police writing too many tickets and t...

police writing too many tickets and targeting young people

Posted in the Loganville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
loganville mom

Tucker, GA

#1 Sep 21, 2006
It seems that our family and several friends have gotten tickets for things that didn't happen. I know so many young people and adults that feel like the police in Loganville are often harassing us. I just wondered if anyone else has had this same experience. I know they put their life on the line everyday. I grew up believing they were our protectors and our friends. I don't think it is that way anymore around here. As one officer said to me about this. Everyone wants to be a Robo Cop. My concern is the way this younger generation is feeling about the police. I myself have been treated very badly by them in the past.
Loganville Mom

Tucker, GA

#2 Sep 24, 2006
Is it possible that I am the only person that feels like the police are writing tickets that don't need to be written and that often young people are being treated unfairly by our officers?
Loganville resident

Loganville, GA

#3 Nov 6, 2007
I do believe that loganville cops are harassing everyone. It seems like they hate there jobs and they take it out on the residents. I've been followed all the way home into my drive way before.
Tired

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 7, 2007
I got stopped with no explanation. I got a ticket for expired licence plate. It expired 10/31. The ticket was written 11-2, 2 days after expiring. No warning just a ticket. I know I was wrong but I would be hopeful a little break could be given. I'm going to vote against everyone who currently holds office. Some new blood is needed.
Alone

Phenix City, AL

#5 Nov 7, 2007
They (Cops) were all picked on in school, and are here ONLY to retaliate against their previous life.
Bull Dawg

Rex, GA

#6 Dec 22, 2007
Tired wrote:
I got stopped with no explanation. I got a ticket for expired licence plate. It expired 10/31. The ticket was written 11-2, 2 days after expiring. No warning just a ticket. I know I was wrong but I would be hopeful a little break could be given. I'm going to vote against everyone who currently holds office. Some new blood is needed.
Give me a break! This has to be the most ridicules post I have read on this board.
Bull Dawg

Rex, GA

#7 Dec 22, 2007
Alone wrote:
They (Cops) were all picked on in school, and are here ONLY to retaliate against their previous life.
Yea keep that thought next time they (Cops) save your azz!
Bull Dawg

Rex, GA

#8 Dec 22, 2007
loganville mom wrote:
It seems that our family and several friends have gotten tickets for things that didn't happen. I know so many young people and adults that feel like the police in Loganville are often harassing us. I just wondered if anyone else has had this same experience. I know they put their life on the line everyday. I grew up believing they were our protectors and our friends. I don't think it is that way anymore around here. As one officer said to me about this. Everyone wants to be a Robo Cop. My concern is the way this younger generation is feeling about the police. I myself have been treated very badly by them in the past.
Well if they didn't happen then why in the hell did you/they get a ticket!

Hide!!! Hide!!! Hide!!! The Loganville Robo Cops are Coming!!!
WHATEVER

Atlanta, GA

#9 Apr 2, 2008
LOGANVILLE MOM....
MAYBE THE TEENAGER THAT THE POLICE ARE "HARASSING" WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE THEY SPEED DOWN THE ROAD THAT YOU ARE DRIVING ON ONE DAY....AVOIDING AN ACCIDENT...
YeahYeah

Snellville, GA

#10 Apr 10, 2008
I think the cops are a bit rash on certain matters. Anything can be twisted to make it illegal.
What a laugh

United States

#11 Apr 16, 2008
Loganville PD is a joke and will always be a joke.
It was corrupt back in the day and still is today. Boy, could I tell you stories from the 70's to the 2000's. It has not changed, just different names and faces. The best drugs came from one of the officers, OR if you wanted to get out of going to jail for driving drunk if you are female, just meet the officer behind the old Ingles for a quickie ...Talk about predators!!!!
WaltonResident

Marietta, GA

#12 May 13, 2008
What a laugh wrote:
Loganville PD is a joke and will always be a joke.
It was corrupt back in the day and still is today. Boy, could I tell you stories from the 70's to the 2000's. It has not changed, just different names and faces. The best drugs came from one of the officers, OR if you wanted to get out of going to jail for driving drunk if you are female, just meet the officer behind the old Ingles for a quickie ...Talk about predators!!!!
Those are some serious accusations you are making behind your anonymouse user name. However, I will say that one of two things is true about your comments...

1. You are extremely irresponsible and should be ashamed of yourself for not doing your civic duty putting a stop to those actions if they are true.

2. You should be ashamed of yourself and your comments are slanderous if they aren't true.

Either way, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Between

Marietta, GA

#13 May 14, 2008
Seems to me there's a little truth to both sides. The police have a very stressful job, and teenagers believe it or not are more times than not are ignoring the traffic laws. This makes them an easy target. On the other hand if there not breaking the traffic laws then they shouldn't be followed, it's almost a type of harassment. I guess it just is what it is.
some true words

Marietta, GA

#14 Jun 7, 2008
Theyre gonna call me sir theyll all stop picking on me
Well Im a high school grad Im over 5 foot 3
Ill get a badge and a gun and Ill join the p.d.

i got a ticket in loganville and went to court and fought it and the cop who was SO MEAN to me was oh so sweet when the judge heard my side (mind you a judge that made grown men cry that day) let me go and said you were right they were wrong, but do you think that cop was going to listen to me...hell no

and I AM NOT A TEENAGER
Loganville resident

Cartersville, GA

#15 Jul 17, 2008
I got a ticket INSIDE of my neighborhood. I rolled through a stopsign that was being guarded by a parked Loganville douchebag. It was the fat one in the old model car. Totally ridiculous!
Lawdog4817

Decatur, GA

#16 Jul 17, 2008
Loganville resident wrote:
I got a ticket INSIDE of my neighborhood. I rolled through a stopsign that was being guarded by a parked Loganville douchebag. It was the fat one in the old model car. Totally ridiculous!
Do you live in Grayson or Loganville? under your name is states "Grayson" but you say that a Loganville cop stopped you in YOUR Neighborhood. Seems to me you missed this one along with the stop sign.
Loganville resident

Cartersville, GA

#17 Jul 18, 2008
I've never posted on hear before. I used the post a comment box below and thats how it showed up when I submitted the post. I was never given the option of choosing a location. I live in Loganville. I hope that I have cleared up that irrelavent bit of information for you. I didn't miss the stop sign. It's IN my neighborhood meaning that I pass it at least 2 times a day. I'm aware it's there. I chose not to come to a complete stop because it's not necessary. When coming to the intersection you can clearly see WAY down the street in both directions. When this occured there was a car in front of me that rolled through the sign to, I asked the cop why he didn't go after the guy in front of me. His reply, "Don't worry about him, your the one who I chose to pull over",(asshole). The point I'm trying to make is there has to be somthing more productive for him to be doing on taxpayers time than to lay in wait for people to roll through a stop sign IN a neighborhood. He probably just needed to make his quota.

Since: Jul 08

Decatur, GA

#18 Jul 18, 2008
I've never posted on hear before. I used the post a comment box below and thats how it showed up when I submitted the post. I was never given the option of choosing a location. I live in Loganville. I hope that I have cleared up that irrelavent bit of information for you. I didn't miss the stop sign. It's IN my neighborhood meaning that I pass it at least 2 times a day. I'm aware it's there. I chose not to come to a complete stop because it's not necessary. When coming to the intersection you can clearly see WAY down the street in both directions. When this occured there was a car in front of me that rolled through the sign to, I asked the cop why he didn't go after the guy in front of me. His reply, "Don't worry about him, your the one who I chose to pull over",(asshole). The point I'm trying to make is there has to be somthing more productive for him to be doing on taxpayers time than to lay in wait for people to roll through a stop sign IN a neighborhood. He probably just needed to make his quota.
You chose not to stop. So now you must pay the price for getting caught. GA law 40-6-72b..
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2003_04/ga...

You ever think that cops might pay taxes as well...duh! LOL at that comment you made.
Also Im sure cops need to meet there quota. It makes revenue for the city so more stop signs can be put up!
Loganville resident

Cartersville, GA

#19 Jul 19, 2008
But what he was doing is just petty shit. And what do you have to say about him choosing the younger guy, me, over the older guy who broke the law before I did. He targeted me, therefore harrasing the younger citizen. (topic of the thread)

Since: Jul 08

Decatur, GA

#20 Jul 19, 2008
But what he was doing is just petty shit. And what do you have to say about him choosing the younger guy, me, over the older guy who broke the law before I did. He targeted me, therefore harrasing the younger citizen.(topic of the thread)
Do you know for a fact that the cop saw whom was driving in the other car? He might have or he might not have..But you will never know the right answer. Also you stated that another car was in front of you. How far in front? Did this car already clear the stop sign? Also I would think that if two vehicles went through the stop sign,and I was the cop. I would have to stop the last vehicle to roll through it. Makes only sense. Why should I have to bust ass to catch upto the first car went in fact the second car...in this case you. Went through the sign as well...east target, last car...broke the law etc...
What is petty to some is not the case for others.
Rememeber Timothy Mcveigh? The Oklahoma Bomber whom killed 168 people and out of that 19 of them small children. You know how he was caught? A Oklahoma State Trooper pulled him over for not having a license plate on his car. Pretty petty huh...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loganville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FRIENDS Bar & Grill Oct '17 lonely 3
Review: Choe's HapKiDo of Grayson Martial Arts ... (Jul '10) Sep '17 Choes HapKiDo 13
News Georgia judge suspended after comparing anti-Co... Aug '17 Snowflake Summer 1
Horrible business practices of The New Car Wash... (Nov '13) Jul '17 Sandy W 5
News Woman charged in slayings of 4 children, father... Jul '17 CodeTalker 18
News Several children, adult found dead after report... Jul '17 Marti 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 21

Loganville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loganville Mortgages