board of ed complaints

Posted in the London Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
serious

Corbin, KY

#1 Jul 29, 2008
Can anyone reading this thread tell me how to go about filing formal complaints with Frankfort about issues within the Laurel school system? Im more many ppl would appreciate this info. Thanks very much :)

Since: Jul 08

London

#2 Jul 30, 2008
google kentucky dept of education or government and I'm sure it will lead you where you need to go.
here you go

Cynthiana, KY

#3 Jul 30, 2008
serious wrote:
Can anyone reading this thread tell me how to go about filing formal complaints with Frankfort about issues within the Laurel school system? Im more many ppl would appreciate this info. Thanks very much :)
Here's one
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/oea/FORM.HTM
serious

Corbin, KY

#4 Jul 31, 2008
thanks!!! i hope every parent with a legit gripe will use this info and link to change things in Laurel Co Schools.
Please do not

London, KY

#5 Jul 31, 2008
In my opinion griping will only make things worse.
Whasthedeal

London, KY

#6 Jul 31, 2008
You will accomplish nothing. Sorry, but true.

Since: Dec 07

Covington, KY

#7 Jul 31, 2008
Please do not wrote:
In my opinion griping will only make things worse.
It is all in how your deliver your complaint. Voicing a compaint and "griping" can be very different. If there are legitimate concerns that affect a broad sprectrum of children in the Laurel School System, let's don't allow the Board of Education to police themselves.

However, I would first take my compaint through proper channels at my local school and ensure that the Board of Education has a chance to review the compliant and respond before I took it straight to Frankfort.

It can only make things worse if you totally circumvent the system, or your complaint is not legitimate.
Joe

Lexington, KY

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Emailed them last night with a legitimate complaint and they called me back today and say there is nothing they can do if they are not in violation of any codes or something like that. Only wanted approval for my daughter to stay in the Wyan Pine School. We had to move temporarily out of their district and they flat said no can do. It was her first year in school last school year and she had a very hard time at first but then things went very well. I guess it is back to home schooling. Their reason for denying the request was that they wanted to keep the enrollment balanced in each school district.
Uh OK

London, KY

#9 Jul 31, 2008
If they allow 1 person to do it...then they have to allow everyone to do it.
Simple as that.
Joe

Lexington, KY

#10 Jul 31, 2008
I am sure some of the request were approved. I guess if we could have made a nice donation it would have helped. Oh well if I do not change my mind they will be getting less funding this school year because they will be less at least one student. I know one child less it will not hurt them. If only more people would stand up to some of the junk that goes on around here this would be a better place to live.
Do not ask Do not tell

London, KY

#11 Jul 31, 2008
Could you just transport your child and not say anything about moving?
Sassy

Lexington, KY

#12 Jul 31, 2008
Do not ask Do not tell wrote:
There is too much of that goes on the way it is! If anyone thinks that every child in LC goes to the school it is suppose to, you are bad wrong! I don't know why they made boundries to begin with, people do not abide by them????? I know a lot of kids that live in one district and go to school at the other. I don't know how they get by with it, unless they give someone elses address & outright lie??? I absolutely know for a fact it is not enforced.
kygal

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2008
So you want to complain because you were told no. All school districts have the same policy about living in the correct area to go to the school they are suppose to. It has been this way for a very long time. Kids adjust well when changing. Give your child a benefit of a doubt that she can adjust.
about time

Cynthiana, KY

#14 Jul 31, 2008
Whasthedeal wrote:
You will accomplish nothing. Sorry, but true.
I agree. Last year numerous complaints were filed about testing in the LC schools...you wanna know how they resolved the issue? The people in the school system "investigated" and sent a report back to KDE....Now, do we think that they reported any problems?
Joe

Lexington, KY

#15 Jul 31, 2008
Already wrote the letter and told them the situation. Just trying to be honest. Oh I wanted to do it your way but my wife would not let it be.
Do not ask Do not tell wrote:
I Know

London, KY

#16 Jul 31, 2008
I know for a fact alot of kids don't go to the correct school. Teacher's kids are one group for certain. It all depends on who you are. That is what Laurel County is all about. WHO YOU ARE!!!They are using the "balancing out the schools" for an excuse. I know one school where some students go that are supposed to be in a different school but becasue mommy is a teacher the kids can continue to go to the school that was supposed to be overcrowded. I also do know that the principal at one of the "overcrowded" schools had her choice on whether to send students to Wyan Pine. It was her choice to send the students or to not send them and that was one of the overcrowded schools that needed to be "balanced". It all goes back to WHO YOU KNOW!!!
LondonKy

Richlands, VA

#17 Jul 31, 2008
Uh OK wrote:
Simple as that.
if you only knew how many kids that live in south district go to north and kids that live in north that go to south with out anyone ever knowing....i know quite a few kids that do that..what is the big deal... i have never seen a county that is so divided as Laurel County is...

Joe should of just keep it to your self and got a po box and left your daughter at the school
Parent

London, KY

#18 Jul 31, 2008
Uh OK wrote:
Simple as that.
LOL It is sure not as simple as that. Call Lola Reed and see how she gets all her relatives in Bush. Too bad you don't have some dirt in the Wyan Pine area, PLENTY people use fake addresses. I'm sorry you don't have pull that is what the LC system is all about.
Joe

Lexington, KY

#19 Jul 31, 2008
Yeah I should have kept my mouth shut. I hear alot of that, LOL!!! When we lived in Harlan I never heard anything about oh what district do you live in or any of the stupid crap that goes on around this place. The funny thing is when you call and try to talk personally with the Superintendant he is never available or he will call you back. Been waiting 2 weeks on that return call. Was on hold today for awhile waiting on him and then a lady comes on and says oh he had to go into a meeting. We never wanted or really asked for any special favors. We just wanted what we think is best for our daughter. But apparently that does not matter in Laurel County.
Then when you ask them how is she going to mess up the enrollment or whatever when she was already a student there. Then they act dumb and have no legitimate answer. Oh Well We have already researched some good homeschooling on the internet and she will be fine.
Parent

London, KY

#20 Jul 31, 2008
Joe wrote:
Yeah I should have kept my mouth shut. I hear alot of that, LOL!!! When we lived in Harlan I never heard anything about oh what district do you live in or any of the stupid crap that goes on around this place. The funny thing is when you call and try to talk personally with the Superintendant he is never available or he will call you back. Been waiting 2 weeks on that return call. Was on hold today for awhile waiting on him and then a lady comes on and says oh he had to go into a meeting. We never wanted or really asked for any special favors. We just wanted what we think is best for our daughter. But apparently that does not matter in Laurel County.
Then when you ask them how is she going to mess up the enrollment or whatever when she was already a student there. Then they act dumb and have no legitimate answer. Oh Well We have already researched some good homeschooling on the internet and she will be fine.
That would be their open door policy they are always talking about. LOL. Don't you have a friend's address to use? Again call Lola.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

London Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Chaos of Madness 135,027
Laurel County Schools 3 hr Fed Up 1
Tell the truth Jailer Mosley (Feb '13) 5 hr eye witness 39
News Murder Investigation in McCreary County 6 hr Walker 11
How do you get rid of coyotes??? (Oct '09) 6 hr Alex Nicole 154
is hillary going to prison 7 hr Independent 49
Botox 9 hr Curious 1
London Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

London People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance