone. The term Tip means To Insure Prompt Service.
The tip dose not legally need to be currency. It can be Movie tickets, or other ojects of value.
Given to the person who provides the service.
Tips Accepted

Hazard, KY

#45 Jan 20, 2013
Curious wrote:
So, back to the original question, when's it getting built?
Tired of seeing the griping about pay and part time jobs. Most of you on here probably don't even want to work so don't complain about part time jobs or pay. Don't work somewhereif you don't like their ways. You can thank obamacare for the part time jobs now. It's not the restaurant's fault, lay the blame where it belongs..........
Are they going to take food stamps? It's really not fair if they don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min RoseAnne 135,203
Laurel County Schools 16 min STurpentine 9
barger (Mar '12) 1 hr ham bone 29
Harry Reid Says He's Proud He Lied On Romney 2 hr working taxpayer 7
is hillary going to prison 2 hr scirocco 71
Kyle Robinson 4 hr cheater js 3
add a word--drop a word (Apr '10) 13 hr Princess Hey 921
London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance